• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

zap

dbpkXchl0G4oIz.gif

Haha that was such an odd moment. Dat lag + those randoms :/

That looks awesome.
EDIT: I thought that they were two different weapons... it looks like a mix between both. What?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like an AR/BR combo to me.
Total speculation
I'm thinking the same thing. HALOGAF WOULD IMPLODE.

And yeah, fuck media black out, I want to spend the next months spazzing out with HaloGAF.

ManBearPanda

Neo Member
I picked the right choice finishing up this paper instead of going to bed.

Thank you based 343i

e: Also, that helmet looks way better than how it looked in the trailers, toys, etc.

ManBearPanda

Neo Member
So what's the over under on some other sites getting trigger-happy and releasing some video (hopefully) within the next half hour? Cause I really need to get some sleep tonight... :/

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What if this gun is is like the ODST SMG? A semi-accurate automatic with a scope...? It resembles both a BR and an AR... That can't be a coincidence.

This.
KuGsj.gif
Damnit.

So uh unleash the vids!

PS That link has been dead, anything else on that page besides those 2 pics? Any information at all?

I have no idea how I will sleep now =P

Also, here is what the page says-

Excited for Halo 4 like we are? Halo has been apart of the Xbox success from day one. Ever since Halo 3 ended, fans have been clamoring to see Master Chief return to the series and that’s what fans are getting with this latest installment.

I got my first look at Halo 4 at the Xbox 360 Spring Showcase and as a long time fan of the series; I was instantly blown away with the visual improvements that 343 made to the franchise. The lightening is the biggest showcase of that with environments are brought to life with the new engine 343 have designed. The environmental improvements are highly superior to the original games.

Fans first got to see Master Chief return to the saga when Microsoft showcased the Halo 4 trailer at the end of their of E3 press conference. While it was instantly breathtaking for fans, long time fans brought up a number of issues. The first is a slight change in Master Chief appearance, most notably was a missing cod piece armor. While it was missing, unlike previous E3 launch trailers, that footage wasn’t in game footage built around the current Halo 4 engine that 343 is using. Thankfully, Master Chief will have everything in order when the game is released, but this is by the best rendition of Master Chief to date.

It’s been five years since we last saw Master Chief “finish the fight” and defeat the covenant. With Halo 4 beginning a new trilogy, fans of the franchise will return to the beloved franchise, but Halo 4 offers the best chance for new comers to be introduced to the franchise. The graphical paroles will be great entry point for fans to be swept up in the storm that is Halo when it eventually hits store shelves.

And just when I was crawling into bed a BR appears like a bolt of lighting thrown by Zeus himself!!!

The sad part is the embargo ends at 8am my time just as I am starting work. I won't be able to get a damn thing done but most gaming sites are blocked from work so I will be counting on the Halo gaf to be reposting shit in here. PLEASE DON'T FAIL ME!!!!

Redford

aka Cabbie
Don't the BR and AR share ammunition anyways?

Hype-killing comment:
I hope we aren't looking at something we'll come to hate in a year's time.

Retro

What if this gun is is like the ODST SMG? A semi-accurate automatic with a scope...? It resembles both a BR and an AR... That can't be a coincidence.

It's not silenced like I've been suggesting in every Halo thread I've ever posted in, but if it rocks the the ODST S-SMG, I'll be happy.... so long as the ride-up mechanic is in and bloom is not.

ManBearPanda

Neo Member
Also, for everyone that's thinking the gun Chief's holding is some weird mash-up between an AR and BR. Frankie did say on the most recent Sparkcast that we should be expecting a different industrial design to a lot of the established stuff in the universe. We've seen 343i change up the look on the warthog, so my money's on this weapon being a BR (or something similar), just reinterpreted to fit their new art direction.

Nutter

People liking Halo and being excited to share their excitement in a Halo community. Pathetic? These events only come around once every few years. It's totally reasonable to be more excited about it than another day at work.

I came here to post something else, but now I forgot. :-\

Edit : Remembered. When and why did people start calling Frankie "Stinkles"? I've been hearing it since the Halo 2 days if I remember right, but I don't know where it came from.

Being sad that you have to go to work and cant sit around online all day long talking about some pics and a video ... that in itself is sad.. go to work, come back and it will still be around, and knowing this thread and the people that post too much in it you wont miss a thing. I am excited about new info too.. but I am not sad that I have to go to work.

Enough about this.. new pics YAAY :). Have fun.

Ramirez

How freaking happy am I that 343 chose to unveil MC with a BR like weapon? So happy.

Let 4 be the end of terrible spawning weapons please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom