• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this framed and hung up in my room last night.
2012-01-25_22-10-18_682.jpg

Props to Hypertropper for linking the poster. It is rad.

That is so cool!

We should have Halo 4 news before April I think-

"Hi Chris,

By end of April, we will have more info releasing. Halo products will be available in mid-August in major retailers.

Thanks!"

(The email is from Jada Toys about the Halo 4 products they are releasing with Re:creation toys. I had asked when we could expect more information such as images, products and prices.)

So...well... It may still be a little while, but we have something to look forward to now, whatever it may be.

Karl2177

Is there a download link for the concept art trailer music? I would just rip it from the video file, but I'd like a full quality one.

I'm just gonna set my hype meter at 0, not a fan of the silence. :|

That's usually a good idea when it comes to any sort of product. I'm not worried about the progress on the game since they've been working on it for 5ish years and they were able to make Anniversary in 2, but until I see something new I'm going to focus my Halo brain elsewhere. Reach isn't going to bitch about itself.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Is matchmaking not working for anyone else?

I'm getting "The Halo: Reach server is unavailable at this time. Please try again later."

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It took a little longer than anticipated, but the maintenance is progressing. No eta on completion just yet. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer.

Thanks. Looks like it's up now. Was playing customs and people's symbols and service tags were coming back in the middle of the game. Pretty cool lol

Take your time.

Easy to say when you don't play the game lol

We should have Halo 4 news before April I think-

(The email is from Jada Toys about the Halo 4 products they are releasing with Re:creation toys. I had asked when we could expect more information such as images, products and prices.)

So...well... It may still be a little while, but we have something to look forward to now, whatever it may be.

Please don't let it be that long...

April news, probably no beta then.

Not necessarily. They could have a blowout next week and still not show the toys til April. We just know, that by April, we should have some more information. How much and when is anybodies guess.

But yeah, it still sucks because I want something to look at now.

wwm0nkey

Not necessarily. They could have a blowout next week and still not show the toys til April. We just know, that by April, we should have some more information. How much and when is anybodies guess.

But yeah, it still sucks because I want something to look at now.

Telling you guys we will see something in February or March.

senador

Banned
3DS is keeping me happily occupied until Halo 4. No complaints here.

Mine's been sitting. :( I need to use it more. After the ambassador games and new releases I suddenly really like it. Do I have more drawings waiting for me?

I only wanted Halo 4 news because we got a peek last year with nothing since. I'd rather have not had that. I'm glad its not coming out til end of year, I have too many games to play still. Forza, Gears 3 still, Mass Effect replays then Mass Effect 3, Dead Space replays, etc.

ya-rly001.jpg

In my opinion the gameplay mechanics in the beta were better than the vanilla game. I think the thing that bothers me the most is Sword Base. They were given plenty of feedback on how terrible the flow of the map was and all they did is move some weapons and dirty the place up.

ya-rly001.jpg

In my opinion the gameplay mechanics in the beta were better than the vanilla game. I think the thing that bothers me the most is Sword Base. They were given plenty of feedback on how terrible the flow of the map was and all they did is move some weapons and dirty the place up.
Okay. I thought you talked that it harmed the sales etc.

Okay. I thought you talked that it harmed the sales etc.

Oh my bad. I now see how i didn't clarify that :/

Gears of War 3 had the best beta testing I've seen, they literally changed maps and weapons for the better.
This.

Epic did a fantastic job with their beta and listening to their community while working on their game. How can we give feedback to 343 when we don't even know anything about Halo 4 at this point?

Didn't do much good for reach.
Disagree.

Halo 2 didn't have a beta. You know people call it the best Halo MP. :p
How many console betas were there at that time? It seems like most multiplayer games have betas these days (especially ones with an established fan base), so not having one just sends up a red flag for me.

Think about how fucking terrible the vehicles were in the beta, how prolonged Armor Lock/how big the EMP burst was, the shallow clip of the DMR, the stupidly quick double-melee, etc. Reach's multiplayer would have been that much more undesirable without a beta.

Gears of War 3 had the best beta testing I've seen, they literally changed maps and weapons for the better.
absolutely. 343 take note.

Completely agree, and if 343 has a beta with Halo 4 I hope it is handled like this.

In a way though, I almost dont want a beta, but would be excited if one was announced anyways.

senador

Banned
Yeah the Halo Waypoint forums where freaking about about it because they thought it was going to come out in Christmas but where happy that they recently said Fall.

Source, and who is "they"? I know you mean well but you go off rumors and non-official stuffs too much. ;)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the Halo Waypoint forums where freaking about about it because they thought it was going to come out in Christmas but where happy that they recently said Fall.
I don't want to sound like a skeptical jack ass, but can you provide a link? Pretty damn awesome if true, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Serious business and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom