• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

CyReN

I've only got

image.php

*gets sms message from twitter on new bts video*

*runs to iPad to watch*

*loads twitter on iPad and clicks link*

"Hmm, no QuickTime version."

*goes to Android phone and clicks link*

*prompted with age-gate, but default browser won't allow scrolling in the drop down menu to get to an acceptable birth year*

*downloads Firefox for Android, gets past age-gate*

"Ugh, no Flash version either."

*finds an Android browser that supposedly supports Silverlight, downloads it, loads Waypoint, but age-gate drop downs don't work*

*tries signing in to Microsoft Account to bypass age-gate, doesn't work*

"Done with this shit!"

*adds OdysseusVA's upload as a favorite on YouTube mobile and watches it on Jasmine (no iPad YouTube app in iOS 6)

"Thanks, Odysseus!"

Bsigg12

I want to play Halo, but the Halo that I want to play isn't out yet. A little over three weeks...

I feel you, this is a really tough wait. Halo 3 was hard, but this is unbearable almost.

What's worse is I have to be the Halo 4 "Rep" at the three stores I watch over for merchandising of videogames and won't be able to pick my copy up and play right away because of it.

That was pretty amazing. Oh my god Spartan Ops looks absolutely stunning. Those set pieces look like a tonne of funne and seriously look beautiful.

Woorloog

Banned
Dat Jennifer Hale. I'm happy with the VA choice for Palmer.

No, you can't be serious. Not her.

The problem is this, i've heard her voice in so many games, i don't associate that with a character anymore. All i hear is Hale, not the character.
This is naturally a problem with all voice actors. Half of World of Warcraft's male population seems to be Chris Metzen. And Starcraft Marine to boot.

Bsigg12

The problem is this, i've heard her voice in so many games, i don't associate that with a character anymore. All i hear is Hale, not the character.
This is naturally a problem with all voice actors. Half of World of Warcraft's male population seems to be Chris Metzen. And Starcraft Marine to boot.

"cough" Nolan North "cough" every game imaginable "cough"

Steven Blum-ism I think is the appropriate name for that.

kylej

Banned
"We're adding what we call a situational record... it's a recording of the person that killed you"

guys just call it a kill-cam :|

kylej

Banned
for join in progress do I have to bring up my friends list in the Xbox Guide or can I just click on a name in the matchmaking lobby and join their game?

"We're adding what we call a situational record... it's a recording of the person that killed you"

guys just call it a kill-cam :|

Some of the explanations are kinda funny. It's like the Doom movie trying to explain the mechanics and real name behind the BFG. It's the Big Fucking Gun, man, call it what it is and we'll immediately know what it is.

Woorloog

Banned
Steven Blum-ism I think is the appropriate name for that.

Him too. But again, less so like North. Ultimately this will be unavoidable issue, if you care about this.
It would be nice if the actors didn't do the same character.
Consider Romeo and John Forge. They're quite the same in many ways. Jedi Consular is completly different, he ain't a snarker and insolent.
Hale does always the space marine thing or something very similar. If she did some other character it wouldn't be such an problem. Hale actually voices some side characters in ME series. Never notice them really, since they're something different, harder to realize who is voicing them.

Satchel

Banned
Best looking shooter on consoles.

I know I shouldn't watch the leaked footage, but funk it's too hard to resist.

Looks phenomenal.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I feel you, this is a really tough wait. Halo 3 was hard, but this is unbearable almost.

What's worse is I have to be the Halo 4 "Rep" at the three stores I watch over for merchandising of videogames and won't be able to pick my copy up and play right away because of it.
This wait actually isn't too bad for me. Halo 2, 3, and Reach were all unbearable. I think my cynicism and skepticism about Halo 4 has made the wait easier. It's the first time I've had major concerns about a Halo game before playing it. But like I said yesterday: the movement, the maps, and the sandbox all look amazing. Halo 4 looks leagues better than Reach, a game I've thoroughly enjoyed for two years. So I'm definitely excited, despite my concerns. Just a little less excited than I've been in the past.

Seeing that vidoc makes it hard to go back to play 3 and Reach, though...

Edit : I'm so excited about join in progress. Should make the matchmaking experience a lot better. Also, I noticed Steitzer's "Enemy Team Scored" line has been tweaked. :)

kylej

Banned
I know its been said before but...

Here's what we did for Infection players

Here's what we did for Grifball players

Competitive players? ...

Top Bottom