• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyReN

nMmAm.gif

Trey

I think if we try hard enough we can just pretend this is pre-Halo 3 days and we can all redo the ARGs and we can designate someone to release the announcements every couple days.

If we try hard enough we can pretend that Halo 3 is about to launch.

If we try hard enough...we can survive.

The ARGs were fun. Bungie forums were a different kind of madness, then.

AFAIK Re:Creation are only doing H4 stuff so..

vN8NL.png

I still believe.
Old Dog, new tricks
Lead a horse to water, etc

Tie up with Jada Toys will see die-cast vehicle line hit retail in autumn 2012.

Re:creation has partnered with US company Jada Toys to launch a new range of die-cast vehicles based on the Halo video games franchise.

The line - which includes vehicles and characters - will range in price from £12.99 up to £59.99 and will hit shelves in autumn 2012.

"Halo is a legendary game franchise and its popularity is already evident in the UK and Ireland," commented Seth Bishop, Re:creation director. "Our accurately detailed range is highly complementary to the Halo product already in the market and completes the product story for consumers in toy, gaming and collector markets."

Bill Simons, SVP global sales at Jada Toys, added: "Having recently applied our long experience in the die-cast market to the Halo universe, we are excited to appoint Re:creation as our distribution partner in the UK and Ireland. We are confident their innovative style will bring further success to the Halo line."
http://www.toynews-online.biz/news/35128/Recreation-strengthens-portfolio-with-Halo

Can't find any stuff about "only Halo 4 license".

But now you guys got your Halo 4 toy reveal destroyed. And my travel agent will destroy my PAX east plans in a few minutes. SOunds like a fair deal for today?
*hugs* Hope it works out for you.

Which was a few days from now, London's Toy Fair. He replied to a post about 343's approach on vehicles and design for Halo 4.
I actually thought Frankie was talking -weeks- in what he said. That's how I understood it.
It was the articles that had me convinced we'd see the 3 figures today.

So a few more weeks to wait... maybe they're going for the whole "Half a year without any news" thing.

Is this the new marketing technique they were talking about in the podcasts?

Is this the new marketing technique they were talking about in the podcasts?
Heh, not exactly. They are following the increasing popular - let's pull back the curtain a lot later than normal - strategy.

The implication that E3 will be the real unveiling feels more & more likely.
It's a big change, because we've normally played the game by that point, never mind getting an in-game unveiling.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Heh, not exactly. They are following the increasing popular - let's pull back the curtain a lot later than normal - strategy.

It's a big change, because we've normally played the game by that point, never mind getting an in-game unveiling.

If this is how it transpires I'll be unhappy. The general public, and the source of the majority of sales, doesn't pay attention until the marketing machine is hitting it's stride. The longer the reveal is held off (and then details are keep after the reveal) the more it only affects the hardcore fans as they are the only ones paying attention to every crumb that falls off the plate.

We know Halo 4 is ready to be shown at this point. If this was any other Halo game we'd have seen it by now.

What we really need is a countdown clock website.

At the end of the countdown we get a trailer, which is mostly text and old concept art but gives us a URL.

The URL takes you to a site where you can register for a contest.

The handful of winners receive a DVD in the mail. It's a viral video - disturbing footage of Halo action figures being assembled by machines and then mangled.

Your phone rings and you hear a voice whisper: "Toys."

Seven days later you drop dead.

...wait, what was I talking about?

It better not be. That is a very, very poor way to treat the Halo fanbase. I've had enough of stringing fans along with Valve and EP3/HL3.

If this is how it transpires I'll be unhappy. The general public, and the source of the majority of sales, doesn't pay attention until the marketing machine is hitting it's stride. The longer the reveal is held off (and then details are keep after the reveal) the more it only affects the hardcore fans as they are the only ones paying attention to every crumb that falls off the plate.

We know Halo 4 is ready to be shown at this point. If this was any other Halo game we'd have seen it by now.

this begs the question, why? They are waiting so long ... either things are not going as planned or this game os going to blow our minds 20 times over.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
this begs the question, why? They are waiting so long ... either things are not going as planned or this game os going to blow our minds 20 times over.
Obviously, US healthcare needs to improve before the Halo 4 reveal. 343i are very humanitarian, I like that.

I'm sure we'll get stuff before then, something small in February, something substantial in April/Early May, proper "consumation" at E3.
All while getting more of the Holmes/Team blogs & hints from bsangel.

This is me, throwing darts at a wall, then where they'll land.

The longer the wait, the more likely we'll get our first look at Halo 4 via some dude with a phone camera.
Well if Boston doesn't work out for Hyper he could always go to Seattle...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel like we could make a whole new HaloGAF cycle image based on the last few months alone.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I wonder if 343 has a closet full of dead camera phone spies...

Remember the Spanish Microsoft employee tweeting about a Halo 4 video that Frankie/David didn't know much about?

Some 12 year old's going to see a new Halo 4 video in his mommie's workplace and beat whatever multi-million dollar PR plan to the punch.

All this outrage at no toys news is hilarious, fuck we're desperate.

True. =/

Falagard

Remember the Spanish Microsoft employee tweeting about a Halo 4 video that Frankie/David didn't know much about?

Some 12 year old's going to see a new Halo 4 video in his mommie's workplace and beat whatever multi-million dollar PR plan to the punch.

Exactly. Or Tom Morello.

Well if Boston doesn't work out for Hyper he could always go to Seattle...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel like we could make a whole new HaloGAF cycle image based on the last few months alone.
If Frankie send me PM "hey you can pick up your hoodie at the 343i studio", the flight will be booked automatically.

About PAX east: Yep. Dream crushed. I wanted to book my flight next week for ~$600. Yesterday I found out that the flights cost about ~$800. Yep. $200 more over a weekend. It sucks. Together with a hotel room for 4 nights, the whole trip would cost ~$1300. Money I can't bring up without using my savings.(which I don't really want to use because I start studying next year.)

Trey

If Frankie send me PM "hey you can pick up your hoodie at the 343i studio", the flight will be booked automatically.

About PAX east: Yep. Dream crushed. I wanted to book my flight next week for ~$600. Yesterday I found out that the flights cost about ~$800. Yep. $200 more over a weekend. It sucks. Together with a hotel room for 4 nights, the whole trip would cost ~$1300. Money I can't bring up without using my savings.(which I don't really want to use because I start studying next year.)

/prioritycheck

I think this sums up the group perfectly right now haha.

I know no one wants to hear this, but I think that 343 feels that they don't need to market a game so far before release. Seems they want to blitz the game on people in the last few months before release, or they're pulling a Valve.

I think this seems up the group perfectly right now haha.

I know no one wants to hear this, but I think that 343 feels that they don't need to market a game so far before release. Seems they want to blitz the game on people in the last few months before release, or they're pulling a Valve.

WillSmith_WHAAA.gif

If they can match the quality & post game support of Valve - then go right ahead, I'd be fully supportive i.e. if this staying quiet actually benefits the game, then hell yes. Difficult to measure, but that's a side point.

Yeah agreed. I'd like to see the game as much as the next guy, but if the game is fucking awesome, I'm not going to care that they didn't show it for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom