• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
You guys know how sometimes in a Halo game if you're jumping over a ledge your own teamate can push you off by just walking into you? Or, sometimes you'll just walk into each other while in a hallway? Is it me or does that stuff happen in Halo more than other FPS?

senador

Banned
Perhaps you suck as a swordsman, it works really well for me.

...and you must really be a douche. Good for you. I'm glad swinging a Wiimote around in your living room qualifies your for Swordsman-ship.

Yeah, that's a beta screenshot, and they nerfed it for the release build, and it has been nerfed again.

It will still blind the shit out of your if someone gets up close to you, especially in a dark area.

The patch with the nerf hasn't been released yet.

Yeah I didn't think it had been put out. I remembered reading it was ready and saw a noticeably better screenshot, but then haven't heard of it since.

...and you must really be a douche. Good for you. I'm glad swinging a Wiimote around in your living room qualifies your for Swordsman-ship.

Yeah I didn't think it had been put out. I remembered reading it was ready and saw a noticeably better screenshot, but then haven't heard of it since.

You really thought I meant swordsmanship super seriously

You guys know how sometimes in a Halo game if you're jumping over a ledge your own teamate can push you off by just walking into you? Or, sometimes you'll just walk into each other while in a hallway? Is it me or does that stuff happen in Halo more than other FPS?

How many other popular FPS games have comparable amounts of jumping over ledges?

I run into people all the time in Battlefield. There aren't many cliffs to get pushed off of, so it's not as noticeable.

senador

Banned
How many other popular FPS games have comparable amounts of jumping over ledges?

I run into people all the time in Battlefield. There aren't many cliffs to get pushed off of, so it's not as noticeable.

In BF you just get stuck, no movement. I don't remember pushing or being pushed though like Reach. Yeah?

99% likely fake news about the Halo 4 items-

I am not putting too much credit into that at all ( If that info is true, I doubt they are Halo 4 items and most likely toys based on the books ) however, most likely there is some news out there about the toys. Im hoping for the public reveal tomorrow, but it may be a another day or so.

Unrelated, but does anyone have the link to the Halo 4 MC helmet renders that Blue Realm Studios shared? I cant seem to find those pics, and I didnt save them apparently.

I know that feel bro

It's much worse in Reach than it was in Halo 3. Fat Elites notwithstanding.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
99% likely fake news about the Halo 4 items-

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst54637p4_London-toy-fair.aspx

I am not putting too much credit into that at all ( If that info is true, I doubt they are Halo 4 items and most likely toys based on the books ) however, most likely there is some news out there about the toys. Im hoping for the public reveal tomorrow, but it may be a another day or so.

Unrelated, but does anyone have the link to the Halo 4 MC helmet renders that Blue Realm Studios shared? I cant seem to find those pics, and I didnt save them apparently.

Palace of Pain-lies.

Homeboyd

If you had told me yesterday that there wouldn't be any Halo 4 news today.. well I just wouldn't have believed you.

I mean, I thought for sure...

Because... well, typically... I mean look at recent trends.

No way I would've believed you.

FyreWulff

I'm quitting out of every Tempest game from now on. That map is so bad. Gets even better when you always spawn on blue side.

I'm going to start to quit out every time I get a vanilla map in Infection. Since I don't want to get banned though, I'll just stay clear of the list until they get the vanilla maps out. I did it when I got vanilla Boardwalk a couple days ago. Because the definition of fun is humans on top of lightpoles that the zombies can only attack from one direction.

saints row 3 rules

It really dosnt its one of the most hollow games this generation, its fun when you first play it but the story was terrible, the gameplay stale and overall it felt like half a game.

Out of all the games i bought of the October-January game rush (which was pretty much all of them) its the only one im disappointed with to an extent i wish i hadn't bought it. Thankfully i got £10 off so it wasnt too bad but still.

Ramirez

be6369a9-8fed-4536-a3cd-dfbf071409bf.gif

Seriously the best E3 ever.

feel

someone explain that Auschwitz ban in offtopic to me. I know the history of the place and understand why it's a delicate subject but I'm not understanding why that particular comment in response to the the alien+hitler picture was extremely offensive and worthy of such reaction by everyone. Keep in mind English is my third language.

Tomorrow is the day, I can feel it.

for dolls

Yeah sorry for quitting guys. I try not to complain about things like that but that map is just some unplayable crap

I went -21 or something. It was a brave, yet foolish, effort on our part to stay in. They always had rockets, always had the hogs, always had the snipers... Thank christ we spawned with DMRs but you're right, that was pretty bad. They weren't necessarily good at the gunplay, but the simple fact that they had complete map dominance (with those atrocious blue spawns) meant we were screwed.

Yo Xand! Check your pm's!

ZalinKrow

Yeah sorry for quitting guys. I try not to complain about things like that but that map is just some unplayable crap

Don't sweat it, that match was preeetty bad. I'm just fairly stubborn when it comes to quitting out, I try not to. I managed to only go -8, so I was happy enough with that heh.

Anybody else dislike Zealot in general?

*raises hand* I'm not much of a fan, at all really. It's not even that I think it's a bad map or anything, I just play bad on there all the time. Can't get anything going on that map, never know how to approach it :p

Booshka

Don't sweat it, that match was preeetty bad. I'm just fairly stubborn when it comes to quitting out, I try not to. I managed to only go -8, so I was happy enough with that heh.

*raises hand* I'm not much of a fan, at all really. It's not even that I think it's a bad map or anything, I just play bad on there all the time. Can't get anything going on that map, never know how to approach it :p

I actually like Zealot, and the way to approach it is to control top gold, great sightlines and better defense from nade spam. I always try to emphasize gold control when I play with GAF, see far too many of you getting in the shit that is hologram's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom