• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Bad teams don't beat good teams in the playoffs because all the teams are quality. So each victory is earned. You're arguing from this "the better team should win all the time" position, except that the better team is the team that wins (except in exceedingly rare occasions the refs completely determine the winner). Victories aren't earned by what people think before hand, they're earned at the end of the contest.

I'm sure you understood all of this before my explanation, though. Don't know what you where "wat"ing.

Halo 4 will come out this year. Come on guys. I think we'll get info this (February) month.

Bad teams don't beat good teams in the playoffs because all the teams are quality. So each victory is earned. You're arguing from this "the better team should win all the time" position, except that the better team is the team that wins (except in exceedingly rare occasions the refs completely determine the winner). Victories aren't earned by what people think before hand, they're earned at the end of the contest.

I'm sure you understood all of this though.

Halo 4 will come out this year. Come on guys. I think we'll get info this (February) month.

I understand what you are saying, and I'm not a Football fan so that might be part of the problem.

I just think it should take more than one game to prove who is "better" or "the best".

Speaking of brain dead.

Football is not like other sports with series, the players couldn't physically play 3-5-7 game series in a timely manner without killing themselves.

Yeah, I understand that too. It's a lose-lose situation.

Ramirez

Football needs to stop every 15 seconds so the coach can tell the brain-dead players what to do step-by-step.

Speaking of brain dead.

I understand what you are saying, and I'm not a Football fan so that might be part of the problem.

I just think it should take more than one game to prove who is "better" or "the best".

Football is not like other sports with series, the players couldn't physically play 3-5-7 game series in a timely manner without killing themselves.

Homeboyd

mov_aladdin_240x240.jpg

Trey

The logistics from multiple standpoints are just too much to overcome for that to be adopted. There's a reason teams only play once a week. The preparation before the game and the execution required during is unmatched by any mainstream NA sport and its international counterparts (baseball, basketball, hockey, futbol (soccer), etc) and is absolutely grueling on the body (the most matches any team could conceivably play in a season (September to February) are nineteen). So if multiple games are played in a series, at least two games must be played in order to determine a winner. Half a month to determine who deserves to move on.

That's crazy. One and done adds to the hype, the drama, and makes sense within the nature of the sport.

As bad as Goodell is, he still isn't as big of a doucher as Stern is.

Stern is the worst commish in major American professional sports.

1 game playoffs are so weak, any bad NFL team can beat and good NFL once.

Exhibit 1A: Broncos over Steelers this year.

Why not? We haven't seen or heard anything of Halo 4 and it's due in 10 months, max. We've seen and heard more about BioShock Infinite and that game was announced 17 years ago.

Somehow they showed Infinite like 3 years before it came out and it looked like a damn finished game.

My hype meter for that game is through the roof.

230 people in Squad DLC. Just over half of Team Objective's population.

Guess we know what's gonna get cut.

Yeah can you really blame 343 for cutting the DLC lists? No one plays them.

Ramirez

230 people in Squad DLC. Just over half of Team Objective's population.

Guess we know what's gonna get cut.

Well, if they cut playlists based on population, all that would remain would be Swat, Living Dead, Slayer, and Snipers. Only 3 of those 4 are true Halo experiences.

FyreWulff

Yeah can you really blame 343 for cutting the DLC lists? No one plays them.

Well let's see.

We already have 4-5 we're stuck with due to the Anniversary disc. So the latest DLC already has 4-5 playlists dedicated to it.

Squad DLC requires Anniversary to even enter. So the people playing Anniversary aren't going to be using it.

Squad DLC should only require Noble and Defiant, with Anniversary optional. Oh well, too late now, just delete it. The Anniversary map pack was well done but Bungie supported the Defiant map pack better than 343 has.

Ramirez

Oh My thats what I said.

Superbowl should be 3 games. Played over one week. two days break in between each game.

If the players get hurt they are bitches and cant handle being football players.

Just stop posting about something you clearly don't understand. There's a reason there's only one game a week and most teams are lucky to have their core group of starters remain healthy all year long.

You're really gonna boast about it on Twitter, Fyrewulff? Really?
Stay classy, brah

What was this about? lol

Trey

Oh My thats what I said.

Superbowl should be 3 games. Played over one week. two days break in between each game.

If the players get hurt they are bitches and cant handle being football players.

Blech.

You're even rocking the Buffaslug. Thought we salted that demon for good.

Why not? We haven't seen or heard anything of Halo 4 and it's due in 10 months, max. We've seen and heard more about BioShock Infinite and that game was announced 17 years ago.

I wasn't saying one way or another, but I was wondering if that's what people are thinking now. That it's been pushed back to 2013.

Tawpgun

Just stop posting about something you clearly don't understand. There's a reason there's only one game a week and most teams are lucky to have their core group of starters remain healthy all year long.

lA0WH.jpg

:(

God I hope he'll be good to go by gametime.

Ramirez

http://i.imgur.com/lA0WH.jpg[/ig]

:(

God I hope he'll be good to go by gametime.[/QUOTE]

See if I wanted to be a pleb like these guys I could point out we made you all look like trash in the regular season.

But then we made Tebow look good, so all arguments go out the window.

What was this about? lol

Glass bitches who can't play night after night like hockey players.

Solid.

Halo 4 follower makes me laugh every time I see a video. That gaf created halo 4 screen shot made an appearance :)

I think I'll make a Destiny update video like that.

"Okay, so... we don't know anything guys but I'll read you the latest update from Bungie.net. Quote: 'See you starside.' End quote. So, draw your own conclusions guys.

Here's a screenshot somebody emailed me that is 100% definitely not Crysis. It's might not be Destiny but it could be. Draw your own conclusions. So, yeah.

I'd just like to thank Bungie for working on this game. Great job, guys. Keep up the good work. I'm proud of you. I'd also like to thank the people that feverishly refresh my YouTube page hoping for a new video. So, thanks. Draw your own conclusions. Yeah, so... this is ncsuDuncan signing off until next week."

Homeboyd

"Okay, so... we don't know anything guys but I'll read you the latest update from Bungie.net. Quote: 'See you starside.' End quote. So, draw your own conclusions guys.

Here's a screenshot somebody emailed me that is 100% definitely not Crysis. It's might not be Destiny but it could be. Draw your own conclusions. So, yeah.

I'd just like to thank Bungie for working on this game. Great job, guys. Keep up the good work. I'm proud of you. I'd also like to thank the people that feverishly refresh my YouTube page hoping for a new video. So, thanks. Draw your own conclusions. Yeah, so... this is ncsuDuncan signing off until next week."
*subscribes because it's still somehow better than what we've been officially given*

:/'s

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

+1
Liked
Followed
Subscribed
Favourited
Retweeted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom