• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanGGZ

Banned
Invasion during the beta : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=2RBL9cAGs9o

That was awesome !

Spartan & Élite colors are perfect, I dislike the red vs blue in Reach. Too mainstream. I forgot about the ODST musics, just epic. And I didn't remember that, but there was a support for the Covenant Weapons.

Also, Beam Rifle was gorgeous. I miss the beta (like Halo 3). ='(

Please 343, don't make a beta for Halo 4.

[FIX]

Don't make a beta which be better than the final game.

[FIXED]

FyreWulff

Make it a button. I don't want to be driving an accidentally click my stick. :/

How would you accidentally click the stick to zoom while driving?

Were there no AAs during the first phase of Invasion Slayer?

Goddamn, I'm really wishing it was May 3rd, 2010 again.

I remember loadouts at all tiers.

Spartan & Élite colors are perfect, I dislike the red vs blue in Reach. Too mainstream.

This was answered by a Bungie employee a while back. Too many people accidentally betrayed their teammates because the colors weren't distinct enough, and the way the engine works you would have ended up with Green Elites and Purple Spartans when the teams switched sides. HBO post 1 and HBO post 2

On the subject of 1st person hog driving, can I just have 1st person view when in the passenger seat? Optional 1st person driving and turret would be neat.

Karl2177

How would you accidentally click the stick to zoom while driving?

I remember loadouts at all tiers.

Clench-protection

That's some Invasion nostalgia right there.
It was even shittier back then than it is right now. So much spawn-camping.

Yes.
I loved Beta Invasion aside from only spawning as one species.

Best thing about Invasion Beta was Green Spartans vs. Purple Elites

A damned shame it was removed too.

Homeboyd

Best thing about Invasion Beta was Green Spartans vs. Purple Elites
What was the reason that was cut (removed) again? I remember reading the explanation but can't recall the details.

Theoretically speaking, can you guys list specifics about the beta version of Invasion you'd like to see return if Invasion were to get a face-lift/overhaul? Also, would you support it being dropped to 2 player split to allow for community maps?

Were there no AAs during the first phase of Invasion Slayer?

Goddamn, I'm really wishing it was May 3rd, 2010 again.

Much have been a glitch, they were normally there.

MGS3 is one of the greatest games of all time.

Also, Skyrim 360 load times are driving me insane.

That is all.

Tried installing it?

What was the reason that was cut (removed) again? I remember reading the explanation but can't recall the details.

Theoretically speaking, can you guys list specifics about the beta version of Invasion you'd like to see return if Invasion were to get a face-lift/overhaul? Also, would you support it being dropped to 2 player split to allow for community maps?

It was because you either had to switch the teams colors mid-game (because of two rounds), which they thought was a bad idea, or you'd have purple spartans and green elites in the second round.

Personally, I wish you would have just switched colors mid-game. Given that the species have different HUD's, I don't think it would have been very confusing, and then you can keep the sweet green v purple.

Oh boy, I can see where this is going... and I like it ;)

feel

Happy birthday Ram and everyone else.

quickedit-
MGS3 is cool guy. MGS1 too. Fuck MGS2 past the first chapter. MGS4 too.

Arnie

Even though MGS2 was probably a bit shit, lugging that PS2 home and playing through that thing at the age of 12 was one of the greatest experiences of my life, regardless. Just pure enjoyment. The leap in graphics over anything I'd played prior just made it an unforgettable experience. And it's still a far better game to 4.

Ken

1408186-bez_tytu_u.jpg

zap

I remember the pro-pipe being a one-hit kill from any distance if the grenade directly impacts a person.

:(

Back in the beta it was a noob tube.

Now it's a pro-pipe. It still kills in one hit, but you have to actually be good with it now...

heckfu

Banned
Just looking through old Halo 2 files on Bnet and found a game I played with Sai, Ghal, and Tunavi a solid two years before I joined Gaf.

Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom