• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Football's lame as shit. Teams play each other maybe twice in a season. Better team might not even win, seasons too short. Means nothing. Winner is really loser. Apes trying to push their banana further than other apes, while drunk apes yell on the sides.

Hockey, College Basketball off to the sides. Manly men playing with cunning intellect. Their dumbest idea would nova encapsulate the brightest idea ever made on a football field.

This post just invalidated every public thought you've ever shared with this forum.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Booshka

1iDIn(1).gif

Reminded me of my of one of my favorite Tool songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzB9XCrwvMk&feature=related

feel

This post just invalidated every public thought you've ever shared with this forum.

Wait I'm confused on how this works, does it retroactively make all his other comments good or it just deletes them??

FyreWulff

Hey lybertyboy:

Is bleedthrough separable from the rest of the TU settings or does modified bloom, AA changes, sword unblock and bleedthrough all come as a package?

Tunavi

Banned
Everything about football just works. Only once a week, exciting big plays, fourth quarters can be pretty intense, great comebacks happen quite often, and playoffs are live or die.

Honestly I'm surprised there was no Pro Bowl commercial. Everyone watches the Pro Bowl

Lawlz

Every game* counts.
*Unless you're in the SEC.

Otherwise I much prefer NCAA to NFL.

Screw the BCS system and the SEC boner that it has.

That said, college football is still insanely fun to watch, as is the NFL.

Football's lame as shit. Teams play each other maybe twice in a season. Better team might not even win, seasons too short. Means nothing. Winner is really loser. Apes trying to push their banana further than other apes, while drunk apes yell on the sides.

Hockey, College Basketball off to the sides. Manly men playing with cunning intellect. Their dumbest idea would nova encapsulate the brightest idea ever made on a football field.

seinfeld.gif

Tawpgun

put it this way, the only thing you should hold your breath for, is Tom Brady walking home in his Uggs, crying, all the way to the city or state of "New England"
Everyone should root for the Giants because the Patriots never deserve to win

ever

The hate only makes us stronger. MMmmm...

Kiss the rings. I'm a little bored of only having a championship in one major sport over the past year, hoping we can make it two.

There we go.

*brofist*

BOOO!

But I'll give you plus 1 for Hockey. I'm a bigger Pats fan than a Bruins fan (might be because I'm trying to get more into Hockey) but I prefer watching Hockey to Football. College Hockey is also a blast to watch live.

Basketball bores me.

No Fun League.

Say anything, get fined. Do anything, get fined.

This I agree with. They gotta cut down on some of their bullshit rules. Celebration and a little bit of taunting is great for the fans and adds to the spirit of the game.

And uhh... Grifball is pretty cool too, or at least the Halo 3 version. Reach Grifball blows.

Karl2177

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The latest Beyond the Frontline has gone live on Forward Unto Dawn and Dave asks if some bonus content from Halo 2 is being overlooked.

BTF #8 : Wiretapping the Cosmos

Beyond the Frontline is a regular feature where the staff here get up on the soapbox and put forward an idea or idea relating to Halo. Each BTF is a talking point designed to start a dialogue and unlike our regular word blasts and articles, the entries are short and sweet.

I wasn’t the only person to give yelps of glee when I saw the Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary Terminal previews after HaloFest. They are, put simply, damn good pieces of expanded fiction woven into an otherwise discovered game. But I wasn’t the only person to notice certain inconsistencies in the terminals with some established fiction–namely, 343 Guilty Spark’s log from “Conversations of the Universe”.

Pity “Conversations”–in many ways, currently relegated to Halo history as a minor bonus for the Halo 2 Collectors Edition. But it could be so much more. Laid within its disparate letters are stories begging to be told. The excavation of a mysterious, alien artifact on Coral–most likely Forerunner, but possibly even Precursor, given the materials’ resilience to damage. What was its function? What happened to the dig site? Was it destroyed by the Covenant’s glassing? What battle was the Covenant warship Sacred Promise involved in? And what happened to its engineers, mysteriously disappearing during the ship’s plummet towards a nearby planetoid? More maddeningly, what is the Sharquoi the Elites planned to use against humanity? Did they ever use it?

Aside from questions, CFtU opened up the world of Halo, especially for those who had never touched a novel beforehand (and back then, there were only three!) Many of them set the tone for Halo 2 and its radical departure from Combat Evolved–small side stories that gave the Covenant a human face, for lack of a better expression: bickering Grunts, the increasingly corroding interactions between the Elites and Brutes and the stress fractures in the Covenant. With all the painful narrative cuts made in the final game, these samples gave us a wonderful amount of depth to augment what we played onscreen. In short, CFtU was more a boon than mere bonus for fiction lovers, and it is disheartening to see it neglected now, its stories left cold and untouched. This is, admittedly, one of the hazards of producing (what appears to be) disparate stories–some elements will be discarded or overwritten, like the Cortana Letters are now defunct.

It doesn’t have to be that way. With the possibility of more conflict with humans on the horizon, could the Sharquoi play a role for the Elites again? If Serin Osman could recover from her augmentation injuries, couldn’t Cassandra return to the field as a full-fledged Spartan? The content in CFtU could be just the beginning, especially if 343i follows the lead of Bungie and lays groundwork for coming threads, and to keep fans engaged. There have been promising signs that they might, particularly with the Data Drops ante Glasslands and Anniversary. Halo 4‘s marketing campaign has thus far been virtually nothing, so there remains plenty of time to do something similar. So lets hope that 343i takes a page out of Bungie’s book and keeps one ear to the galaxy.

-DangerousDave

I wrote almost all of Conversations and none of it is wasted. There are constant connections and there will be more in the future.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I wrote almost all of Conversations and none of it is wasted. There are constant connections and there will be more in the future.

Thanks for the comment. I'm sure Dave will appreciate it.

Wouldn't say it's been wasted. We were talking recently and the idea came up that he felt that Conversations had been marginalised; specially because of the inconsistencies and partially because it's one of his favourite pieces of fiction and he's been wanting more from the things it's raised for quite some time.

Oozer3993

I loathe and despise anything having to do with those cheating frauds from a nonexistent state. If there is any justice at all in the world, the honorable New York Football Giants will dispose of them like the trash they are.

So what I'm saying is Giants are BR, Cheatriots are AR.

P.S. Kibbles, your avatar is magnificent.

No Halo 4 cover for Game Informer next month :(

I know I saw that. I hope that 343i does a ViDoc or whatever they call it now. Would that be so hard?
Edit: if 343i is in crunch mode then I take that back I would rather they work on making a great game then giving a few desparate fans some news

Tunavi

Banned
I really believe that 343 really has some spectacular stuff they're going to show off. They would have revealed a few things a long time ago if it was just another average Halo game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom