• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

Yeah, it is a little annoying. Not to enough to be raging about, but disappointing. We got atleast the Opening Cutscene at the VGA's right?

Hell for all we know, there could be development problems and the next info we get is that Halo 4 is delayed to 2013.

This wouldn't surprise me in the least.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still -- yes, still -- holding out hope for Halo 4 on the Xbox 720 this year. I would spanuuuund all over the place.

I know it's a complete fantasy at this point, but whatever, lack of solid info has me delirious.

Im still confused, we should of got at least pics of halo's flying vehicles and the warthog from ToyFair London right? at least, honestly didnt expect character reveals just something .. anything.

Frankie before the bulletin goes up snap a pic of level 3 and accidentally on purpose add it to Jessica's final draft.

Im still confused, we should of got at least pics of halo's flying vehicles and the warthog from ToyFair London right? at least, honestly didnt expect character reveals just something .. anything.

Frankie before the bulletin goes up snap a pic of level 3 and accidentally on purpose add it to Jessica's final draft.

In cases like this, I find that expecting the worst is the correct course of action.

senador

Banned
I'm still -- yes, still -- holding out hope for Halo 4 on the Xbox 720 this year. I would spanuuuund all over the place.

I know it's a complete fantasy at this point, but whatever, lack of solid info has me delirious.

Its still a valid possibility in my mind... The perfect launch title. Yeah, they deny it but...duh. With rumors of NextBox building and building I could very much see this happening. 1 thing holds it back though and its that its been in development for a while now with tech that's been built for the 360's hardware (as far as we know and with evidence about the custom engine).

I can't see it happening. Microsoft doesn't headhunt and build a AAA development studio for them to miss their original release window.

Why not? As a group the studio hasn't ever pushed out its own game. I see it as a real possibility.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Its still a valid possibility in my mind... The perfect launch title. Yeah, they deny it but...duh. With rumors of NextBox building and building I could very much see this happening. 1 thing holds it back though and its that its been in development for a while now with tech that's been built for the 360's hardware.
I think it's a very thin possibility, but I want to see it happen so bad that I'm holding on to that small margin of hope, heh. I mean, I'll be just as happy to have it on the 360, but seeing MC return on a shiny new system would be pretty dope.

Its still a valid possibility in my mind... The perfect launch title. Yeah, they deny it but...duh. With rumors of NextBox building and building I could very much see this happening. 1 thing holds it back though and its that its been in development for a while now with tech that's been built for the 360's hardware (as far as we know and with evidence about the custom engine).

Why not? As a group the studio hasn't ever pushed out its own game. I see it as a real possibility.

Why would you want to launch your largest franchise as a launch title when you have a massive install base for your console right now? The game will sell so much better on the 360, than as a launch title.

All jokes about Halo 4 not being real aside, I see no realistic situation where the game doesn't come out this holiday season.

senador

Banned
I think it's a very thin possibility, but I want to see it happen so bad that I'm holding on to that small margin of hope, heh. I mean, I'll be just as happy to have it on the 360, but seeing MC return on a shiny new system would be pretty dope.

I still expect it to ship the end of this year, but I also won't be surprised if that changes along the way. One thing I think about is when Halo 4 ships the end of this year, then a new platform sometime within the following year, we'll all suddenly be playing a last-gen game and it may feel outdated rather quickly. That may not be the case though because playing Halo 2 on 360 was more awesome and felt fine and it'd only be another year or so after that til Halo 5. So yeah, I dunno.

Why would you want to launch your largest franchise as a launch title when you have a massive install base for your console right now? The game will sell so much better on the 360, than as a launch title.

All jokes about Halo 4 not being real aside, I see no realistic situation where the game doesn't come out this holiday season.

To have a big launch title and promote the purchasing of the new console? Both ways seem logical to me, though yours is way more logical. Again, I don't expect it as a launch title, its just a small valid possibility for me. In my mind it doesn't seem that farfetched.

Either way, I hope the NextBox has some good launch titles this time around. Too many consoles have launched with shit for games.

Yeah, but isn't the current rumor a Fall 2013 launch for the Super Entertainment Xbox 720™? That's a pretty hefty delay from Holiday 2012.

Launch the S.E.Xbox 720™ in Fall 2013.
November 2013 - Halo 2: Delta (Built in the Halo 4 engine. Nine-year anniversary, lol.)
Spring 2015- Halo 5

I still expect it to ship the end of this year, but I also won't be surprised if that changes along the way. One thing I think about is when Halo 4 ships the end of this year, then a new platform sometime within the following year, we'll all suddenly be playing a last-gen game and it may feel outdated rather quickly. That may not be the case though because playing Halo 2 on 360 was more awesome and felt fine and it'd only be another year or so after that til Halo 5. So yeah, I dunno.

Yeah, it'll be the same situation as Halo 2, which should no be an issue at all, and I'm assuming that the next Xbox will be much more backwards compatible in not only playing software, but how Xbox Live works as well, so playing Halo 4 in your Nextbox will not be an issue at all.

