• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I uploaded one of the reach live actions shorts and that got over 100k but I deleted it since I don't really like having content that isn't my own. My best legit video only has 10k.

Im having such a mix experience with reach currently.

TU is an improvement but only cause of the 85% bloom, remove bleedthrough and AA's and id be much happier.

but im often in parties where i play non TU or ZBNS or something similar and the change in pace stresses me out.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
MLG is asking fans to post a 30 second wall on their video explaining why they want/need/deserve the new Madcatz MLG controller. Top 3 videos win and then fans vote for their favorite as well. Thinking about entering. 30 second video wouldn't be bad. Need some good ideas....

Hey You

You applied for that? I didn't do shit and randomly got an email from YouTube saying I was invited to that partner program. Weird.

Me too. Even though I have less than 10 subscribers, less than 500 views on my videos and only 2 original videos on my channel. The rest were from games.

MLG is asking fans to post a 30 second wall on their video explaining why they want/need/deserve the new Madcatz MLG controller. Top 3 videos win and then fans vote for their favorite as well. Thinking about entering. 30 second video wouldn't be bad. Need some good ideas....

Too bad mine is arriving today :/

I'd really like to but I'm sick as hell. It's been quite a while since I was too sick to play xbox heh. Hopefully I'll be in better shape tomorrow though.

Get well soon krow!

Edit: I'm not quite as sick as Krow is so I'll see how some Reach goes down. I'll hop on at 7 as well so.

We don't care about you...

Just joking, hopefully see you around at 7

Just point them to your K/D, tell them you need all the help you can get. :p

Nah, kidding, my K/D is terribad.

CyReN

I won Astro a40 a few years back, creativity is key;)

Also I thought some of you guys might like this, tweaked it a little from last night:

(click to make bigger)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
^^ thanks.

Also, that's a lot of Ogre in that pic lol

I think I may have figured out how to beat this NAT problem. It just went moderate on me again but I was able to fix it pretty quick.

Please post some impressions (along with anyone else who gets it) once you've played with it a bit. Seems like a great controller; I'd love to swap the left stick with the d-pad and make it more like the ps controller.

I'll do an un-boxing vid and once I get used to it and have had some time I'll do a review so if you have any questions for that let me know.

This made me a bit nostalgic and sad. Hope the transition is smoother than I expect.

I dont like that fact that we have to use waypoint for stats soon :/

Blinding

Please post some impressions (along with anyone else who gets it) once you've played with it a bit. Seems like a great controller; I'd love to swap the left stick with the d-pad and make it more like the ps controller.

I've seen several people say that the included PS3 D-Pad is horrible, and some people have complained that the sticks are too sensitive to adjust to.

This made me a bit nostalgic and sad. Hope the transition is smoother than I expect.

Very sad indeed. I used to visit Bungie.net religiously since Halo 2's announcement. I had looked at every weekly update and the bungie webcams for years. I would follow my Halo 2 rank as I was playing, the heatmaps, all the crazy stats and screenshots. (will 343 now publish screenshots?) But once 343 came into the picture and Bungie made it apparent that they were going to stop support for Halo stuff, I slowly left the site. It's pretty sad to see the main reason I visited a site go away after almost a decade.

darth-vader-noooo.jpg

Seriously though, this is a shame. Bnet is still lightyears ahead of the waypoint site.

I hope there's a big update to the Waypoint site when this happens, because I can't say anything positive about it right now. Thank the gods that HBO posts a version of the updates.

I've seen several people say that the included PS3 D-Pad is horrible, and some people have complained that the sticks are too sensitive to adjust to.
I was just hoping to swap the 360 dpad with the stick, but that's disconcerting news nonetheless.

Havok

http://www.otakufreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/darth-vader-noooo.jpg[IMG]
Seriously though, this is a shame. Bnet is still lightyears ahead of the waypoint site.
[/QUOTE]Yep. Bnet is still my go-to because it runs so much more smoothly and the functionality is so accessible. The very slow and kinda bloated dropdown menu on Waypoint just doesn't cut it for me.

Hell, half the time Waypoint bulletin links redirect me to an error page or the main blog listing, and the Custom Challenges page becomes completely unresponsive far too often.

What exactly isn't up to Bungie's level of quality?

The site can be a bitch on my mobile phone, Bungie.net forums and presentation in general looks far superior and cleaner in every way.

I love how clean and simple Bungie.net forums look, Waypoint forums are a mess, your avatar and profile info (role, thanks..) occupy too much space.

The site can be a bitch on my mobile phone, Bungie.net forums and presentation in general looks far superior and cleaner in every way.

I love how clean and simple Bungie.net forums look, Waypoint forums are a mess, your avatar and profile info (role, thanks..) occupy too much space.

Well okay, that's an opinion, but I'm more looking for actual problems. Because I can easily find all the stats on waypoint that I used to look up on Bnet.

The only problem I have with the site are that it doesn't run really smooth (long loading times compared to Bnet and wrong linking). And I can't seem to find heatmaps for multiplayer. I don't know if they aren't there or I just can't find them.

Yep. Bnet is still my go-to because it runs so much more smoothly and the functionality is so accessible. The very slow and kinda bloated dropdown menu on Waypoint just doesn't cut it for me.

Hell, half the time Waypoint bulletin links redirect me to an error page or the main blog listing, and the Custom Challenges page becomes completely unresponsive far too often.
This happens to me every time, whether Chrome or Firefox. The site as a whole takes a stupidly long time to load, when any other site pops right up for me. If saved films carries over and makes the site even more bloated, it will pretty much mark the end of my time perusing features that I came to love on bnet.

Karl2177

Well okay, that's an opinion, but I'm more looking for actual problems. Because I can easily find all the stats on waypoint that I used to look up on Bnet.

The only problem I have with the site are that it doesn't run really smooth (long loading times compared to Bnet and wrong linking). And I can't seem to find heatmaps for multiplayer. I don't know if they aren't there or I just can't find them.

Find my K/D and W/L ratios in BTB.

So wait, that means that basically Halo 3 stats tracking ends on March 31st!?? That really sucks. :(

Im glad that stuff will be archived and viewable, but the fact that stats tracking will come to an end effectively for H3 is really sad.

I doubt 343 will invest resources for a 5 year old game. Please prove me wrong?

Karl2177

My advice : Grab data from existing matches, store it in a database and query that database instead of query'ing Bungie.net.

Will require more work, but will allow you to make a lot of the project anyway :).

If you're using the Reach API, it says in the agreement that you can't store data permanently. Caching is fine, but storing isn't.

feel

Damn this sucks, I thought they would keep hosting Halo stats for a good while. Waypoint as of now is just far inferior in every aspect, not really 343i's fault, it's just that Bungie is so good at this.

Do they even have Halo 3 stats at Waypoint??

edit- judging by Bobs' post, they don't. What the fuck, are they just gonna say "Tough break! You should be playing Reach.."?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom