• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

feel

You just register and get to play either Walshy or Strongside. Everyone who wins gets $1000 doesn't matter how many.
Wow. How sure can they be that the pros won't very secretly cut deals with contestants? Unless there's something substantial in it for the Pros if they don't lose. Whole contest seems bonkers.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
My work-in-progress remix...

Music is hard >:/ But this has really amped me up to make more of my own stuff again. I'm not sure how many submissions I'll actually get around to doing, but I'm shooting for 3 or 4 different ones.

I like it but I feel like it's missing something. It's missing that epic sound in the middle of the song. The light percussion isn't giving it enough power.

Music is hard >:/ But this has really amped me up to make more of my own stuff again. I'm not sure how many submissions I'll actually get around to doing, but I'm shooting for 3 or 4 different ones.

Hey man. Constructive criticism because I actually want to see a HaloGaffer win this thing (i.e. dont take this the wrong way), I had a quick listen but the tempo felt off, like there was too long of a pause especially between some of the earlier sections. I know nothing about music and it felt like it could be intentional to add atmosphere - in which case its fine but maybe wont hype people in the way you would want to in order to win the competition.

It's an Australian Navy booth, kind of a hoo-rah promo thing. Not Microsoft.

After the Australian Navy bankrupts itself with such stupid competitions there will be nothing to stop me taking over.

You hear me Gazzawa?

Pop

You poor soul.

Last cartoon I watched was Pokemon on the weekends when I was little. I'm doing fine without them besides their so bad now.

"Strong Sad" is from Homestar Runner, which is super old. I watched that shit back in 5th grade; and "Welshy" is from Futurama, whose target audience is not children.

So...yeah.

So it's still a cartoon that I've watched maybe at most 5 episodes. I also hate SouthPark and The Simpsons, both are terrible imo. Just not my thing.

Edit: @Dax, that's cool I assume you're talking about Futurama. Most cartoons on Tv now are terrible.

Sai-kun

Banned
I like it but I feel like it's missing something. It's missing that epic sound in the middle of the song. The light percussion isn't giving it enough power.

I agree. I was just talking with Wahrer about it. I like the direction it's going in, and it's much more relaxed/chilled out than I originally intended, but I also really like it. I'm planning on taking the song a bit further, maybe building up and including more then the piano/orchestra, but I"m not sure yet. It's not even close to being ready for submission yet.

Hey man. Constructive criticism because I actually want to see a HaloGaffer win this thing (i.e. dont take this the wrong way), I had a quick listen but the tempo felt off, like there was too long of a pause especially between some of the earlier sections. I know nothing about music and it felt like it could be intentional to add atmosphere - in which case its fine but maybe wont hype people in the way you would want to in order to win the competition.

Could you be a bit more specific about the time? That way I can listen to it and let you know if it was intentional or not. And even though I would love the support of all you HaloGAFfers (and lurkers :p), at the end of the day, I'm more concerned with creating something that I'm proud of, not necessarily just creating something to get people pumped up. I'm sort of trying to leave my own unique mark on this song, and bring my personal taste to it. Trying!

I think the next remix I try will have a bit more energy to it, but I like the sort of low-key-ness of this one.

edit: y'all better vote for me no matter what though. some of these folks at the top boggle the mind.

Last cartoon I watched was Pokemon on the weekends when I was little. I'm doing fine without them besides their so bad now.

So it's still a cartoon that I've watched maybe at most 5 episodes. I also hate SouthPark and The Simpsons, both are terrible imo. Just not my thing.

Edit: @Dax, that's cool I assume you're talking about Futurama. Most cartoons on Tv now are terrible imo.

He linked to Ed Edd n Eddy, a late 90's/early 2000's cartoon.

The only cartoons I actively watch nowadays are Futurama and American Dad. Maybe Family Guy here and there. The rest of the stuff is really hit and miss.

started reading thursday wars and humans seem like douches

Halsey's a pretty bad woman, kidnaps children and doesn't afraid of anything.

He linked to Ed Edd n Eddy, a late 90's/early 2000's cartoon.

The only cartoons I actively watch nowadays are Futurama and American Dad. Maybe Family Guy here and there. The rest of the stuff is really hit and miss.

i always recommend people to check out Avatar: the last airbender. this coming from someone who hadn't watched animated shows in 8 years.

I don't watch cartoons...
Well its a good time to start.

Lets start in 1928 with Steamboat Willy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBgghnQF6E4

Slowly climbing to Tom and Jerry in the 1940s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOwhrCkMiKA

Going from there you could work your way through the 60s with Scooby Doo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odatlPoxKMI

Entering the 80s you could enlighten yourself with some Transformers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AIFoBRIny0

In the 90s you could watch some Cowboy Bebop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zDfxZ4NcE

And then in today's times you could watch some Halo Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VslYNsGZRok

IHaveIce

Banned
started reading thursday wars and humans seem like douches
Yeah good way to put it, I have the feeling since Glasslands we should learn to start hating some of the Humans, not dislike them hate them.

Don't know how to say it.

Like it, I think with some extrawork it could be really nice, the remixes which are already submitted and are at the top are worse.

i always recommend people to check out Avatar: the last airbender. this coming from someone who hadn't watched animated shows in 8 years.

I did watch this, after my girlfriend kept bugging me to. It was actually pretty good, but it isn't on anymore. Haven't watched Legend of Korra yet, but she has. I'll probably catch it when all of it is done and it goes to DVD/bluray or something.

Woorloog

Banned
Ah, friday night. The time when HaloGAF stops being Halo.
Someone say something that makes me go sleep. I hate fridays so very much.
EDIT technically it's been saturday here for 5 hours already. But i don't hate saturday daytime...

Pop

Well its a good time to start.

Lets start in 1928 with Steamboat Willy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBgghnQF6E4

Slowly climbing to Tom and Jerry in the 1940s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOwhrCkMiKA

Going from there you could work your way through the 60s with Scooby Doo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odatlPoxKMI

Entering the 80s you could enlighten yourself with some Transformers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AIFoBRIny0

In the 90s you could watch some Cowboy Bebop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zDfxZ4NcE

And then in today's times you could watch some Halo Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VslYNsGZRok

I've seen these haha. Let me clarify, I really dislike modern cartoons. Just can't stand them.

feel

Ah, friday night. The time when HaloGAF stops being Halo.
Someone say something that makes me go sleep. I hate fridays so very much.
EDIT technically it's been saturday here for 5 hours already. But i don't hate saturday daytime...
go watch an ASMR video

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Someone play Halo 3 with me. I'll be on for about two hours.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I am on a plane or I would do this myself, but could someone create a proper Forward Unto Dawn Unexpected Asian Dad meme, featuring the following premise:

Your academic performance is exemplary...

:-l

But You Need to Get Laid Son/Act like a bitch all the time/Need to get VTEC on that shit/Need to grow some balls/Are turning into a nerd... etc.

neoism

If you do it at the same time is 200 still the maximum match count? For example if I did:

20 oz Game Fuel + 11.5 oz Doritos = 2 * (3 + 12) = 30 matches

By that logic if I did that 10 times I could get 300 matches. Or would it make more sense to only do it 7 times for ~210 matches?

EDIT: Maths. If you want to get technical it'd be the most efficient to do:
24 pack + 11.05 oz for a whopping 144 matches, and then either a 20 oz Game Fuel + 11.5 oz bag OR a 24 pack + a 2.75 oz bag for 72 more matches, only going over by 16. This would come out to around $25 USD.

200 matches..lulz will have 2000 at minimum... I was thinking it would be endless.. does anyone know how long it takes to max level in 4 compared to Reach?

DeadNames

Banned
Dammit. BL2 just got on my bad side. They absolutely CANNOT do boss battles right.

Story Spoilers:
The fucking bunker drained me of $10000, so I can't buy rockets. And whenever I get close to killing it, I fucking die without something to kill for "fight for your life!"

It's like Reach-tier rage :/

Anyways, halo! FUD got me wicked excited for 4 for some reason...

feel

I am on a plane or I would do this myself, but could someone create a proper Forward Unto Dawn Unexpected Asian Dad meme, featuring the following premise:

But You Need to Get Laid Son/Act like a bitch all the time/Need to get VTEC on that shit/Need to grow some balls/Are turning into a nerd... etc.
We'll trade Skill Ranks info for it.

Homeboyd

He's gone rampant.

IHaveIce

Banned

27894562.jpg

edit: with some more time I would cut out the real father from the show, but I have to get to morning shift of work in a couple of minutes

27894562.jpg

edit: with some more time I would cut out the real father from the show, but I have to get to morning shift of work in a couple of minutes
"Just Another Casualty Ma'.." "UNACCEPTABLE!!!" *BANG BANG!!*

go watch an ASMR video

Who told you about this?

Its all on www.DewXp.com but I believe one 20oz cap gets you 3 matches of doublexp. You can redeem up to 200 matches of doublexp per GT.

Is there any news on this being available in Canada? I really hope it's not US only. Edit: Nvm: PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA THROUGHOUT THE PROMOTION PERIOD

Pop

Dammit. BL2 just got on my bad side. They absolutely CANNOT do boss battles right.

Story Spoilers:
The fucking bunker drained me of $10000, so I can't buy rockets. And whenever I get close to killing it, I fucking die without something to kill for "fight for your life!"

It's like Reach-tier rage
:/

Anyways, halo! FUD got me wicked excited for 4 for some reason...

What? No nono no

BL2 does bosses right, just wait until True Vault Mode. :)

Doodis

The other option is
his brother is still alive, but is a red herring whom we are supposed to believe is dead (and then have him drop in with some ODSTs) and its actually his father who was killed by them. One way or another I am betting that he lost someone close to the Insurrectionists.
I like all the little subtle hints in the episode that point to bigger things, if the series keeps it up I will continue to like it.

Or,
their dad is an innie rebel! No mention of him yet, just the mom, right? Or did they mention it and I missed it?

Duji

Felt weird watching FUD and then going an hour later to my school and walking through the exact same courtyard and steps they used to film it.

Top Bottom