• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

DeadNames

Banned
Why do we torture ourselves with Reach?

I tried going into a match of FFA on Sword base after a few weeks of not playing, and ended up telling myself I'd break the disc.

Seriously, H4 better not be like Reach.

And how about those classic playlists!

for those of you who didn't get a code, there are jetpacks so maybe that'll ease the blow...
They're pretty damn fun to use though
I got halo blinders on myself, though, hard to play any other game right now.

Fuchsdh

I tried going into a match of FFA on Sword base after a few weeks of not playing, and ended up telling myself I'd break the disc.

I'm really thankful for the Anniversary lists, even the ones we have now. It helps me realize what was great about CE and what wasn't. All the nostalgia can kill your sense of perspective (and yes I know it wasnt CE's multiplayer personified.)

Ryaaan14

Banned
a perk dedicated to the turret... might as well have just had a perk dedicated to placing a large turd in the middle of the screen cause who's gonna select that
With the perk it'd be good. People always fall victim to my turret in Reach on Asylum. Underused weapon IMO.

Just think of the laser, but shorter charge times therefore faster fire rate, but with less damage. I think it takes 2 railgun shots full health to kill someone (correct me if I'm wrong). It looks cool as hell though.
One shot kill.
I believe so, and that is retarded.
What? That can't be right, I was under the impression it was just for your loadout.
Dexterity just seems the most versatile in that category. Not just reloading, faster weapon swapping, too.
I think if you are always in front of the action, Dexterity is the superior SupportPackage but why the hell do I need faster reload if I stay back and shoot guys from a far? Stability sounds like a much better decision in this case. Especially in combination with a Sniper or Beam Rifle.
I'd argue that faster weapon swapping is the more useful aspect of dexterity than the reload speed.

343's MM design philosophy is a million times better than what Bungie did.

DeadNames

Banned
I'm really thankful for the Anniversary lists, even the ones we have now. It helps me realize what was great about CE and what wasn't. All the nostalgia can kill your sense of perspective (and yes I know it wasnt CE's multiplayer personified.)

CEA taught me to hate Prisoner.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I got bored, and I was going through the old Halo 4 GI unveiling threads (namely the Halo OT. Wanted to see our reactions at the time), and I saw this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36688609&postcount=13334
TheOddOne said:
David Lesperance is a new instructor for the Gnomon Workshop DVD’s. Today he has released his latest work labeled “Environment Sculpting”. In the DVD he takes you through different programs and showcases his workflow on how to create stunning game environments. He has worked on titles such as Mortal Kombat vs. D.C. Universe, Tony Hawk: Ride and most recently Halo 4 which has yet to be released. Below you can see some screenshots showing off some of the different programs he is using to create Halo 4 environments. All of the screens below are from Halo 4.

It had this image:
09.jpg

Turned out that actually was an asset for Halo 4. Thought it was kind of interesting.

MrBig

Sent out my 3 I had, let me know if any of those didnt work for ya

I didnt realize they had been sending me buddy codes at the end of their email newsletters

So this made me remember that I hadn't been receiving my keys for purchasing Alpha Squad. I just emailed Smedley about it and he sent me a nice stack of them.

I'll give out the first 5 now. Quote and you shall receive.

CEA taught me to hate Prisoner.
Ridiculous. A map from a completely different game didn't work like magic in a completely different game? WHAT
Really? Damn, my mistake. Don't know if thats good or bad. ass. I'm embarrassed cause I know nothing about the weapon sported in my avatar.

I unfortunately didn't get to use in my experience with the game, but I've heard nothing but good things.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I got bored, and I was going through the old Halo 4 GI unveiling threads (namely the Halo OT. Wanted to see our reactions at the time), and I saw this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36688609&postcount=13334

It had this image:

Turned out that actually was an asset for Halo 4. Thought it was kind of interesting.

Hmmm, indeed. Is or was I wonder?

--

What would have gone a long way to satisfy me personally for forge would be better natural objects and placeable vegetation. Just one or two tree and scrub models. At least the rocks will look better with shadows now.

zap

So this made me remember that I hadn't been receiving my keys for purchasing Alpha Squad. I just emailed Smedley about it and he sent me a nice stack of them.

I'll give out the first 5 now. Quote and you shall receive.

Plz give this one to Letters.

Fotos

If we do get a Bulletin tonight I think this will be the latest we have ever gotten it. Maybe waiting for the trailer to debut?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If we do get a Bulletin tonight I think this will be the latest we have ever gotten it. Maybe waiting for the trailer to debut?
Naw, I think we've seen it come out later. It's only 9:34 on the west coast.

I hope it comes sooooonnn

It's in one of the vidocs, (I'll tag it just in case. Campaign stuff, nothing plot related, just environmental)
You see Chief walking up a hill that looks almost exactly like that. I'll see if I can find it

Ok, I remember the part, but I don't recall it looking that good or lush.

Agreed, also it's very late considering it's now past 9.30PM in Seattle. Assuming bsAngel is based at the 343i office for the moment.

MrBig

If you guys that are just getting into PS2 haven't been following it much give my OP a read if you want, and add yourself to the player list and add some guys on there to your friends list

On the subject of Railgun gametypes: Let's do binary rifle only with 500% damage bonus and no shields. The rate of fire should be similar to a Q3A railgun, right? That paired with some man cannons and upped movement speed should mean some pretty Q3A-like instagib gameplay.
what's the point? binary rifle is already a one hit kill

I apologize if I missed this being announced earlier (trying desperately to avoid spoilers).

But what the fuck! Join in progress MP now, amazing.

Have they spoken about how this will be implemented into Match Making?

MP Vidoc looked cool though, really looking forward to Nov.6th.

heckfu

Banned
I apologize if I missed this being announced earlier (trying desperately to avoid spoilers).

But what the fuck! Join in progress MP now, amazing.

Have they spoken about how this will be implemented into Match Making?

MP Vidoc looked cool though, really looking forward to Nov.6th.

Dev, please keep up.

Top Bottom