• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Observation? You were borderline using predicate logic.

People insisting it IS a thruster.
People insisting it IS NOT a jetpack.

But you casually observe

Sound IS the same sound as the jetpack.

Are we just meant to leave your observation at that or do our minds just fill in the following?

THEREFORE it IS a jetpack in Hired's mind
I found the contrast amusing. Sorry that logic is so engrained in my rhetoric, Comp Sci background.

Nutter

I'll have to be working tomorrow. Not very happy about going on rounds and not being on gaf.

I feel bad for you bro, the trailer is going to be available on the net for just a few minutes and it will vanish from the internets afterwards. You will never be able to watch it and discuss.

people being sad about having to go to work and not being able to watch and post on GAF... pathetic

I feel bad for you bro, the trailer is going to be available on the net for just a few minutes and it will vanish from the internets afterwards. You will never be able to watch it and discuss.

people being sad about having to go to work and not being able to watch and post on GAF... pathetic

Shut the fuck up! Stop being reasonable! WE WILL DIE IF WE DONT SEE A SHORT HALO CLIP MONTHS BEFORE IT COMES OUT!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

People liking Halo and being excited to share their excitement in a Halo community. Pathetic? These events only come around once every few years. It's totally reasonable to be more excited about it than another day at work.

I came here to post something else, but now I forgot. :-\

Edit : Remembered. When and why did people start calling Frankie "Stinkles"? I've been hearing it since the Halo 2 days if I remember right, but I don't know where it came from.

Homeboyd

Hey guys.. where was the link to the 343 video? Sorry Im about 349823945723957 pages behind and couldn't find it on Waypoint.

Granted, I didn't look very hard.

heckfu

Banned

Yes pathetic how I go to work for 8 hours a day and don't get paid for it and would rather be relaxing instead.

God I'm a loser.

feel

dbpkXchl0G4oIz.gif

Fuchsdh

I struggle to retell the story of the games so far...

I suppose I should have added more, but I was on my mobile at the time.

I love the books and Halo's story--I'm writing for FuD for pete's sake :p It is incredibly rich.

But the stiry told in the original trilogy is pretty damn simple, as it doesn't rely on any expanded universe materials. You are a human supersoldier. Humanity is fighting Covenant. You find ring, you find Flood, you blow up ring to stop Flood, Covenant, and the gun pointed at the head of the universe. It works in part because it's so spare.

Things got a bit more complicated in Halo 2, but the publication's assertion that the entire trilogy was mystifying if you haven't read the books says that the writer never engaged the critical thinking centers of his brain.

As for why Halo 3 might drop you in the middle of stuff--duh. It's a sequel. They spoonfed you enough with what was there, but it's your own damn fault if you complain that you don't know what Han is doing in carbonite if you haven't seen Episodes IV and V.

Also, the guy didn't do any research. 343i has said that they are going to connect the expanded universe and game plots together to a higher degree--and he's arguing that they *shouldn't* do that.

GhaleonEB

Coming along fine. I've come up with a great way to start it that I think GAF will enjoy.

Don't really need help, just send in clips if you haven't already.

I'm going through my rendered videos lining up links to send in the next day or so. Part of the problem is a lot of my best clips are 3-4 minute long Firefight Limited (RIP) last man standing fights, while the short ones are amusing fails. I'll send you a mix and you can decide what if anything to do with them.

Alarm set for 5:50 tomorrow morning. One sleep!

blamite

Coming along fine. I've come up with a great way to start it that I think GAF will enjoy.

Don't really need help, just send in clips if you haven't already.
I just threw in a couple clips I thought might be semi-interesting. I'm realizing how few actual memorable or interesting plays I've had in Reach. :lol

I'm going through my rendered videos lining up links to send in the next day or so. Part of the problem is a lot of my best clips are 3-4 minute long Firefight Limited (RIP) last man standing fights, while the short ones are amusing fails. I'll send you a mix and you can decide what if anything to do with them.

Alarm set for 5:50 tomorrow morning. One sleep!

No rush, I set the clip submission deadline for March 27th because I have another hefty video project I'd like to finish first. (I'm also using it to hone my Sony Vegas skills.)

I'll repost the Montage announcment/reminder once a week (every Tuesday) until then. :)

TCKaos

Who on GAF has Red Flames in Reach, out of curiosity?

Roll call?

Here. I don't wear them often, though. I think it's a neat thing to have in the middle of gameplay but I can't get in to it during firefight/campaign/invasion games. It makes me look considerably less awesome in screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom