• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

blamite

I apologize if I missed this being announced earlier (trying desperately to avoid spoilers).

But what the fuck! Join in progress MP now, amazing.

Have they spoken about how this will be implemented into Match Making?

MP Vidoc looked cool though, really looking forward to Nov.6th.

After a certain point into a game, it'll be disabled so you don't end up joining a game that's about to end. Also, if people are missing or leave during voting, join-in-progress is active at that point so you can refill empty slots before the game starts.

Agreed, also it's very late considering it's now past 9.30PM in Seattle. Assuming bsAngel is based at the 343i office for the moment.
It's the West Coast baby! Noon to 10 is the new 8-5!
I apologize if I missed this being announced earlier (trying desperately to avoid spoilers).

But what the fuck! Join in progress MP now, amazing.

Have they spoken about how this will be implemented into Match Making?

MP Vidoc looked cool though, really looking forward to Nov.6th.

Can join in the pre-game lobby of games, can join during the game, people won't join right at the end of the game ala COD.

Falifax

Lol he's messing around.

Though he definitely wasn't joking that one time he said the exact same thing on a totally diferent context.

edit- he might want the key for himself so still send it either way

By this time he might be already downloading it and eating popcorn with a huge grin on his face.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Aren't bulletins posted on wednesdays?
It's wednesday, right?

Guess i'll just screw around on Reach until it's posted.

Seance

Banned
Why do we torture ourselves with Reach?

I tried going into a match of FFA on Sword base after a few weeks of not playing, and ended up telling myself I'd break the disc.

Seriously, H4 better not be like Reach.

And how about those classic playlists!

Are there people here that actually play Reach regularly? Halo3 would be excusable but Reach? I don't understand why...

Are there people here that actually play Reach regularly? Halo3 would be excusable but Reach? I don't understand why...

One word...netcode

Another word...hitscan

I play from Australia and without these BR battles are a joke, as are melees. At least in Reach my DMR does what it's supposed to.

heckfu

Banned
Oh hey a new post by heckfu. Oh big surprise his avatar changed again.

tumblr_m4v5uh8ESy1r03eaxo1_r2_500.gif

malfcn

Got my Kinect on and weird?
Paused the game and watched a few Youtube videos. And it kept unpausing. Was it picking up something that made it "play" ?

blamite

There's another one of those hidden messages that are visible by highlighting..

SANGHEILI// Most intel here originates from ground contacts, but sensors have assisted with validation. The primary issue with the Sangheili is that of discordant cultural symmetry. It is difficult to assess military growth across several dozen active colonial vectors all with disparate political structures. Nevertheless, any and all visible military activity appears to be internecine in nature.

This is what the hidden bulletin message reads:

PLNB PRIORITY TRANSMISSION [CLASSIFIED]
ENCRYPTION CODE: [CLASSIFIED]
PUBLIC KEY: N/A
TO: CODENAME COALMINER
CLASSIFICATION: ELEVENTH HOUR [2/5]
SUBJECT: OVER THE FENCE
/FILE EXTRACTION-RECONSTITUTION COMPLETE/
/START FILE/
SPECIES CANDIDATE//LINE RECORD 94:73:02:75

(What seems to be war reports follow... not sure if it should be spoiler tagged or not:)

UNGGOY// Sensors at Balaho indicate stability, no off-planet transport recorded since Solipsis. Runners are claiming that Buwan has been abandoned as well, but we’re keeping our eyes on it anyway. Moderate Unggoy populations have been observed in Sangheilian systems at various intervals.

KIG-YAR// Eayn’s native population continues to grow and expand within reasonable governing parameters; its economic and social lines have stabilized in the wake of the war. Muloqt, Kaelarot, and Valyanop, the primary interplanetary colonial sites, all remain static, with little notable movement. There are rumors of mercenaries operating alongside a handful of more conservative Sangheili states, although that has yet to be substantiated.

SANGHEILI// Most intel here originates from ground contacts, but sensors have assisted with validation. The primary issue with the Sangheili is that of discordant cultural symmetry. It is difficult to assess military growth across several dozen active colonial vectors all with disparate political structures. Nevertheless, any and all visible military activity appears to be internecine in nature.

NOTE: A cluster of Sangheili frontier worlds saw a sudden and anomalous convergence of unregistered ships, largely cruisers of varying classes according to a handful of remote relays stationed nearby. By the time sensors were deployed, the ships were gone. The relays can’t assess numbers or strength, but the readings we have indicate that this wasn’t an expeditionary voyage or something tied to a single state. It appears to have been much larger.

/END FILE/

bs angel could be better at bs-ing things. That seemed really short.

In my opinion it was a wasted bulletin. Sure the hidden text is cool but overall the community has a number of questions that are still going unanswered but we get repeat details in bulletins?

What of LE controversy, what of assault, what of rank etc?

nillapuddin

Take out the garbage...

âPNG
IHDRùìî,¶.IDATx⁄Ïù·q⁄0Äï∞Œ—ˇaú
¬0A¬Å H' ùÄl›Ä˛o.ŒÕTØ-•∂eådàÙ}wÆÈŸ
$9ÂÀ{O÷≥πÿGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEl6
†IZÚœÁ‰r¢w˜
xd˙#{œ‘'∆öȇ4Èu?
>øfÜé•€IrÀ6"úE§+≤65/◊:æ1t‡≠¶”≤ıÙˆ¢_.ÕˆSˇ∆–ÅÈ¥\m#Z≤wËN2|‡#“›Ë≠]pÏñ·“%5è‘ñ.+9∂b¯¿πtzñ˙(≥’Ç√_>2{’\ÎÌq/˙
¥êD:®Öı:ùπ&72@#ë¿{§ÎϨ>Cß™tC≥ê^!‹Ùö©ÚÎsUITŒ"Bût_Èß–O‘tÄtHHÄtÄtHHÄtÄtÄtHHPüCB∑ì$ ˝
Ù§É2Ü™°Gì^ÅÙ
gA¶‹fl≤ê!î·ıñ“+4““AúâæπuË“GARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGE6ÈR≥πÈÄÙ
ßèt+_õ∏ÉbÈÃS5ùäßÎB§“+ ““ “¡ôBÁ±ssL–üétߨßw≤]ôΩl€œ÷}”««ÊëjG0ë™oˆ©Â-"fl\øo•≈Àê™Hñ±ÆÃæ]ÛK
UÄmaHÁ6M¶Êµ+ǨÎêÓ0¡⁄;ȱøWáπFÑ£¶ã¥€¨◊‡∑Ö:ÉE:?µò-Ç≠‘˚•ë"âµpO°és+b¡í=¡|E±≠dfldØeZõ:pYpæÃV«!è}+"…‰}„9äGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEÂJñS.Jæˇ(‰
&#8730;&#8212;Hß&#8212;sÂÔÉì3#&#376;&#732;<&#8230;rX®&#8218;Gr=ò[&#8220;}l·&éÖÀ&#710;"Yv&#8225;&#339;íYß1ÅV&#8225;¬I
ª=ïd{?ã§&#710;&#730;g´±E&#8747;:µõ&#8230;rÍ&#8230;y&#8230;)&#8221;
iÈ>&#937;SHñmÁ%ÚØc{ÏFË&#8220;eMKñ&#8730;ºD~IßAK'&#8800;A:&#8220;(3[Ãíl7 &#8250;©&#732;À4ei5C&#8747;&#8776;;&#8212;$FÍ&#8230;Y&#8230;)Ú&#63743;&#8224;"Ñvu?¬Id]îúeZE:ø,,&#8805;Êh.è ]3Qnnô5?ÖºòètÕ
7T´2i&#8776;>NHÁN8&#8364;&#8225;Ë&#8221;*&#8220;&#960;Æmô8Q,Ê#]&#8805;á&#402;íVß
&#8220;GARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGEGARBAGE&#960;äreø&#8226;p@ZE:W¬&#376;:GÑ®Ûë&#338;ØpIÖâ&#8730;ö&#339;&#8211;@:&#9674;u\&#376;`Iß#Ü È\E9&#8364;`&#8220;*&#8220;9n®ÏÌÔ&#8212;.Ê#ù{·$&#8747;Õ,ßëVë&#338;ôp&#8706;&#8225;-&#8222;{&#8240;ê&#338;UÍ&#8719;ßPü)átÕG9[0iÈØ&#8222;Ûë&#338;Y&#8721;®pÍCÏ=rHÁ&#8706;éK,Á»§Å&#8776;|§k¨é#&#8800;"]&#8222;u=r5&#8225;
°à&#305;Î8YÃ&#305;9r}&#8221;&#8804;UJ&#8250;f§&#730;üYÖ:ÓwZ
x
ReÔjIGz&#733;7 I
7¨p*ã&#728;§W'¬% &#64257;&#8721;M´ìá&#8224;jmzètÓ®&#8804;ÆÏù&#728;fB¥&#8482;&#63743;«y¥t§W&#305;ß]©J
3e1&#711;xêÓù*OΧGÈú÷r&#8706;ÓÛë&#338;)IÖsËëC:ßÿñ&#8734;ËëC:Á&#8805;&#8706;u&#8230;¨ç¥ät&#64257;D<Ûë&#338;k¥ìÎo&#8364;&#8747;M&#710;z&#8240;¸¿&#8776;·ø&#8218;Iä&#937;d$àtÄtHHÄtpÆ&#8805;&#9674;n'&#376;0@§§pö^wy~Õ. &#8220;&#8220; &#8220;&#8220;&#8220; ÄShWá&#8260;t;&#8230;Ú¿&#8721;\#KJz&#8220;+&#8230;&#305;ÅÁ/ëé&#8218;&#8211;{Î&#8747;èÙ
ßÈÈÈêêÈÈêê"&#8240;øe0ûkD:mad::Äc&#960;ÿl»¶&#8211;,øxíïì&#8710;± rIENDÆB`Ç

props to my friend karl

edit:
for what yet? I dont know.
but hes onto something...

GhaleonEB

Skulls in Campaign: yay!

The same ones used from Halo 3, ODST, and Reach: not so yay.

Glad they're back but this is a space that's begging for some iteration. Four games of the same ones in a row is making them feel token now.

Omni

Glad they're back but this is a space that's begging for some iteration. Four games of the same ones in a row is making them feel token now.

It still annoys me that we don't have to find them.

At least CEA had some new ones. Blah, not only are they all unlocked from the start but they really are straight from Halo 3.. Such a weird choice.. I would have loved for some hard to get skulls like Bandanna or Grunt Funeral again..

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Code:
‰PNG

IHDR      “   ”,¦  .IDATxÚìáqÚ0€•°ÎÑÿaœ
Â0A	H' €l ݀þo.ÎÍT¯-¥¶eŒdˆô}w®éÙ$9åË{OÖ³¹Øl6
 IZòÏçär¢w÷xdú#{ÏÔ'Æšéà4éu?>¿f†Ž¥ÛIrË6"œE¤+²65/×:¾1tà­¦Ó²õôö¢_.ÍöSÿÆЁé´\m#Z²wèN2|à#ÒÝè­]pì–áÒ%5Ԗ.+9¶bøÀ¹tz–ú(³Õ‚Ã_>ð2{Õ\ëíq/ú
´D:¨…õ:¹&72@#‘À{¤ëì¬> C§ªtC³^!Üôš©òës UITÎ"Bžt_é§ÐOÔt€t HH€t€t HH€t€t€t HHPŸC B·“$Êý
ô¤ƒ2†ª¡G “^ô
gA¦Üß²!”áõ–Ò+4ÒÒAœ‰¾¹uÌÜÒ6éR³¹é€ô
§t+_›¸ƒbéÌS5Š§ëB¤Ò+   ÒÒ   ÒÁ™Bç±ssLПŽt§¬§w²]™½lÛÏÖ}ÓÇÇæ‘jG0‘ªoö©å-"ß\¿o¥ÅːªH–±®Ì¾]óK
U€maHç6M¦æµ+‚¬ëî0ÁÚ;鱿W‡¹F„£¦‹´Û¬×à·…:ƒE:?µ˜-‚­Ôû¥‘"‰µpO¡Žs+bÁ’=Á|E±­dßd¯eZ›:pYp¾ÌVÇ!}+"Éä}ã9ŠåJ–S.J¾ÿ(äÃÑH§Ñså3#Ù÷<ÉrX¨âGr=˜[Ò}lá&Ž…Ëö"YvàϒY§1VàÂI
»=•d{?‹¤öûg«±Eº:µ›ÉrêÉyÉ)Ó
ié>½SH–mç%ò¯c{ìFèÒeMK–üD~I§AK'­A:Ò(3[Ì’l7ÊÝ©÷Ë4ei5Cº Å;Ñ$FêÉYÉ)òð "„vu?ÂId]”œeZE:¿,,³æh. ]3Qnn™5?…¼˜tÍ7Tå«2iÅ>NHçN8ÛàèÓ*Ò¹®m™8Q,æ#]³‡Ä’V§Ò¹Šre¿¥p@ZE:WÂÙ:G„¨ó‘ίpI…‰ÃšÏÐ@:×u\Ù`I§#†	é\E9Û`Ò*Ò9n¨ìíïÑ.æ#{á$ºÍ,§‘V‘Ιp¶à-ã{äÎU긧PŸ)‡tÍG9[0ié¯ãó‘ÎY·¨pêCì=rH綎K,çȤÅ|¤k¬Ž#­"]ãu=r5ࡈõë8YÌõ9r}Ó²UJÝf¤ûŸY…:îwZ
xReïjIGzý7ÊI
7¬p*‹ù¤W'Â%ÊÞ·M«“ ‡ jmzt®ìùfB´ªðÇy´t¤Wõ§]©J
3e1ÿxî*Oë¤GéœÖr¶îó‘Î)I…sè‘C:§Ø–°è‘C:糶uɬ´ŠtÞD<ó‘Îk´“ëoÛºMözäüÀÅá¿âIŠ½d$ˆt€t HH€tp®³×n'Ù0@¤¤pš^wy~Í. ÒÒ   ÒÒÒ  €ShW‡Út;ÉòÀ·\#KJzÒ+Éõç/‘ŽâÐ{뺏ô
§é é é  é é "ä¿e0žkD:@:€c¹ØlȦÐ,¿ x’•“Ʊ	r    IEND®B`‚

Top Bottom