• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

ATLAS

I hope it becomes an in-game feature in Halo 4. The Reach (mobile) version is a neat idea but isn't useful enough to warrant looking away from the screen.

That's where I was going with the LB HUD idea - let you check which power weapons are about to respawn and immediately head in that direction.

I don't know how many times I've been wandering around Spire and just stumbled onto a Fuel Rod Gun or Sniper unchallenged. Sometimes it's just blind luck when players pick up power weapons and that shouldn't happen.

YES THIS.

Have you played Gears 3? Perhaps we can preserve the skill/skillgap in knowing the weapon timers and timing them. I like that mechanic.

But have it be like Gears 3 where you can see teammates and WEAPON SPAWNS through walls. Would be cool to have things like nade and weapon spawns be easier to find.

CyReN

I haven't got a quit ban yet, but if all your teammates quit out and it's 4v1 and you quit out, does it count against you for the ban? I do that quite a bit since there's no merit for me to stay and destroy my ever so precious kd..

Submitted my gt to HaloGaf:D

Trey

Find something better to dedicate an entire button to. Top down display of weapon respawns could easily share the Back button with the scoreboard.

A bit sad that even in a small community like this one people's opinion on Halo gameplay are so split, because that means that come the day Halo 4 gameplay reveals a bunch of people will inevitably be really disappointed with the gameplay direction they see Halo multiplayer heading in. Would be really cool if everyone could be happy for once, but that just won't be happening.

I think for me the best approach to have it going in with REALLY low expectations. Its almost inevitable at this point that at least elements of Halo 4 are going to dissapoint me. If I have the mindset that Halo 4 is going to be bad then it wont be Reach levels of dissapointment if it is bad. :p

Pretty sad outlook to have, but H4 has its work cut out and I just dont see how they can please everyone

blamite

Find something better to dedicate an entire button to. Top down display of weapon respawns could easily share the Back button with the scoreboard.

Flashlight. It's the only AA I'll accept.

Although I guess that could go on the d-pad. Night vision too, maybe.

Tawpgun

This is the Gears 3 Tac/Com. Like a VISR mode that shows weapon locations (but not if they're spawned or not or how long until they are) If you use it you can't fire.

fc948c983f942270c87f783ff9b6af01d6a92141.jpg__620x348_q85.jpg

Something like this would be perfect.

So, looks like nothing new from toy fair today, Tomorrow maybe?

Mcfarlane have annouced the future line up however.

MCFARLANE TOYS TO CREATE ‘HALO 4’ ACTION FIGURES

Long-Running, Best-Selling Figure Line Continues in 2012 with All-New Figures from the Latest ‘Halo’

This fall, Microsoft Studios and 343 Industries are releasing Halo 4, the highly anticipated video game expected to be one of the top entertainment launches of 2012. McFarlane Toys is proud to announce that its best-selling line of Halo action figures continues this fall as well, with figures from Halo 4.

Halo 4 brings back the most popular character of the Halo universe, the Master Chief, and kicks off an all-new trilogy of games. Dubbed the “Reclaimer Trilogy” by 343 Industries, these new games explore the characters of the Master Chief and Cortana, expand the Halo fiction in bold new ways and bring even more of the innovation that the Halo series is known for to the gaming world. McFarlane Toys Halo 4 action figures bring the all-new characters, weapons and vehicles of Halo 4 to video-game fans and action-figure collectors worldwide.

“Each new Halo game is a significant entertainment event,” says Todd McFarlane, CEO and founder of McFarlane Toys. “Halo 4 marks the return of the Master Chief and Cortana, plus the introduction of new characters, weapons and locations sure to excite long-time fans.”

Action figure collectors can expect the same quality and attention to detail in the Halo 4 line that they’ve come to expect from McFarlane toys. “We’re really excited to be working with the all-star team of 343 Industries,” Todd notes. “Microsoft has assembled an incredible group of developers to ensure Halo’s continued place among the top entertainment franchises. 343 Industries is pushing the envelope with the visuals, storytelling and gameplay, and we can’t wait until fans get their hands on Halo 4.”

