• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Well hopefully it isn't the Halo 3 BR. That gun needed some tweaking.

Halo 3 BR on a bad day > Reach DMR at the best of times.

And there's no reason they can't tweak it's actual performance in gameplay. The important thing is, it's a BR, and that's a step in the right direction.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Well hopefully it isn't the Halo 3 BR. That gun needed some tweaking.

There's no way it's going to function the same as the Halo 3 BR. Just give me 3 shot burst, 4 shots to kill, hitscan and a lock firing rate. Edit: Actually I'll take 1 shot like the DMR

Homeboyd

Which is why you should just stay here. I did a little drive by trolling, but that will be the extent of my time in there. :p
Yeah I've spent the last 30 min checking each thread, but I know anything and everything important will be posted here. Would probably risk a ban staying on the gaming side anyways.

Not today.

Damn. Those screens look nice. I hope we will get more. I want to see the environment. But still great to see BR-like weapon! I hope it plays like a BR. Everyone likes the Chief now? He's awesome. Crap. Give me video footage.

Ramirez

There's no way it's going to function the same as the Halo 3 BR. Just give me 3 shot burst, 4 shots to kill, hitscan and a lock firing rate.

baby.gif

Tashi

I want gameplay videos so fuckin bad man. It's nice to get screens but I need dem videos son!!!!!!!!!!!

Blinding

Why in the world would you only leak these 2 shots? Why not leak everything you got if you are going to leak?

Because they didn't intentionally leak, they had the article up with those two images with a permission mask to not allow anybody to view it until supposedly the NDA lifted which was then bypassed through simple means. I'm sure they were planning on spreading the content out a bit instead of just tossing it all into one article.

Redford

aka Cabbie
^Agreed +50000.

Why in the world would you only leak these 2 shots? Why not leak everything you got if you are going to leak?

I'd imagine there's got to be some positive incentive involved, courtesy of MS. This has been an incredibly tight lead-up to a reveal.

Retro

Yeah! Super stoked, the return of the Battle Ri-

Oh.

It's just the weapon's designation, it doesn't mean they're copying and pasting the gameplay mechanics directly into Halo 4. It just means that gun, in terms of the Halo Universe, is the one used in Halo 3.

zap

Armor abilities confirmed,

Here is active camo:

http://i.imgur.com/m33JE.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/096/044/trollface.jpg?1296494117[IMG][/QUOTE]

You don't need to copy over non-news posts from the other threads...

Tashi

Yes.

I need to know if the annoying blur effect from Reach is gone.

lol that's such a non issue.

I need to see maps, weapons, jump height, run speed, radar, health system, gametypes, UI. ahhhhhhhhh there's so much!!

Havok

It's just the weapon's designation, it doesn't mean they're copying and pasting the gameplay mechanics directly into Halo 4. It just means that gun, in terms of the Halo Universe, is the one used in Halo 3.
I know.

I thought it was funny.

Dat BR. :D

God it looks so good. If we get gameplay videos today I am so not going to get much work done from about 2pm onwards. Thank god my workplace don't block any websites.

Halo 3 BR on a bad day > Reach DMR at the best of times.

And there's no reason they can't tweak it's actual performance in gameplay. The important thing is, it's a BR, and that's a step in the right direction.

Dear lord I disagree.

Assuming we see the burst fire return, hopefully 343 realizes that H2 did it right and H3 did not.

senador

Banned
HOLY SHIT. Glad I checked in before bed. Besides the fingers, in game Chief look sooooo much better than the damned toy figure. They are obviously similar, but from just these 2 screens they don't even compare in quality.

The gun looks like a BR type gun to me, not an AR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom