• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

orznge

Banned
You need to check your calendar, I remember playing Containment with nothing but SMG, and I know Containment didn't come out 6 months after it released.

My post had nothing to do with Halo 4, I just grow tired of seeing people lick the nuts of Halo 2 like it was some sort of perfection in disc form. The game was a glitch filled mess that had the most offensive cheating in MM the series has ever seen.

Like I said though, when the inevitable H2 remake comes out and you guys can flock back to it, I eagerly await the bitching of the BR that does nothing to people off host on large maps, a PP that would literally curve around objects to hit you, and good ole fashioned BXB melee battles.

Yea, I remember people super jumping to the top of Zanzibar with the snipers, people flying to the top structure of WW with snipers, the game generally being so laggy in BTB it was laughable to try and take it seriously, among other things. Let's not forget the attic of Terminal, great design there.

The 2nd half of that post has to be the best joke post in a Halo thread in a while, thank you.

what immediately comes to mind for me is:
  • ending TS games on zanzibar with like 20 kills with the stupid wall/beach setup
  • foundation
  • driving people off of the cliff on waterworks

Ken

So that you don't need to modify them during the game?

I've always viewed loadouts as something you should prepare for before entering games, like having one loadout be a counter against vehicle heavy teams and another against (insert AA) heavy teams, not as some tool of convenience. If you go into a game without a certain loadout to counter something, it's your fault. Being able to modify loadouts whenever kind of devalues that.

When everything looks like a carrot, you end up with a surplus of sticks

I don't understand this saying.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Spartan Ops: Mission Crimson - http://youtu.be/OzLRPzEpPbY

"Hey guys, Jazzy here"
robot.jpg

lol :p

FyreWulff

You're crazy, man.

In all seriousness, when everything is driven towards an unlock system, you end up with everything looking like something to entice players to customize and level up to obtain.

Hence the silliness that emblems are now locked, loadouts get locked away, redundant weapons just so players can 'customize', etc

I'm still irritated that I can't have my old emblem back until I level up enough. I finally got the Wolf part back last night, but now I have to wait for the Fire background, and I have no idea why.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You need to check your calendar, I remember playing Containment with nothing but SMG, and I know Containment didn't come out 6 months after it released.

My post had nothing to do with Halo 4, I just grow tired of seeing people lick the nuts of Halo 2 like it was some sort of perfection in disc form. The game was a glitch filled mess that had the most offensive cheating in MM the series has ever seen.

Like I said though, when the inevitable H2 remake comes out and you guys can flock back to it, I eagerly await the bitching of the BR that does nothing to people off host on large maps, a PP that would literally curve around objects to hit you, and good ole fashioned BXB melee battles.

Yea, I remember people super jumping to the top of Zanzibar with the snipers, people flying to the top structure of WW with snipers, the game generally being so laggy in BTB it was laughable to try and take it seriously, among other things. Let's not forget the attic of Terminal, great design there.

The 2nd half of that post has to be the best joke post in a Halo thread in a while, thank you.
This post brings a tear to my eye. Beautiful.

I'm getting the 'The Halo 4 servers are not availible. Please try again later etc.' error. Is there a workaround/fix for this yet? My friends have no issues.

J10

Banned
So new Spartan Ops episode continues to demonize Halsey, great...

They're setting her up to be the Josef Mengele of the Halo universe. She's the one that eventually and kills Chief and Cortana and destroys the universe and gets reborn as Durandal.

malfcn

Any one know if matches still get taken from DXP if you are at the cap?
Also, I unlocked some stars for the dog tags, but I don't know how to use them?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just played a couple games of Reach to compare to 4.

The shooting and overall feel of the combat feels much better in 4, but Reach has that Halo feel that I'm just not seeing in 4. I miss normal weapon spawns especially.

Those posts about all the Halo 2 glitches, besides bringing up some interesting memories, make me wonder just how similar the development of it and 4 were. 343 probably didn't rewrite the game engine half way through, but the same kind of super crunch that Bungie had to make a holiday release wouldn't surprise me.

Enfinit

So I reached SR-50, and I went to go figure out what specialization I wanted to go into. Only Wetwork and Operator were available. I bought the limited edition, entered in the code, and before I was an SR-50, I could see all of the specializations (although they were locked). However now it won't let me select any outside the starting two.

One of the main reasons I purchased the limited edition was early access to specializations. What gives, 343i.

malfcn

A bug?

My friend is wearing a helmet (from war games?) and has the eagle emblem. When you click on his service record it has the recruit helmet and dog tags. He says he bought the pass, but why different on two screens?

def sim

So I reached SR-50, and I went to go figure out what specialization I wanted to go into. Only Wetwork and Operator were available. I bought the limited edition, entered in the code, and before I was an SR-50, I could see all of the specializations (although they were locked). However now it won't let me select any outside the starting two.

One of the main reasons I purchased the limited edition was early access to specializations. What gives, 343i.

Any extra unlocks I have are buggy, too. You've probably tried this, but a reboot usually fixes it for me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
2 matches in a row, pistol literally doesn't work for me. No reticle, and it doesn't fire.

Welcome to Reach Halo 4.

Enfinit

Any extra unlocks I have are buggy, too. You've probably tried this, but a reboot usually fixes it for me.

Surprisingly no, I haven't tried that yet. I slogged to SR-50 this morning and once I got to it, I saw that my specializations aren't unlocked. Just turned off my Xbox in frustration and haven't turned it back on since. Hopefully it'll be corrected when I play later tonight.

Also, awesome avatar. Just recently started watching Boardwalk and I'm halfway through season one as we speak. He's my favorite character in the show (especially after I found out he was the guy in Men in Black III). Very, very good so far.

Top Bottom