• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop viewing that garbage.

You are all losing.

2BAF7ADE-5693-4C30-80F3-8BB49973186A.png

Some_fat_kid.JPG

Don't consider Suddoth "affiliated" with anything MLG besides attending events. He's highly disliked, steals other people work and uses it for his own, etc.
HEY GUYS! DID YOU FORGET THE EARLY REACH COPY HE GOT? lol.

A update of Helljumper:
So guys, we've been working very hard all night to ready the first episode for today's release. We just want to shout out to everyone who was involved in the Helljumper project over the course of the last five months. It's been a tremendous pleasure working with all of them and we couldn't have completed this without their help.

Sorry for keeping some of you guys up without notice!

As of now, we are planning to upload the episode on January 26th, 2012 at 2PM PST / 5PM EST.

Myyke

Neo Member
5yiep.jpg

Any suggestions for what to do with 30-ish copies of Italian Halo PC? I've already given out all of the serial codes and throwing the boxes out just, doesn't feel right.

I've built a tower out of them, attempted to play Jenga with them, Elzar suggested I take a handful with me each time I go out to a restaurant to tip the staff. I'm considering doing something like this to them if I can find the time and resources, might be a nice "collectable" piece for some people?

5yiep.jpg

Any suggestions for what to do with 30-ish copies of Italian Halo PC? I've already given out all of the serial codes and throwing the boxes out just, doesn't feel right.

I've built a tower out of them, attempted to play Jenga with them, Elzar suggested I take a handful with me each time I go out to a restaurant to tip the staff. I'm considering doing something like this to them if I can find the time and resources, might be a nice "collectable" piece for some people?

Host a LAN of course.

Myyke

Neo Member
Why do you have so many?

Local independent game shop owner who I'm friends with bought a big box of them, he wasn't aware they were Italian copies and the offer I gave him to take them off his hands was better than the hassle of trying to get them sent back.

Recycle them.

Should have perhaps specified that this is where they would go if I "threw them out".

Host a LAN of course.

Would be very cool, but I'm not going to use the keys again as I don't think it would be fair on the people I gave them out to.

Myyke

Neo Member
The only problem with sharing keys is if someone gets banned from a server that the other person would play in.

True and I know that such an occurrence would be extremely rare, but from my perspective the keys don't belong to me anymore, so using them again is not my decision to make.

Anyone knows of an article where Reach's spawning is explained? I'm talking abput these infamous spawn and anti-spawn zones.
The only one I know of is here, by JonnyOThan. You might already know about it, but it's the only one that kind of explains it. Shishka was supposed to do a writeup, but that never happened. Here is the spawn zone part:

Respawn Influencers
There are 3 kinds of Respawn Influencers that you can place in Forge: Respawn Zone, Weak Respawn Zone, and Anti Respawn Zone. All Respawn Influencers only affect the team that they belong to, or all teams if they belong to the neutral team.

Other factors in-game may create temporary influencers that you have no control over. For example, an ally player near a spawn point creates a weak positive influence, and an enemy player creates a medium negative influence. This is not the full list of things that create spawning influence.

A Respawn Zone is so powerful that it will always force players from that team to spawn at points inside of it. A Weak Respawn Zone is about as powerful as a nearby ally, and an Anti Respawn zone is equal in strength to the Weak Respawn Zone but in the negative direction. Stacking multiple Weak and Anti Zones on top of each other has no effect, unless there is a (strong) Respawn Zone covering the area as well.

All types of respawn influencers only affect the team that owns them (or all teams/players if they belong to neutral).

Non-neutral influencers do not affect FFA spawning, except in FFA gametypes with fake teams like Infection and Juggernaut. In Infection, humans are Red Team and zombies are Blue Team. In Juggernaut, the juggernaut is blue team and everyone else is red team.

Overlapping Zones
Using only Weak and Anti zones together can never have an effect greater than one single Weak or Anti zone. They DO cancel each other out though.

Weak + Anti = 0
Weak + Weak = Weak
Anti + Anti = Anti

UNLESS...
there is already a strong zone in the same area. Then they combine as you would expect:

Strong + Weak > Strong
Strong + Weak + Weak > Strong + Weak
Strong + Anti < Strong
Strong + Anti + Anti < Strong + Anti

And finally, two strong zones don't ever combine.

Gui_PT

5yiep.jpg

Send them my way. I'd love to have one copy.
GIVE ME EVERYTHING

Overdoziz

Banned
5yiep.jpg

Give me a copy, I already have the key code. ;)

heckfu

Banned
We gotta quit posting that picture. It makes me impossible for me to look at GAF at work and it not look like I'm looking at a website full of picture of the same shirtless kid.

edit: even though this article uses Kotaku as a source (see: lolololol), this is pretty shocking.

Falagard

For me, please don't post in here until there's news about Halo 4.

That way I can just check when the thread gets updated.

Thanks.

The latency in MW3 is SO bad, and the maps are even worse than Reach's, it's amazing to me what mediocrity people will openly accept as the best thing ever. Not to mention everything good about BLOPs is absent in MW3. I want Halo 4 to have stuff like Gun Game, Sharpshooter, One in the Chamber, & Sticks & Stones, seriously some of the best modes ever in a modern FPS.

Can't you play those in private match?

I agree that blops is the better game overall.

Karl2177

I didn't even photoshop that. I had it in my random funny/awesome/weird stuff folder. I saw juices' image and knew it was time to upload it. I am tempted to photoshop Frank or Ellis on it and post it on every page until they give us some Halo 4 news...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom