• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah agreed. I'd like to see the game as much as the next guy, but if the game is fucking awesome, I'm not going to care that they didn't show it for so long.
It's extra damning of course, if the game doesn't match up.
"They chose not to show it, they knew and had no confidence in it" etc etc.

But it'll be great, all will be well (
Or else!
), I'm happy to believe in 343, for now.

Agreed! Not sure why anyone would want to. That would set an odd first impression for whatever new was shown. Think about it, it just wouldn't be right.
That argument can be extended to CG trailers or even trailers in general, so eh.

This might cheer some of you up, Helljumper apparently debuts tomorrow.

404476_210976035663783_104800049614716_421591_1290832827_n.jpg

This makes me sad. Im pretty sure all this expectations and let downs are just part of some twisted viral marketing campaign. =P

=(

Hard to say, but I got this reply from Jada Toys-

"Jada is preparing the Halo series products including the new Halo 4. However, we cannot disclose to the public before we got final approval from Microsoft on products."

So they may not actually have the Halo items for public reveal at the London toy fair, but it seem that they are there. Frankie implied we had something coming, so I hope we see something within the next few days.

Looks a lot better than Faith, Ill say that. Visually looks like it could be a fun thing to watch, so Im kinda excited to see how they handle it. Did we ever find out why exactly Faith was shut down while others remained?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Just checked the Waypoint forums to see if there's any reaction to the Toyfair stuff.

If this isn't the biggest trolling a dev has ever pulled... I don't know what is...

It is the VGA's all over again.

This is getting stupid now, stop playing as 343, the community deserves better. Without us, you wouldn't be in your jobs so please don't treat us like morons. An official line with clear communication would have been nice.

Another great move from 343.

No need for silly games. If their isn't going to be news to tell us just go away 343. Stop poking your head out from behind that curtain and just stay hidden. You're all giving us false hope.

I, like a lot of other people, plan on PAYING for the game, over $100 in my case, so yeah, WE ARE entitled to information.

We're paying for the game, we deserve AT LEAST a damn screenshot.

Way to go 343, thank god Bungie never trolled me like this, I would hate them lol.

Entitled?
KuGsj.gif

feel

Yeah I think there will be a toy picture or two in the weekly update later, that's what Frankie was hinting at.

wwm0nkey

The community is reaching a boiling point now, the anger of entitled internet consumers.

Though to be fair we have gone awhile without any info

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The community is incepting itself with ideas that there would Halo news at toy events. They've gone derper.

I think we need to make more fakes to pass time =P

I wont even be mad if they show off the new toys and we get nothing new info wise from them, Im kinda excited about a die-cast warthog. But, I wouldn't mind something new.

Woah so much tension over seeing toy's. Why? Its not like seeing toys is going to give us an insight into the gameplay. It might give a subtle hint of the art direction but I cant believe people are getting all worked up over not seeing them. I would be more worked up if there was the chance for a gameplay trailer that wasnt coming through. Images of a Halo toy wouldn't reveal enough to get that hyped up over, would they?

OMG guys, in two days there is a Bridal Show at the Raleigh Convention Center.

Remember that old Waypoint news item where the guy proposes in Spartan armor? Obviously it was preparing us for this.

Confirmed: Halo 4 themed wedding cake toppers will definitely 100% be revealed in two sleeps!

I'm sure we can interpret one of Frankie's posts as support for this theory fact.

All aboard the hype train! Woo-WOOO

What does an ad at the Super Bowl cost? 3.5 mil? Chump change I say! MSFT has that laying around in their couch cushions. There's probably that much money left over in the Clippy slush fund.

Woah so much tension over seeing toy's. Why? Its not like seeing toys is going to give us an insight into the gameplay. It might give a subtle hint of the art direction but I cant believe people are getting all worked up over not seeing them. I would be more worked up if there was the chance for a gameplay trailer that wasnt coming through. Images of a Halo toy wouldn't reveal enough to get that hyped up over, would they?

The Doctor Who season 7 toys were HYPE! A personal TARDIS? I'm all over that shit.

Avengers? A giant Hellicarier! I'm all over that too!

Halo 4... where are the goods!?

Hey You

The community is reaching a boiling point now, the anger of entitled internet consumers.

Though to be fair we have gone awhile without any info

Yeah, it is a little annoying. Not to enough to be raging about, but disappointing. We got atleast the Opening Cutscene at the VGA's right?

Hell for all we know, there could be development problems and the next info we get is that Halo 4 is delayed to 2013.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Unless you hear it directly from us at 343 Industries, please take ANY Halo news with a grain of salt. At no point did anyone from our studio make any announcements regarding London Toy Fair.

Trust me, I understand all of your enthusiasm and desire for new information. When we're ready to release info we will be shouting it from the rooftops. We're more excited to show what we've been working on than you can imagine. When the time is right, questions will be answered.

Lank

So what was Frankie hinting about here and HBO about toys if it wasn't related to the Toyfair?

Lank

So what was Frankie hinting about here and HBO about toys if it wasn't related to the Toyfair?
No one is reading my posts? Nobody cares about the LONDON ToyFair. Nobody. If there are new and hot Halo toys, it will be at the International ToyFair.(Feb. 12th-15th) And no, there won't be any Halo 4 either. The first Halo 4 information will be shouted "from the rooftops."

No one is reading my posts? Nobody cares about the LONDON ToyFair. Nobody. If there are new and hot Halo toys, it will be at the International ToyFair.(Feb. 12th-15th) And no, there won't be any Halo 4 either. The first Halo 4 information will be shouted "from the rooftops."

Super Bowl ad followed by Waypoint video releases followed by Toystravaganza on Feb. 12th! The pieces all fit! Get hyped!

/overexuberance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom