• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Biggzy

Am I seriously the only person on the planet who's never had any trouble with Silverlight (including Netflix, Waypoint, xbox.com,etc) ever? Seriously, it's so much better than the POS that is Flash. Still HTML5 would be the best solution.

I haven't had any trouble with Silverlight either.

senador

Banned
I've come back into the light momentarily to say this BTS video is the best and perhaps they should have started this one. ;) I love that there definitely seems to be a huge focus on making great maps. I like seeing all the past Halo multiplayer clips thrown in. I love hearing their reasoning and stuff. Direct footage looks really really good.

That Hail Mary grenade is nuts! I wonder how many other gems like that are in the game. :)

Dominion actually looks really sick. Fuck Invasion, this shit looks way better.

Is that some monks I hear?!

Also, that Spartan Ops CG stuff is sick! You can have an impact on the next episode? Wonder how, are their multiple story paths and endings? :O

Yeah I've never had an issue with it.

Same.

Ok bai.

FL1Psyde

Neo Member
vidoc was great

10/10 would watch again

ok after watching that stream last night and watching the vidoc, im sold and pre-ordering after work tomorrow

hqdefault.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
*tries to watch*

Please install Silverlight.

*did that days ago*

Hey Ellis, Waypoint still blows.

EDIT: I can't watch the BTS because it wants me to install Silverlight, and when I try to, SURPRISE, YOU'VE ALREADY INSTALLED SILVERLIGHT ARGO FUCK YOURSELF.

I can't Ellis, even if I specifically download 32-bit it says I already have the 64-bit installed, ARGO FUCK YOURSELF.
Holy shit, dude. Be a little more tactful with your rage.

Talents

Banned
BTS is good, did bother me in parts with talking about accomplishing things in game then show a exp bar. That's me though as a competitive player.

Game cutscenes look unreal, can't believe a 7 year old system can do that.

Just imagine what they'll be able to do on the nextbox.
ncpda.gif

a) The first half of the BTS was 343I outlining a bunch a decisions of I've disliked from mid-screen "go you!" text to completely changing the Flood's aesthetics, so that was a bit painful to watch

b) The Spartan Ops cinematics are absolutely stunning, if that clip was anything to go by. WOW.

c) The proud, "all that crazy effort feels worth it" ending was quite touching. Happy for ye/them.

kylej

Banned
terminal_zps0553a02b.png

Can't access the terminals on Waypoint, they're down of course, but I bet they're related.

looks like a meteorological symbol for wind direction.

wind_barbs.gif

that type of thing

that's about all I remember from the meteorology course I took lol

Haven't seen the video but are you guys talking about Spartan ops cut scenes? Because those are pre rendered so the platform hardware shouldn't really matter.

In other words it has nothing to do with the 360 and everything to do with the animation studio.

It's like your a completely different guy, Ninja.

Vidoc was great, loved seeing all the folks that worked on it.

I'm a changed man.

I definitely feel a lot better than a few months ago, too. Maybe it's related. I've just learned to put nitpicks aside, and genuinely enjoy stuff again. And this game just looks so goddamn fun.

Why is the vidoc a low-res PoS half of the time? I can't change the video quality manually, it changes back and forth automatically all the time.

Fucking silverlight, ugh.

IHaveIce

Banned
Wow the video was awesome, but at somepoints I had to laugh.

Their explanation of the new important role of the flag carrier, the flood mode or the great importance of the grifball course for example.. ugh

But even forge looked better here, that was a really great video.

Edit: OH YES and the sentence "You never will have 0 points with the new scoring system" .. yeah how is that good?

Top Bottom