The Halo 4 figure series continues in the 6-inch size introduced with their Halo: Reach figures. They’re also introducing a series of larger, boxed figures. These deluxe items are in scale with their 6-inch figures, but include larger accessories, such as Master Chief’s Cryotube.

McFarlane Toys is part of a select group of licensees with Halo 4 products available at game launch. Halo 4 Series 1 kicks off this August with four carded figures and one boxed figure set, and expands to include even more figures later in the fall.

Todd promises, “343 still has some surprises to reveal, so we can’t give you all the details just yet. But we’ve seen what they’re working on, and Halo 4 will be worth the wait!”

August 2012

Carded Figures

Master Chief
Secret Figure 1
Secret Figure 2
Secret Figure 3

Boxed Figure

Frozen Master Chief and Cryotube

November 2012

Carded Figures

Cortana
Secret Figure 4
Secret Figure 5
Secret Figure 6

Boxed Figure

Secret Boxed Figure 1

Halo 4 Series 1 will be launched in August 2012, and will expand around the game launch in fall 2012, continuing into 2013. Available at Walmart, Target, Toys “R” Us, GameStop, local comic book stores, drug stores and other retailers. MSRP is $12 for standard carded figures and $25 for deluxe boxed figures.

HALO UNIVERSE

In addition to its all-new Halo 4 action figure line, McFarlane Toys is continuing its popular Halo: Anniversary series in fall 2012. Since the franchise’s tenth anniversary has now passed, the line is being rebranded as “Halo Universe.”

Halo Universe continues to bring fans the classic, fan-favorite characters from the earlier Halo games, and even includes “expanded universe” sources such as novels, comic books and the animated feature, Halo Legends. This series also continues the popular “build-a-figure” feature of our Halo: Anniversary lines, bringing collectors an extra bonus item such as the Difficulty Plaque or UNSC Logo.

Todd explains, “Halo 4 brings fans figures from the latest and greatest Halo video game. But Halo is a franchise with over a decade of incredible games, movies, books and comics. With our Halo Universe line, we can continue to offer long-time fans the classic characters they know and love.”

Halo Universe Series 1 consists of five figures and one 6-inch-scale vehicle:

Frederic-104 (Halo Legends)
Romeo (Halo 3: ODST)
Elite Commando (Halo 3)
Brute Captain Major (Halo 3)
Spartan (Multiplayer)
ODST Drop Pod

Halo Universe Series 1 debuts in October 2012. Available at Walmart, Target, Toys “R” Us, GameStop, local comic book stores, drug stores, and other retailers. MSRP is $12 for figures and $39 for vehicles.

FyreWulff

This is the Gears 3 Tac/Com. Like a VISR mode that shows weapon locations (but not if they're spawned or not or how long until they are) If you use it you can't fire.

I should get around to playing Gears. I bought it at launch and played 15 minutes of the campaign and haven't been able to get around to it since.. the first time I've ever ended up not really playing a game I bought right when I get it. Now I understand a bit more on how people get game backlogs.

So, looks like nothing new from toy fair today, Tomorrow maybe?
Why are you quoting a week old HaloWaypoint news post? Does McFarlane even show something at the London Toy Fair? No one cares about London Toy Fair except for UK toy dudes. The real and important Toy Fair will be at beginning of February.

Yeah, I'd settle for that. I was just thinking the weapon icons would glow brighter if they were about to respawn (or had recently respawned).

You wouldn't be able to tell the timing exactly, but you'd have a very vague idea of which ones are more likely to actually be there.

If another player picks up the weapon it does NOT change anything on your HUD - the glow is still there indicating it recently respawned.

I just thought it would be a nice way to get casuals to move to the right areas - encouraging them to move around the map and create more focused combat without changing any Halo gameplay. It wouldn't be detailed enough info to affect high-level play - pros would have more exact knowledge of the respawn timing.

I agree that it may be nice. Also, I wan to say I have been playing Gears 3 lately and man is it a good looking game. So hard to go back to Reach as Gears 3 is so bright and clean looking, but at the same time has a gritty moody feel. I like it.

We knew this before Frankie started the tease. so there's a possibility of new stuff not from that PR.

Well, I imagine it has something to do with Toy Fair, they probably just didn't show the Re:Creation Halo 4 items yet.. Im guessing it will only be a hog, but the one PR did say a MC figure. One way or another it doesn't seem like we will see them today.

Frankie, 'we' in the party have decided that Halo 4 requires a James bond style opening featuring MC in a suit, body shots of cortana, nice cars, special effects and a smooth song.

Why are you quoting a week old HaloWaypoint news post? Does McFarlane even show something at the London Toy Fair? No one cares about London Toy Fair except for UK toy dudes. The real and important Toy Fair will be at beginning of February.

I didnt realise it was a week old, i dont read 343 updates i always forget about them.

UK Toy Fair has some Halo 4 content coming from Re:creation, only a 14" diecast warthog has been revealed so far but they promised characters aswell.

We knew this before Frankie started the tease. so there's a possibility of new stuff not from that PR.

See above, i wasnt aware we knew this just found it while looking for ToyFair UK news.

daedalius

I don't think I'll be able to place higher in the thread contributions than I did on OT7 if some H4 news doesn't happen soon.

Anyone know anyone that needs some art done for a game type project?

Damn am I riling up the Zelda thread. Who knew those guys had such a hard-on for the wii motion plus tech (garbage).

can someone with photoshopping skills make this a DMR shooting a warthog?

Damn, that's not what I do in photoshop at all :(

Would be hilarious though.

I don't think I'll be able to place higher in the thread contributions than I did on OT7 if some H4 news doesn't happen soon.

Anyone know anyone that needs some art done for a game type project?

Damn am I riling up the Zelda thread. Who knew those guys had such a hard-on for the wii motion plus tech (garbage).

Damn, that's not what I do in photoshop at all :(

Would be hilarious though.

I played through the game, the Wii motion plus works really well.

Has it? I had heard it was coming but I didn't think it had ever been put through.

Yeah, that's a beta screenshot, and they nerfed it for the release build, and it has been nerfed again.

It will still blind the shit out of your if someone gets up close to you, especially in a dark area.

TheOddOne

“Each new Halo game is a significant entertainment event,” says Todd McFarlane, CEO and founder of McFarlane Toys. “Halo 4 marks the return of the Master Chief and Cortana, plus the introduction of new characters, weapons and locations sure to excite long-time fans.”

Todd promises, “343 still has some surprises to reveal, so we can’t give you all the details just yet. But we’ve seen what they’re working on, and Halo 4 will be worth the wait!”
I usually frown upon hyperbolic PR fluff, but this is a work of art.

My hype levels have risen to unexpected heights.

daedalius

Perhaps you suck as a swordsman, it works really well for me.

You are quite the comedian, starwolf!

My coworkers must think I'm watching something really funny when I read some of your posts, given how loud I laugh.

be6369a9-8fed-4536-a3cd-dfbf071409bf.gif

Swordsmanship

You have quite the flare for the dramatic. Wii Music and Skyward Sword are completely different games.

Sorry it was the best waggling gif I could find quickly.

Might try to recalibrate it, even though I lay it flat every time before I start.

You are quite the comedian, starwolf!

My coworkers must think I'm watching something really funny when I read some of your posts, given how loud I laugh.

Swordsmanship

You have quite the flare for the dramatic. Wii Music and Skyward Sword are completely different games.

I just hoped over to the Zelda thread and they brought up some pretty good points, because its now more than pressing a button, human error is going to occur, you are going to make more mistakes. Your arm is the controller now.

As most Wii motion plus or IR problems go there are a couple things you can do to fix the problem.

Make sure you have curtains facing you closed, and make sure you calibrate your Wii motion plus like it asks you too. You can go into the Zelda Start Menu and re-calibrate any time you want. Make sure you have your sensor bar in the right position too.

Other than that all I can tell you is plenty of people have had a perfectly enjoyable experience with the game, it works fine.

Check your TV sitting distance too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom