• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Swarmerr

Idk, but the more that I watch halo 4 gameplays the more excited I get to play with all the new additions.

Infinity slayer seems like it might be really fun to play with being able to call in ordinance and stuff. At the very least i will be able to get my own power weapons because in previous halo games I would always just let my other teammates pick them up.

Karl2177

why are you guys so against making your own teams? If you suck then why are trying so hard to win? if you're doing it for fun then who cares what team your on? I don't get it. just do a losers bracket if you want to keep playing after you get stomped out of the first 2 rounds.

Imagine the Colts won the Super Bowl every year. Who's happy? No one. The Raiders who play for fun are losing every game. They aren't having fun either.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So who is interested in organizing a league? Tashi, monster, kittens, Ram, myself, who else?
I'm not sure if I'd prefer a league or a tournament yet. I'm leaning towards it, but I'd like to hear what other people think about the two options first.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Imagine the Colts won the Super Bowl every year. Who's happy? No one. The Raiders who play for fun are losing every game. They aren't having fun either.

But this is why season and leagues are better in our situation. It's more about the ride on a week to week basis rather than one match.

I wish there was a way we could do divisions like American League and National League. I mean, we could and just separate each league randomly. Then best of AL vs best of NL in the world series best of 7.

As a Colts fan I'd be happy.

Tashi said:
I wish there was a way we could do divisions like American League and National League. I mean, we could and just separate each league randomly. Then best of AL vs best of NL in the world series best of 7.

Halo-NL doesn't use Sprint? No Designated Sniper?

Swarmerr

But this is why season and leagues are better in our situation. It's more about the ride on a week to week basis rather than one match.

Yo for this tournament do you think you guys could put up youtube videos of all the matches. Would be really cool to watch in my opinion.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I look forward to playing Halo 4 for a month without Uncaged before some cunt remakes it. "It plays great guys!!!"

Thermite

2v2
No random teams
Mix of Infinity Slayer and Slayer Pro, or just Infinity Slayer
Best of 3/5 per match
Separate North American and European Leagues
Solace, Haven, Abandon and maybe Relay
You have one week to complete your match and report back
8 match season
Top 8 teams make playoffs based on record. Any ties in record to go 1 game playoff.

This is just off the top of my head so feel free to pick it apart and offer suggestions. Figured someone would need to get it started.

Make it 4v4 and take out Infinity Slayer, and I might be interested.

Booties

Banned

million dollar salaries beg to differ. Tashi is right. divisions, leagues, playoffs. i don't want to be one and done as much as the rest of you guys, but I want to be on my own team.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yo for this tournament do you think you guys could put up youtube videos of all the matches. Would be really cool to watch in my opinion.

I guess it's possible. We could make a unified youtube channel and give access to those with capture cards to upload and catergorize. Would be a fuck ton of films though

Make it 4v4 and take out Infinity Slayer, and I might be interested.

Lol fuckin troll

Tawpgun

2 v 2 or 4 v 4 I don't give a fuck, but let the teams form themselves imo. The HaloGAF tournament last time, not to sound rude, ended up being a carrying competition. The Halo Community Tournament was so good because everyone on the team could hold their own at that level of play.

We could even do different divisions and self regulate. There will be a pro leet skillz division, and a normal division. Or more.

Talents

Banned
2 v 2 or 4 v 4 I don't give a fuck, but let the teams form themselves imo. The HaloGAF tournament last time, not to sound rude, ended up being a carrying competition. The Halo Community Tournament was so good because everyone on the team could hold their own at that level of play.

We could even do different divisions and self regulate. There will be a pro leet skillz division, and a normal division. Or more.

I think it'd be fairer if teams weren't formed themselves imo, if that does happen, all the best players could make a team and dominate the tournament, it would be no fun for the less skilled players then.

MrBig

so this is interesting to watch

iHakJC2yXtXUl.jpg

With multiple divisions, we'll say 3, I figured the better players would bubble to the top. Then, the good players will have closer matches and the lower tiers won't be dominated.

Fuchsdh

We're talking about another tourney? Have we apologized to the poor sap who attempted to herd us together for the last one first?

Thermite

Lol fuckin troll

u w0t? I'm being serious. 2v2s always come down to who can hold the power weapons at the best spot on the map the longest, it's just a campfest. And as far as Infinity Slayer goes, that's the type with jetpacks, turrets, forefunner vision, ordinance drops, and all of that other goofy shit, right? That doesn't really seem like the best gametype for competitive Halo....

Tawpgun

I think it'd be fairer if teams weren't formed themselves imo, if that does happen, all the best players could make a team and dominate the tournament, it would be no fun for the less skilled players then.

That's where the divisions come in. After teams are formed, we will all agree upon (or some kind of tournament committee) where to place each team.

ONE MORE THING.

This might cause some controversy but we can't let just anyone on GAF join. They need to be somewhat of HaloGAF regulars/classics. Last tournament there were a bunch of just random people I've never seen post in HaloGAF before.

They exist? I thought they became ghosts of Peytons past. ;)

I've been a fan of them since I was a kid, when they were winning 4 games a year, and then during the Harbaugh days. I've seen some dark times, but as a fan you gotta stick those out.

Do love Peyton, though.

Swarmerr

I guess it's possible. We could make a unified youtube channel and give access to those with capture cards to upload and catergorize. Would be a fuck ton of films though

I guess it would be a lot of work, maybe have the quarters, semis and finals all on youtube??

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is it just duncan who can let people in the fb group? I left awhile ago (don't use the site nearly enough), and it'd probably be easier to communicate if I was in there.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I like where this is going.

Edit : lol, I didn't know you weren't in it anymore, Fracas. It says you have to request an invitation for me to invite you... :-|

Hmm, I dunno, I welcome the challenge. I would know going in that Tashi/Plywoods team would probably be better than mine, but that would just make me want to beat them more. No one on this forum is THAT much better than anyone else. *shrug*
Let's be honest though, Plywood is pretty damn good, but Tashi is a mediocre player.
damnit, now i'm hungover.

Worth it, every time.

One thing others have brought up and I agree with is we should consider is separate Euro and America brackets for tourneys/leagues.

Do series of 8 player FFA games, and take the K/D spreads of everyone and pair people top to bottom... best player paired with worst, 2nd best with 2nd worst, etc

Tunavi

Banned
Tournaments are too complicated too schedule

It would be cool to make teams and challenge other teams and keep official records and standings without a schedule.

I'd love a 2v2 or 4v4 tournament thing! But as people said before, it's better to first do a Europe v Europe and US v US league so the times will work out better.

Top Bottom