• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Sounds good. Would be nice if 343 can give us the info on the Forge stuff on their side. Any chances of porting over Reach maps? How many slots do we get? Any Halo Pro? Can I have more than 14 Man-cannons so I can finally finish Q3DM17?

One thing I do know is that we get 4 lights instead of 2. That's an improvement. Otherwise the whole Forgeworld palette under structure including the restrictions look to remain the same. The only addition is the map specific palettes. Also I'm 99% sure there is no porting from reach. lol...

zlatko

Banned
Where is this from, and are there any more? It's great.

I found it on deviant art, and that artist has not done any others of the other characters in that fashion unfortunately. :(

spartan_iv_by_labj-d5d8o7p.png

I like this image for the new Spartan 4's.

Also, this is awesome, but it's huge so I won't imbed it:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/155/a/7/remember_reach_by_archymedius-d528s1r.png

Oh snap, I completely forgot about a bulletin tonight.

I wonder what's going to be in it.

I actually got the Bulletin leaked to me through an unnamed PM:

"hay guys in case you forgot the vidoc here it is again, let me explain some of it again

pirates are out there, you guys gotta be careful, please don't spoil yourself on what's gonna be an amazing halo experience

nycc was so great, it's unbelievable how much passion you guys have for our game, it makes all the blood, sweat, and tears worth it

here's a funny picture

Jackpot/challenges for that game nobody wants to play anymore

lol no ranks

<3 bs angel"

Raide

One thing I do know is that we get 4 lights instead of 2. That's an improvement. Otherwise the whole Forgeworld palette under structure including the restrictions look to remain the same. The only addition is the map specific palettes. Also I'm 99% sure there is no porting from reach. lol...

I thought that would be a long shot. :D

I would love to be able to make a map and sacrifice the vast majority of objects to get more of another one. My first few maps ended up being Quake 1 remakes and I just ran out of stuff but had Warthogs and Tanks all up in my list!

darthbob

I actually got the Bulletin leaked to me through an unnamed PM:

"hay guys in case you forgot the vidoc here it is again, let me explain some of it again

pirates are out there, you guys gotta be careful, please don't spoil yourself on what's gonna be an amazing halo experience

nycc was so great, it's unbelievable how much passion you guys have for our game, it makes all the blood, sweat, and tears worth it

here's a funny picture

Jackpot/challenges for that game nobody wants to play anymore

lol no ranks

<3 bs angel"

Perfect.

I thought that would be a long shot. :D

I would love to be able to make a map and sacrifice the vast majority of objects to get more of another one. My first few maps ended up being Quake 1 remakes and I just ran out of stuff but had Warthogs and Tanks all up in my list!

One thing I would like is the removal of the category limits... that would be nice. Just have a global object limit but be able to use 200 Coli Walls if I so need to. *sigh* I can dream.

Yep I volunteered, I'm rough drafting out a layout and what kind of information to fill in for it. Anybody want to through in types of information they would like to see in the Forge OT?

- Explanation of "What's New" with Forge, with links to introduction videos
- Links to useful sites, including tools to help sketch out maps before starting
- A list of GAF maps. It would be cool to figure out a cleaner way to do this than just dumping them all in the OP, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Including images I think would be great here.

Raide said:
Last time we tried to get the ForgeGAF people together to try and test out maps on a regular basis. It was great to do that and be able to get feedback and tweak the maps. Hopefully we can get it rolling for Halo4 as well.

GodlyPerfection said:
Definitely. Having regular playtesting is something I've been doing for years and I'm down for joining up if you guys plan on continuing them. Doesn't Dani run ForgeGAF customs typically? That is definitely something I can add to the OT if we have a regular scheduled time.

I ran ForgeGAF customs during the Reach days and I mentioned earlier than I'm happy to do so again, complete with rounding up maps every week and organizing them.

Raide

One thing I would like is the removal of the category limits... that would be nice. Just have a global object limit but be able to use 200 Coli Walls if I so need to. *sigh* I can dream.

That would also be awesome. Maybe we get lucky, maybe we have to wait.

I ran ForgeGAF customs during the Reach days and I mentioned earlier than I'm happy to do so again, complete with rounding up maps every week and organizing them.

Awesome. You always did a great job keeping everyone together. :D Hopefully we can keep ForgeGAF running a bit longer as well.

- Explanation of "What's New" with Forge, with links to introduction videos
- Links to useful sites, including tools to help sketch out maps before starting
- A list of GAF maps. It would be cool to figure out a cleaner way to do this than just dumping them all in the OP, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Including images I think would be great here.

Oh awesome... if you can come up with a time and a blurb on it then I can definitely throw that into the OT.

As for the "What's New?" That is definitely something I haven't thought of, but I will definitely throw that in. Links to useful sites should be covered by resources and as more are found or created then I will add them.

As for the list of GAF maps, it definitely needs a cleaner and more concise way of presenting it. Perhaps the a favorites list? Or a map a week little showcase? Or a link to a resource site? Just throwing out ideas...

nillapuddin

Seems to already be a very popular idea. I'd be down for it, but I doubt we would have enough room in a single post to cover it all. Perhaps placing it somewhere and keeping it in the resource section would be the best solution. Especially considering how many pieces there are.

Definitely going to be tricky, as it is a lot of information to digest, will take some trial and error perhaps but a great project to think about, tmrw during my off day Ill think up some a pretty ways to do it

So perhaps split resources into Technical Resources and Design Resources?

For sure

I think I am fairly happy waiting for the game to come out to see any more of that video. I am very much looking forward to Spartan Ops and hope its full of variety in terms of missions and so on.

I wonder if they will take advantage of the Holo-Deck for Spec Ops? I.E. a Mission where you defend Installation 04 firefight style as a training spec ops mission. It would be awesome to have a cutscene where they give the Chief and the older games a shout out and let us revisit older areas as Spec Ops arenas.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The great thing about AAs in Halo 4? You don&#8217;t need one. For 85% of the games I played over the weekend I was running around without an AA and at no point did I feel like I was at a disadvantage or on shakier ground. It was positively lovely.
Personally, this sounds like you're setting yourself up for failure.
That video of the CGI...

It first plays when you load up Infinity on Halo 4
Hey, hey.

Learn to write a fucking spoiler.

That, should be:
That video of the CGI...

MP Spoiler:

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That video of the CGI...

You sure? I thought it was
a clip from the first Spartan Ops episode
? Maybe I'm setting a record for being wrong x amount of times in one day.

Personally, this sounds like you're setting yourself up for failure.

Hey, hey.

Learn to write a fucking spoiler.

That, should be:

Yeah that spoiler caught me out aswell - I expected it to be about the CG rather than about the game. Not a biggie but from now on I think I will just stop clicking black text rather than try and assume what people are going to type. For the sake of clarity it would be good if they did what you mentioned though.

And yeah Dax I dont understand why you would roll without an AA? Its best to have one there and forget about it until you really need it than just not have it at all.

Moa

You sure? I thought it was
a clip from the first Spartan Ops episode
? Maybe I'm setting a record for being wrong x amount of times in one day.

Friend who has the game told me it was what plays when you first load up the Infinity portion of Halo 4.

I think we all assumed it was Spartan Ops because we simply saw the Spartan IVs getting ready and stuff.

EDIT: Spartan Ops Spoiler
Turns out that video was from Spartan Ops, not the one for first launching Infinity.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
cg/halo 4 spoiler talk continuation/correction

that's a video from spartan ops, the infinity one supposedly is just the infinity flying in space with lasky yapping on... note that i may be wrong about this

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Friend who has the game told me it was what plays when you first load up the Infinity portion of Halo 4.

I think we all assumed it was Spartan Ops because we simply saw the Spartan IVs getting ready and stuff.
Ah, cool. I was wondering if they'd have a cinematic for that.

cg/halo 4 spoiler talk continuation/correction

that's a video from spartan ops, the infinity one supposedly is just the infinity flying in space with lasky yapping on
Yeah, I expected something more along those lines for that.

Top Bottom