• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

The way that jungle and weapon looks just screams Crysis the second you look at it. But it still looks pretty cool with the hud.

GhaleonEB

Things from this list:

Gauss Hogs (except on maps with FW objects)
Rocket Hogs
Lasers
Falcons
Banshees
Scorpions
Falcons
Banshees
Rocket Launchers

applied to large maps. With the added cover to account for these and all on fast respawns, with DMR start / AR secondary.

Just put the shipping version of Paradiso in and call it a day. Most Heavies maps will degenerate into the same, quickly.

FyreWulff

I'd like it to be knocked down to 2 split. But it's not looking likely at this point, especially when they're still catering to the sploiters by leaving the vanilla maps in. In the next Halo game they should make it automatically change the map selection depending on if a splitscreen box is present.

Like say, map selection is

Beaver Creek (1,2,3,4)
Reflection (1,2,3,4)
Spire (1,2,3)
Boneyard(1,2)
Penance (1,2)
SuperBudgetCommMap (1)

if everyone in the game is a single box, all the maps are available. If a 2 man box is in the group, SuperBudgetCommMap gets dropped from the selection. If there's a 4 split box, only Beaver Creek or Reflection would be chosen. That way you can load up a playlist with whatever maps you want and you let the system prevent framerate issues.

What the fuck is going on with Halo recently? Every fucking game is laggy as hell.

Like complete red bar and it doesnt change host it just lets you get shit on while you rubberband all game.

wwm0nkey

What the fuck is going on with Halo recently? Every fucking game is laggy as hell.

Like complete red bar and it doesnt change host it just lets you get shit on while you rubberband all game.

Game is P2P so better question is what the fuck is going on with peoples internet recently.

Myyke

Neo Member
I'm really starting to enjoy the TU settings now that I've adapted my use of melee, the bloom reduction has also made me use the DMR much more successfully for 5HK's.

I have to say though, if I was a new player coming to the game I would find it somewhat confusing that there is a difference between the basic characteristics of Campaign, Vanilla, TU and Anniversary. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that Halo has become versatile enough to accommodate such variation, but there could be more information in-game explaining the differences in settings. The Arena has a "Press X for Playlist Information" button which gives a brief description and directs the player to halo.xbox.com for more, I always thought this would be useful on the other playlists to give the player a better idea of what settings are involved. I hope 343 would consider something like an individual landing page for each playlist in Halo 4, something that could contain information on playlist settings and updates, etc. I know most of this is available for Reach on Waypoint/B.Net but surely it wouldn't hurt to have it in-game?

-------

On the subject of Halo toyz, I've been looking at some of re:creation's other stuff. Frankie, get them to make one of these in Mongoose-Green and I'll buy five!

EDIT: Ahh, nevermind, I see re:creation are just the distributor over here for what is actually made by Jada Toys. My dreams of cruising around on a tiny electric Mongoose go unfulfilled!

I'm really starting to enjoy the TU settings now that I've adapted my use of melee

rteZP.gif

Bungie didn't realize the space section of Zealot would be exploited. They seriously thought a low-grav, no kill timer, limited entrance, impossible to shoot from below space portion of a multiplayer map wouldn't be a problem.

Reach is hilarious.
Lawlzealot.jpg

The first few weeks and months of reach were dark days. Anyone remember camo in doubles arena when you were playing Pinnacle?

Happy Homeboyd? (click to make bigger)
My goodness, I want that to be real. Almost looks like Crysis.

You are talking Microsoft while I was talking 343. I agree with you on MS that they should give Halo much more attention than they do, but at the same time they need to let the studio do what it needs to do and getting in the way might cause problems. I doubt MS wanted them to do an update or even care so they did that to try to appease fans and they did it with what resources they had.

Going forward I hope 343 has and will put plenty of people on maintenance teams for things like this and that MS will support them with time and funding.

I think they might've seeing as the Anniversary gametypes were a selling point of the MS published H:CEA, gametypes which were included to assuage the inevitable forum fury that there was no original multiplayer remade.

I called this a week ago.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34336153&postcount=19907

Could 343 have changed the way host is selected in response to complaints about the frequent black screens?

Game is P2P so better question is what the fuck is going on with peoples internet recently.

The game used to switch host up to 5 times a game in order to get the right one. Now it picks host and sticks with it.

I called this a week ago.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34336153&postcount=19907

Could 343 have changed the way host is selected in response to complaints about the frequent black screens?

The game used to switch host up to 5 times a game in order to get the right one. Now it picks host and sticks with it.

I've had even more black screens as of late, but I have been pulling host which I never did before. I feel like they just reset the host record every once and a while.

feel

itunes and PSN cards get discounted all the time

From what I've experienced discounts in those cards with the real money value printed in huge characters are nowhere near as big as the ones displaying MS/Nintendo points. Awful rumour better not be true.

Karl2177

You know you have a great PR department and marketing team when people are creating fake screenshots of your announced(but not revealed) game...

Gui_PT

I've been getting this since Christmas.
Doesn't change host at all, just stays like that the whole match. FUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom