• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

I still associate Mad Catz with those controllers that we had laying around as extras during the N64 era that no one wanted to be stuck with, lol.

CyReN

I still associate Mad Catz with those controllers that we had laying around as extras during the N64 era that no one wanted to be stuck with, lol.

6urb.jpg

rage-comics-childhood-rage.png

FyreWulff

Mad Catz officially licenses their stuff now, so t hey're using official parts and shit. They've greatly improved since the N64 days.

I was all "what" at a 100$ controller, but then i remembered it's still 60$ for a new standard wireless 360 controller :/

wwm0nkey

Mad Catz officially licenses their stuff now, so t hey're using official parts and shit. They've greatly improved since the N64 days.

I was all "what" at a 100$ controller, but then i remembered it's still 60$ for a new standard wireless 360 controller :/

Yeah so really you are just paying $40 more for a much higher quality controller with switchable parts. Still want MadCatz to invest in a Trackball Controller so I dont have to drop $120 on one.

Not really drunk but I just felt like the rude douchebag who's been neglecting his/her pals and just comes in like an asshole when you got a new pad.

goddamn it, now I feel like I'm you too. Sorry HaloGAFbros, we still bromangos, rite? It's been go long I havent had XBL Gold since August 2011 I think.

I shouldn't have woken up at 5:30am(EST) every day for weeks after Reach's launch to get all the "daily challenges" early when they would resset at 6:00am... I didn't think that would have burnt me out so quick because I loved the game as the deepest FPS I'd ever played (moreso than BF3 on PC even).

hell, I havent even turned on my XBOX360 in so long that I've still got the old-NXE update form around "summer 2011"... I Wonder what it all looks like now.

Sadly, SSX is the only new 360 game I'm going to be into enough to turn my 360 back on, and update it to be back online.

Risen

Yeah so really you are just paying $40 more for a much higher quality controller with switchable parts. Still want MadCatz to invest in a Trackball Controller so I dont have to drop $120 on one.

From Amazon you can get a microsoft wired controller for 27.99 w free shipping. That's 3 controllers for the price of one MLG controller by Madcatz.

My schedule has temporarily freed up some time for Halo. I'll see ye on later. Nice new home we gots ourselves. Let's hope Over and Xand can post soon enough to HaloGAF OT 3.

Sai-kun

Banned
Ugh, I hated those. My buddy had one I wanna say was called "shark" something. The sides were shorter than the middle handle, and it was transparent. He always made me use it.

Looked a lot like this:

I HAD A SHARK

shit was awesome. I always wanted to use it >_> It was kinda shitty but I liked how it looked.

senador

Banned
I HAD A SHARK

shit was awesome. I always wanted to use it >_> It was kinda shitty but I liked how it looked.

Ha! I hated everything about it. The stick was weird, buttons odd, it was much fatter than the OG controller. Ugh, so bad! You so weird Sai-Kun.

<3

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There needs to be a trigger warning on that video or something. Feels traumatic, man. :p

But how do you feel about responsiveness? Certainly the form factor of the wireless controller is better, but for performance, the Microsoft wireless controllers feel so much less responsive than the Microsoft wired controllers.
I've never really noticed a difference. As is, I'd rather have one less wire than an imperceptible (to me) change in responsiveness.

I hate the wired controllers because they are too light. I need some weight in my hands.

Also, the new controller model, with the transforming dpad also has much better control sticks than the old models.

senador

Banned
I hate the wired controllers because they are too light. I need some weight in my hands.

Also, the new controller model, with the transforming dpad also has much better control sticks than the old models.

Hell yeah it does. I love it for this reason alone. The D-pad is nice, but still isn't that great.

I like it much better. It still has some heft to it. I've even taken the rumble packs out of mine. So good.

Havok

I'd be down for about an hour or so. Post here if one gets up and running!

Edit : On the topic of accessories, I've been thinking about getting this Turtle Beach headset. It's (relatively) cheap. Is it worth it?
That's about what I paid for my Turtle Beach X11's and I've been extremely satisfied with them. No idea how the mic sounds to other people, someone from here will have to tell you how I've sounded, but they've been good on my end. They don't isolate noise very well, so other people in the room will be able to hear stuff, but whatever, forget those guys.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That's about what I paid for my Turtle Beach X11's and I've been extremely satisfied with them. No idea how the mic sounds to other people, someone from here will have to tell you how I've sounded, but they've been good on my end. They don't isolate noise very well, so other people in the room will be able to hear stuff, but whatever, forget those guys.
Rad, thanks.

I've heard Turtle Beach warranty/customer service is really great. Is that right? I seem to remember folks talking about it here a few OTs ago, haha. I'm sick of headsets and headphones that break after six months.

Havok

Rad, thanks.

I've heard Turtle Beach warranty/customer service is really great. Is that right? I seem to remember folks talking about it here a few OTs ago, haha. I'm sick of headsets and headphones that break after six months.
No idea! I haven't had any issues with them, they've been pretty sturdy so far. I've had them for about a year.

heckfu

Banned
I just came across my Junior Survey from when I got approved where I said jetpack was my favorite armor ability.

I should be banned.

If anyone's curious, I got my Xbox Live account back today, points restored, etc.

Very quick turnaround by MS, pretty happy with that.

I just came across my Junior Survey from when I got approved where I said jetpack was my favorite armor ability.

I should be banned.

That can be arranged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom