• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Zealot is a circle on top of a circle on top of a circle. You can't get much more creative than that.

A bit more interesting than the design titan that is Midship.

bowl.jpg

kylej

Banned
Zealot is a circle on top of a circle on top of a circle. You can't get much more creative than that.

When you've got limited resources you've got to cut some corners somewhere. With the huge amount of maps in Reach it's understandable that some would be sub-par. Fly away troll.

CyReN

Everytime I play Zealot it just feels like there's something missing, I can't put what it is. Oh and bottom spawns piss me off, it isn't like Derelict where you can easily get up.

Gui_PT

I went -21 or something. It was a brave, yet foolish, effort on our part to stay in. They always had rockets, always had the hogs, always had the snipers... Thank christ we spawned with DMRs but you're right, that was pretty bad. They weren't necessarily good at the gunplay, but the simple fact that they had complete map dominance (with those atrocious blue spawns) meant we were screwed.

Don't sweat it, that match was preeetty bad. I'm just fairly stubborn when it comes to quitting out, I try not to. I managed to only go -8, so I was happy enough with that heh.

I read these posts with that accent Xand was making. My brain, she is confused.

FyreWulff

- Enclosed with jetpacks is garbage.

- 2 Flag Slayer in Team Objective is garbage.

That is all.

Seriously. 2 Flag Slayer belongs in Action Sack. Not Team Objective.

I remember going in after the update and went through two rounds where everyone but me voted for it (because of a map load fail). And since Premium Battle bit the dust, there is no 100% objectve list in Reach. Bah.

Homeboyd

Will someone with photoshop skills (or even lack thereof) create some fake Halo 4 screenshots for us to discuss/complain about?

Plz tnx

2Flag Slayer Unlimited. Best objective gametype of them all.

Weren't we all bitching for more flag gametypes? Then you bitch when you get them?

Homeboyd

I can't believe 343 is bringing back the plasma rifle. Poor decision, IMO. And it looks like we've got another 10 years of shooting grunts...

Beautiful skyboxes though. A+

Edit: Damn. Clipping returns. Pass.

Everytime I play Zealot it just feels like there's something missing, I can't put what it is. Oh and bottom spawns piss me off, it isn't like Derelict where you can easily get up.

You mean other than being the stupid hick cousin of Midship? Space sucks.

Ramirez

What's wrong with them in a competetive setting?

Even in a social setting they're completely broken. It's like they have a lip around them that you have to dance around to actually get to work. In the middle of a gun fight or getting shot at it's a complete clusterf*ck.

Even in a social setting they're completely broken. It's like they have a lip around them that you have to dance around to actually get to work. In the middle of a gun fight or getting shot at it's a complete clusterf*ck.

Aah yeah, I got ya. You mean when you try to use them from the middle level as opposed to the lower one right? While waiting for your reply I was thinking that thy work in a similar fashion to those on Construct. Starting on a low level but can still be used at a mid level where players are now vulnerable. Such a shame it doesn't quite work so well from the mid level of Zealot.

The entire middle design is the issue with the map. The top middle structure is useless and awkward.

Controlling that top structure is how you win. They spawn on bottom way more often when you have a player there.

Space is completely useless. That was a dumb idea. I'm talking the blocked off with sandbags Zealot that doesn't have space.

You want a guy gold, top mid, flag, and health pack, and you want to condense on the base/ramp where they spawn below, then go back to those positions and repeat on most likely the opposite side.

Thats about all I know about it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Seriously can't stand the lips, when you're trying to just get it in them and your fumbling around it so you decide to finally turn and look at the damn thing just to get inside it.

This is getting a little ridiculous no info about the H4 toys today? Hopefully we get something tomorrow in the update because I'm about to go crazy from the lack of any h4 news.

Tawpgun

Perhaps going for a marketing blitz. Announce at E3. Give barely enough to sustain everyone. People constantly begging.

MEGATON AT E3
or PAX East plz
and then CONTENT ON CONTENT. HYPE THROUGH THE ROOF. 10/10 before based on hype alone. Mad sales. Beats CoD. Perfect game. All is right with the world. Beli343 in H4LO.

FyreWulff

Aah yeah, I got ya. You mean when you try to use them from the middle level as opposed to the lower one right? While waiting for your reply I was thinking that thy work in a similar fashion to those on Construct. Starting on a low level but can still be used at a mid level where players are now vulnerable. Such a shame it doesn't quite work so well from the mid level of Zealot.

Yeah, it's hard to get them to actually throw you from mid. The grab area should have been made much larger on those.

FyreWulff

What kills me is I noticed this problem the first night I played the game, how does stupid stuff like this get past testing?

Same reason I noticed that the Needle Rifle automatically gave you headshots within the first kill at Halofest.

Out of scope, not enough bandwidth, not enough time, etc etc etc

kylej

Banned
What kills me is I noticed this problem the first night I played the game, how does stupid stuff like this get past testing?

Bungie didn't realize the space section of Zealot would be exploited. They seriously thought a low-grav, no kill timer, limited entrance, impossible to shoot from below space portion of a multiplayer map wouldn't be a problem.

Reach is hilarious.

senador

Banned
Same reason I noticed that the Needle Rifle automatically gave you headshots within the first kill at Halofest.

Out of scope, not enough bandwidth, not enough time, etc etc etc

Oh lawd.

343 didn't make this game, they tried to patch a turd, quit being a dolt.

Yeah, and they had 1 dev, and a newbie playlist management. PLUS, they knew about it going into. It was just for demonstration sake. OH FireWoof

MLG Zealot is good. And yea, lifts are dumb as shit in ring 2.

It's better, but I'm pretty upset that they scrapped a version they were testing after V2 (switch Sniper and Grenade Launcher, OS in the basement).

I think he actually broke the Warthog down and redid it during a podcast.

Didn't he apparently at a point in development come in over a weekend and redo almost every vehicle in the game from the ground up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom