• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

The Blind skull will be kind of funny in the context of Cortana's dialogue after Chief wakes up.

Cortana: "I took the liberty to upgrade your firmware while you were under."
Chief: ".....Yeah, well done there."

Done, Got it. Like it said, remove the garbage. Just open the image in notepad++ and carefully remove each line manually. Make sure that you dont screw up the formatting or put in any unnessesary spaces/characters
classified2.png

wwm0nkey

Can someone post all 3 symbols that we have seen so far?

Its obvious it connects like a puzzle but lets see if any of them connect so far.

Oh right, Forerunner glyphs. Not sure why that went over my head... Anyway. I haven't been paying attention to the marketing. Have there been more of these or?

There has been maybe 3 or 4 others so far, Might have to go dig them up though. Chances are they are 50 something pages back though :\

Done, Got it. Like it said, remove the garbage. Just open the image in notepad++ and carefully remove each line manually. Make sure that you dont screw up the formatting or put in any unnessesary spaces/characters
classified2.png

Awesome job! Now who has the other symbols that have been found? if I recall, there was a "C" and a "3".

Awesome job! Now who has the other symbols that have been found? if I recall, there was a "C" and a "3".

I am wondering now, What does the dot in the corner stand for. BS Angel would have kept out as much unnecessary stuff as possible to keep both the file size and amount of characters in the raw file down. The fact it's in there means it has to stand for something.

..Maybe its the first character of what we're looking for?

Why does the image break when I try cleaning it up?

The other:

Try it in notepad++. You have to manually remove everything carefully one at a time. What I did was I removed the top Garbage text, saved it as classified2.png. Then I checked to see if it still worked, then I did the next and repeated the steps till it was all gone.

Also make sure that you keep the formatting in tact, ensure that you add no extra characters nor spaces as it will screw up the image.

We need at least 2 more symbols. None of those 3 connect; based on the frequency these are appearing, though, I expect we will end up with more than 5 total.

blamite

I'm gonna guess the newest letter is the first, since it's left edge seems too simple to be an actual puzzle piece. Since none of the other two connect to anything directly adjacent to them, and there's no right edge to match the left one, there are probably more than 5 letters total.

What! No hidden skulls in campaign, that's really to bad :/. Finding them was always such a fun part of the campaign for me, and unless I am mistaken seems like an incredibly easy thing to place in each level.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What! No hidden skulls in campaign, that's really to bad :/. Finding them was always such a fun part of the campaign for me, and unless I am mistaken seems like an incredibly easy thing to place in each level.
There will be other easter eggs and hidden stuff. I'm guessing 343 (And Bungie with Reach) see customization options as fundamental to campaign, and didn't want to lock players out of those options.

It'd be nice if finding the secret stuff in Halo 4 did unlock some kind of gameplay-altering stuff, though. I like having to earn things, sometimes. I remember the sense of satisfaction when I unlocked all the cheats in Goldeneye 64 when I was a kid.

Ramirez

Place your bets.

Mine's on
343CHAKAS

That is like the only redeeming thing out of Primordium, I wish you guys wouldn't just throw it around like nothing. =\

That CTF match on Exile was excellent, it's a shame we can't get direct feed vids from 343 like this every week from their play test sessions. That said, I can't wait to get my hands on this game.

No Bandana skull sucks, I haven't unlocked it in CEA yet, but it sounds awesome, shame it isn't returning. Speaking of CEA, the 30 minute Legendary run of the Library, how?! I'm assuming Bandana & just chucking frags and running? I made it out of the control room in Two Betrayals & called it a night, that game seriously kicks my butt on Legendary.

Tactical Package:
Grenadier: Increases grenade carrying capacity

Support Upgrade:
Explosive: Increased grenade blast radius with decreased damage against

Liking this combo, but do we know if the increased grenade capacity means you start with the full set or do you still only start with 2? It's not worth it unless you're starting at full, or unless grenades are easy to come by -- and from everything I've heard the latter isn't true.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Liking this combo, but do we know if the increased grenade capacity means you start with the full set or do you still only start with 2? It's not worth it unless you're starting at full, or unless grenades are easy to come by -- and from everything I've heard the latter isn't true.

I used that on King of the Hill. I got 3rd place lol. I believe every spawn you have 3.

I used that on King of the Hill. I got 3rd place lol. I believe every spawn you have 3.

I could see that being perfect for KotH, yeah... mostly though I just love nades in Halo. Stickies especially -- sticky grenades are still my #1 favorite thing about Halo.

Top Bottom