To have a big launch title and promote the purchasing of the new console? Both ways seem logical to me, though yours is way more logical. Again, I don't expect it as a launch title, its just a small valid possibility for me. In my mind it doesn't seem that farfetched.

Either way, I hope the NextBox has some good launch titles this time around. To many consoles have launched with shit for games.

Yeah you're right, but releasing the game at the end of the generation has to be so much more profitable, as it will sell way more units and Microsoft makes much more money off the software than they do the hardware, especially at the beginning of the console's generation.

It has also been directly confirmed multiple times that Halo 4 is coming for the 360.

that is the last thing i want i don't want to wait more than a year for a new halo

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but isn't the current rumor a Fall 2013 launch for the Super Entertainment Xbox 720™? That's a pretty hefty delay from Holiday 2012.

that is the last thing i want i don't want to wait more than a year for a new halo
Yeah, I'm just saying I'm holding out for a surprise launch of the Super Entertainment Ultra Xbox Sixty420 this winter, with Halo 4 being it's major launch title. This is baseless pie-in-the-sky fantasizing, and not serious speculation.

That may not be the case though because playing Halo 2 on 360 was more awesome and felt fine
Yeah, this is the (much much much) more likely scenario. And yeah, I'll be okay with it. Playing Halo 2 on the 360 a year after H2 launched made me feel only minorly butt hurt.

Yeah, I'm just saying I'm holding out for a surprise launch of the Super Entertainment Ultra Xbox Sixty420 this winter, with Halo 4 being it's major launch title. This is baseless pie-in-the-sky fantasizing, and not serious speculation.

I know but this wait for any info is making me really jumpy and paranoid about halo 4

3cd8a33a.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/126/314/3cd8a33a.png?1306264975
Wow, another A++ post from a junior. GTFO.

jk, you're cool.

I totally agree, though. This batch of juniors (with some exceptions) are pretty annoying.

Lank

So what was Frankie hinting about here and HBO about toys if it wasn't related to the Toyfair?
Yeah, thats what Im wondering, haha.

No one is reading my posts? Nobody cares about the LONDON ToyFair. Nobody. If there are new and hot Halo toys, it will be at the International ToyFair.(Feb. 12th-15th) And no, there won't be any Halo 4 either. The first Halo 4 information will be shouted "from the rooftops."
Well fact is, Re:creation Toys is at London Toy Fair and are showing Halo 4 die-cast vehicles..Though the lack of pictures means its probably in a no photo area. None the less, Frankie hinted at something.. Maybe he just meant the confirmation of Halo 4 dies-cast vehicles?

Yeah last batch was alright, this one blows though

I hear that, we got some overdoz1z noob now or something who the hell is he..

I stay clear of Gaming Side pretty much entirely apart from news, trying to discuss anything halo related with that much attention from scrubs and haters is just a recipe for disaster

Tunavi

Banned
Guys, look at this post. Guys. For realz.
This batch of juniors is turning out really stupid. The ones in here are alright though.
I'm not saying I agree with him, but he has a point, but the context of his point would work better after Halo 2.

What if the Halo franchise stopped after Halo 2? People would always remember Halo as the most legendary two games ever. It's why we basically worship people like Kurt Cobain and Jimi Hendrix. They died in their prime, so they are remembered as their prime.

Now when everyone thinks of Bungie, they think of armor lock, when they could have been remembered for creating matchmaking, console FPS, etc.

Yeah, thats what Im wondering, haha.

Well fact is, Re:creation Toys is at London Toy Fair and are showing Halo 4 die-cast vehicles..Though the lack of pictures means its probably in a no photo area. None the less, Frankie hinted at something.. Maybe he just meant the confirmation of Halo 4 dies-cast vehicles?
Did they really say that they are going to show Halo 4 stuff? Because the onl source is MVC. Can't find any others.

Edit.:
Tunavi I'm going to kick you from the SMB leaderboards.

TheOddOne

Iron Brigade DLC has a funny little Halo easter egg:

98b34ca7bb60b5896e860c1a2d51fb75c299a040.png

Brad Muir: "Our tribute to the Halo BR" @ 18:46

I'm not saying I agree with him, but he has a point, but the context of his point would work better after Halo 2.

What if the Halo franchise stopped after Halo 2? People would always remember Halo as the most legendary two games ever. It's why we basically worship people like Kurt Cobain and Jimi Hendrix. They died in their prime, so they are remembered as their prime.

Now when everyone thinks of Bungie, they think of armor lock, when they could have been remembered for creating matchmaking, console FPS, etc.
As much as people bag on Bungie, they still can be credited for creating such a massive franchise. All the advancements are nothing to mock at.

No they don't.

This batch of Tunavis really suck.

Don't drag the rest of us down just because of Tunavi!

Something actually about Halo: Just fired up Reach for the first time in a long time. Went into the dreaded Living Dead to see some of the cool zombie versions of the maps. People vote Sword Base. Instant quit. Never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom