• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

That because all the Halo fans already abandoned the game.
ibwqOYSmqNb07y.gif

Trasher

Seriously just had two JIP Dominion games where before I could EVEN spawn my team lost.

Now I JIP into a game and it was stuck on "Starting Game" score shows that Blue Team(Which I'm on) is up by 30, scoreboard then shows red bar and then me and several randoms all get tossed from the game and are searching for another.

Sounds like you are enjoying yourself friend.

I believe playing by yourself is still a huge problem sadly. :(

Gazzawa

I mentioned earlier about the reward system or I guess feeling rewarded is almost non existent here. So much useless crap. Non of the stuff really switches up how I play the game. Especially on objective gametypes. Other Big budget games do this much better most recently mass effect multiplayer. Loadouts in that game are a tough decision sometimes because you have to commit to a playstyle. I hope my point comes across.

I mentioned earlier about the reward system or I guess feeling rewarded is almost non existent here. So much useless crap. Non of the stuff really switches up how I play the game. Especially on objective gametypes. Other Big budget games do this much better most recently mass effect multiplayer. Loadouts in that game are a tough decision sometimes because you have to commit to a playstyle. I hope my point comes across.
If Halo 4 was as strict about its loadouts as other games, it'd turn it into a rock/paper/scissors class based game. I actually like how loose Halo 4's system is, and how AAs and support options don't necessarily change things up so dramatically.

In those other games if I run into an enemy vehicle but I haven't picked the anti-vehicle class I'm screwed. I have ZERO options. With Halo 4 its rare to run into a situation where you have zero options, regardless of your loadout.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sounds like you are enjoying yourself friend.

I believe playing by yourself is still a huge problem sadly. :(
I want to punch holes into walls.

It's one thing to play by yourself, but to "play" and to encounter the dumbest shit on earth before I can even actually PLAY the fucking actual videogame just make me go something something.

IHaveIce

Banned
Just a tip for everyone, never go in to the man cannons on Adrift if the game doesn't run smooth, they are suicide machines.

What a netcode

Pop

Ordnance weapon spawns at the start of matches are the same but after that it's random, right?

Also we need static primary weapons on all maps. Ammo doesn't last long.

Akai__

I would upload it to my youtube but Twitch changed the way it cuts clips from rebroadcasts. Gotta figure out a new way of doing it.

Don't know which software you are using for streaming, but XSplit lets you record your stream session on your PC, while streaming. Normal version = .flv and Pro version = .mp4

Just thought, you might want to know this.

Ordnance weapon spawns at the start of matches are the same but after that it's random, right?

Also we need static primary weapons on all maps. Ammo doesn't last long.
At least there should be "generic primary loadout weapon ammo" interspersed on the map. I think it would get messy having BR, DMR, LR, AR, and the other shit all spawned on the same map to accomodate all loadouts.

Pop

At least there should be "generic primary loadout weapon ammo" interspersed on the map. I think it would get messy having BR, DMR, LR, AR, and the other shit all spawned on the same map to accomodate all loadouts.

Maybe

Having ammo crates on each map could also work.

Maybe

Having ammo crates on each map could also work.
I was thinking maybe *any* ordnance drop could refill a portion of your ammo automatically, separate from whatever you selected to drop in. It would basically work like an ammo crate but it'd be tied into the ordnance system.

Why don't you just pick up weapons from dead enemies?
But this is what I do. Or call in ordnance to switch weapons. And when I'm out of everything? Look for a vehicle or turret.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Don't know which software you are using for streaming, but XSplit lets you record your stream session on your PC, while streaming. Normal version = .flv and Pro version = .mp4

Just thought, you might want to know this.

ehh I use Adobe Flash Media encoder. Thanks though. But it's not that big of a deal.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
If you JIP a game as it's ending, why would you back all the way out and try JIP again? Just start the next match.

Most of my games are solo, and I still have fun, usually.

orznge

Banned
So, Forge is stagnating. The greatest community tool Halo has seems to have been cast to the side for H4, and there hasn't been much discussion about it beyond basic complaints from most people. Not enough time, not knowing where to take it, not knowing what creators need, focus on other projects, not caring; whatever the reason was it doesn't matter.

I'm posting this to give some insight into where I would like to see Forge taken in the future, hopefully others will jump in and voice their thoughts to show 343 what they want, because why not help them and ourselves out, in getting what we need to foster the amazing creations the Halo community is known for? There's so much untapped potential here and I don't want to see it fade into the background

fw2ajzf4.jpg

Forgeworld 2.0 as I envision it. A large island with some interesting scenery, with potential for all sorts of small areas around the shore, edge of the mountain, and the interior of the mountain to be made into useful areas; water and lava can be used to create hazards and interesting interactions with the environment.

fw2detrmlrv.jpg

For the actual toolset, I've compiled some things from the community's and my own wants, things that will make creating amazing things not only easily possible, but quicker, beautiful, and more accessible.

I encourage people to add to this and discuss things; let 343 know what you want so you can help Forge be all it can be. Hopefully they will listen if enough people weigh in.

quote this every page until Halo 5 is released

Play alone
Join game in progress that is about a minute til the end of the game.

Fuck.
You ever play any of the previous Halo games where members of your team dropped out of the match? Well every time you JIP into a Halo 4 match, you are 'that guy' who is jumping in to help balance things out. Its a good thing.

Maybe I just don't have the obsession with score in every last match. Internet gaming is imperfect - at least JIP gives players a chance of better games overall.

Gazzawa

The honeymoon is over and the salt has returned. Some of the stuff you guys have described regarding JIP makes the game sound broken.
Damn 343 graphics can't be ya only hustle...

Akai__

Silky smooth even.

Because that team lost, why would I play with losers?

Love how we predicted, that this is going to be the case. Those network tests haven't been tested quite enough and I bet it was tested in 1-3 countries with good connections.

Actually, I don't want to complain, but it's just frustrating sometimes. It's not like lag is the only problem with this game.

Hope the lag problem will be fixed soon.

If you JIP a game as it's ending, why would you back all the way out and try JIP again? Just start the next match.

Most of my games are solo, and I still have fun, usually.

I got into one last night that was only half-way over with the other team sporting two banshees, died right on spawn as soon as I come in. Only 2 left on my team. Had some people in my party but they failed to join in this game. Left. Rejoined friends. Start it up again, same game.

JiP is broken.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I would love to see that from third person but it barely looked like you where moving, guy you where playing against must have just sucked.

Nice jump at the start though!

Lol I did watch it from third person. Each of his shots went like too far to the other side. It was pretty hilarious.

Also, that jump/ledge is a fantastic spot. If you jump while you're there, you'll show up on the radar as if you're at the same elevation as the guys in that high hall. So those nerds who camp there with charging boltshots really get thrown off.

Enfinit

Searching solo in Halo 4 is like walking down an empty alley at night in Compton wearing nothing but a stack of hundreds over your dong.

You ever play any of the previous Halo games where members of your team dropped out of the match? Well every time you JIP into a Halo 4 match, you are 'that guy' who is jumping in to help balance things out. Its a good thing.

Maybe I just don't have the obsession with score in every last match. Internet gaming is imperfect - at least JIP gives players a chance of better games overall.

I don't have a problem with JIP as a whole. But when it puts you in as "that guy", to a team that is getting completely crushed, with about a minute left in the game...why even bother? You'd think there would be a "time left", or point difference filter for JIP, but no.

I don't have a problem with JIP as a whole. But when it puts you in as "that guy", to a team that is getting completely crushed, with about a minute left in the game...why even bother? You'd think there would be a "time left", or point difference filter for JIP, but no.
Do it for Frodo.

Yeah, Let me try taking the weapon 5 meters far from me while avoiding enemy fire.
You can't be serious. How is that any different than running to a spot on the map where that ammo would be in previous games? Oh no, I have to run to top DMR on Powerhouse to grab more ammo while avoiding enemy fire, THE HORROR.

Everyone and their mom spawns with a precision rifle in this game and almost everybody is using DMRs, which is y'know the best one. Halo 4 has a lot of problems, but this is hardly one of them.

You can't be serious. How is that any different than running to a spot on the map where that ammo would be in previous games? Oh no, I have to run to top DMR on Powerhouse to grab more ammo while avoiding enemy fire, THE HORROR.

Everyone and their mom spawns with a precision rifle in this game and almost everybody is using DMRs, which is y'know the best one. Halo 4 has a lot of problems, but this is hardly one of them.
So far, I find I do much better with the BR. Something about the DMR feels slow to me, and I only use it on large maps.

aFIGurANT

The problem is evident in campy big maps where you can't ever stop being 2 meters from cover because everyone is sitting in scopes waiting for your dumb ass to try moving to ammo or the hill (ragnorok). Ammo goes fast when you are constantly fighting opponents who scurry away after taking any damage. Small maps and objective game types where you die easily don't suffer so much.

JackHerer

I just got lag switched in a CTF game. Watching the respawn screen the whole game as the killed us all multiple times and capped the flag 5 times in a row. From my point of view they were driving vehicles but I couldn't see the players.

I sent one of them a message about their obvious cheating and he replies with "lol, you jelly bro?"

Such bullshit.

Top Bottom