• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said screw it and bought Halo Anniversary and Reach today after thinking about the Bloom tweaks.

Very much enjoyed the Anniversary mp but was hungrier for some DMR play minus the bloom after hearing about this 85% bloom thingy. Unfortunately bloom didn't seem too different in the team slayer game I played but I jumped into an MLG playlist and it was like the game was reborn.

I've advocated a new formula for Halo 4 in the past but the traditional mechanics might still deserve some iteration for a game or two. Hoping to join up with some members of Halo-GAF for some fun games, bloom or not.

That game in the 'Team Slayer' playlist? There isn't TU settings (85% bloom) in that playlist, so that would explain why it didn't feel any different.

Shh. I am trying to remember only the good.

lol
It's all good on normal.
Or my favorite: yay, I stuck him!

....his shield is still up. Also, I'm dead.
Oh goodness that too! On that difficulty the pp/br combo wasn't even that great because if you poked your head out long enough to shoot the pp you were dead.
That's it. Starting a Halo 2 Legendary playthrough.
Good luck! When you throw the controller make sure the tv is not in the way.

what supports the TU settings?
Squad Slayer
The Arena
Team Objective
Double Team
Multi Team
Big Team Battle

And of course the Anniversary playlists. These are a mix of TU and Anniversary gametypes (except for Anniversary Classic which is 100% Anniversary gametypes).

They really should just make the TU gametype universal at this point. And fix the health pack glitch. But first acknowledge it. Baby steps.

*stumbles in late and drunk*
Why you not stumble in late and drunk an hour earlier.

Squad Slayer
The Arena
Team Objective
Double Team
Multi Team
Big Team Battle

And of course the Anniversary playlists. These are a mix of TU and Anniversary gametypes (except for Anniversary Classic which is 100% Anniversary gametypes).

Much obliged.

Is there a Halo GAF friends list?

Good luck! When you throw the controller make sure the tv is not in the way.

From what I remember it's not too bad once you push past Cairo.

A new Halo fan-film + teaser trailer. Halo: Archetype.

That got me thinking about Halo 3's marketing and reveals back in the day. Very impressive how content-filled and consistent every piece of information regarding Halo 3 was:

• June '06: Halo 3 E3 reveal with E3 trailer ViDoc
  • November '06: Initial Halo 3 reveal via EGM
  • December '06: Second ViDoc - "Et tu Brute?"; first in-game alpha shot of Chief
  • April '07: Halo 3 Beta date announced with MP ViDoc
  • May '07: Halo 3 Beta
  • ONE week after Beta ends: Second magazine reveal showing off Epitaph, Spiker Rifle, and customizable armor pieces
  • June '07: Halo 3 E3 trailer
  • August '07: GamesCom - Sketch plays Tsavo Highway,Sandtrap unveil
  • September '07: Halo 3 released

All material kept you hooked and wanting more while being consistent. No large "blackouts" a la ODST and [currently] Halo 4. In between all those reveals were consistent Bungie Weekly Updates that always gave enough salivating teases that by the time you were dry, the next BWU arrived giving you more. There was never really a point in time where you didn't hear anything about Halo 3, no matter how small or big said details were.
Don't forget the Iris Campaign during June-August, and the live action trailers we got.

Kingdoms of a amalur reck.... im only playing this for my mass effect 3 goodies the game is terrible.
That's the problem. Did you play it fast? I had a lot of fun with it. Definitely going to be better than ME3. :p

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Don't forget the Iris Campaign during June-August, and the live action trailers we got

Oh yeah! I forgot about those. Good times.

I wish 343 would start putting some random Halo 4 tidbits within Reach itself similar to what Bungie did on Valhalla every time a holiday/special occassion came up.

For example, they could have the Halo 4 logo on the surface of the pool area in Powerhouse or sketch the words "Wake Up, John" somewhere on Prisoner. Just a thought. It'd be fun to spot these during gameplay and it's a nice, subtle way of getting people hyped without using any new assets.

feel

Oh yeah! I forgot about those. Good times.

I wish 343 would start putting some random Halo 4 tidbits within Reach itself similar to what Bungie did on Valhalla every time a holiday/special occassion came up.

For example, they could have the Halo 4 logo on the surface of the pool area in Powerhouse or sketch the words "Wake Up, John" somewhere on Prisoner. Just a thought. It'd be fun to spot these during gameplay and it's a nice, subtle way of getting people hyped without using any new assets.
No thanks, that smells like another download of 15 GB worth of .map files.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That's an awesome banner, Duncan. I love the textured background.

aql7a.png

Pretty sure if Halo 4 has a jetpack in MP, I'll skip it out of principle.

Jetpack in Halo 4 confirmed then.

Seriously though, whatever that jetpack/booster in the announcement trailer was is obviously in the game, unless they put stuff in that trailer as trollface that's not a part of the game. I doubt that.

Wishlist for Halo 4:

Button Glitches
Equipment
Powerups
AA's return (all the favorites, Armor Lock, Camo, Evade)
Vehicles
Every weapon from every Halo so far
Killstreaks

Jetpack in Halo 4 confirmed then.

Seriously though, whatever that jetpack/booster in the announcement trailer was is obviously in the game, unless they put stuff in that trailer as trollface that's not a part of the game. I doubt that.

maybe just for short bursts of speed or something, not actual flight.
Wishlist for Halo 4:

Button Glitches

...I'm ok with this. Might add a bit more depth to the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can't think of any possible way jetpacks would be good for Halo.

... Yeah, nothing.

Despite this and the obvious indications of jetpacks being in Halo 4, I'm still excited for Halo 4.

Thermite

Wishlist for Halo 4:

Button Glitches
Equipment
Powerups
AA's return (all the favorites, Armor Lock, Camo, Evade)
Vehicles
Every weapon from every Halo so far
Killstreaks

Also 20fps. I find that I'm able to appreciate the finer details of Halo when it's a slideshow.

monome

... Yeah, nothing.

Despite this and the obvious indications of jetpacks being in Halo 4, I'm still excited for Halo 4.

Thrusters might be different than jetpacks.
And if Halo 4 offers a big exploration ground, I think it would be great to be able to move vertically without necessarily using plateforms or vehicles, but even though I like getting high, jetpacks are not fast enough and last too long.
A shorter duration, a stronger boost, and a speedier regular movement and I'm set.

Spent the morning listening to the new music. Theme for one particular character made me send Chespace an "unf unf" email.

Didact !!! ??? ;)))
<3

... Yeah, nothing.

I can, everytime you jetpack, you explode giving your team a -1 each and every time.

I did this little montage for the thread banner, could any of you guys put HaloGAF OT or similar with some fancy font on it, I´m not very good with this :(

Preferably in the bottom right side, plenty of space there.

banner-1.jpg

kylej

Banned
Also 20fps. I find that I'm able to appreciate the finer details of Halo when it's a slideshow.

When you zoom in with a weapon and the game starts choking because of all the grey blocks, that's actually Bungie trying to help you get kills by slowing the game down. Another revolutionary new feature of the all new Halo Reach engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom