• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I just got lag switched in a CTF game. Watching the respawn screen the whole game as the killed us all multiple times and capped the flag 5 times in a row. From my point of view they were driving vehicles but I couldn't see the players.

I sent one of them a message about their obvious cheating and he replies with "lol, you jelly bro?"

Such bullshit.

Keep the video and report them

You can't be serious. How is that any different than running to a spot on the map where that ammo would be in previous games? Oh no, I have to run to top DMR on Powerhouse to grab more ammo while avoiding enemy fire, THE HORROR.

Everyone and their mom spawns with a precision rifle in this game and almost everybody is using DMRs, which is y'know the best one. Halo 4 has a lot of problems, but this is hardly one of them.

I use the plasma pistol and the assault rifle.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I just got lag switched in a CTF game. Watching the respawn screen the whole game as the killed us all multiple times and capped the flag 5 times in a row. From my point of view they were driving vehicles but I couldn't see the players.

I sent one of them a message about their obvious cheating and he replies with "lol, you jelly bro?"

Such bullshit.

That blows.

BTW, do you have the same avatar as Bornstellar?

The problem is evident in campy big maps where you can't ever stop being 2 meters from cover because everyone is sitting in scopes waiting for your dumb ass to try moving to ammo or the hill (ragnorok). Ammo goes fast when you are constantly fighting opponents who scurry away after taking any damage. Small maps and objective game types where you die easily don't suffer so much.
Okay, but in older Halo games you'd still have to venture off to get ammo if you ran out. Ever run out of DMR ammo in Reach BTB? The best way to get more ammo has always been from dead enemies.

Havok

Playing this game solo, even just to jump in for a bit when I don't have much time for team playtime, is such a horrible experience. Say what you will about the issues Reach had, but I could hop into Rumble Pit or one of the half dozen Team Slayer playlists and get a decent game going. When I'm alone, Halo 4 can't seem to put me into a game with even teams (or even find us players to fill the empty spots on my team later in the match), it can't find a match with a decent connection, it can't find a match where one team isn't totally blowing out the other, sometimes it just flat out can't find a match at all and I get stuck on the "Setting Up Game" screen until I dashboard out. When I play with a few other people, those issues mostly evaporate (so I totally understand it when Ram says he has none of those issues), but going in with a team isn't my normal experience, especially in adulthood. Maybe once the issues are patched it'll all be great, but my patience for those things is very rapidly wearing thin. I don't know about this game sometimes between the bug issues, the Join in Progress issues, and some of the more misguided (from my perspective, at least) design decisions.

aFIGurANT

Okay, but in older Halo games you'd still have to venture off to get ammo if you ran out. Ever run out of DMR ammo in Reach BTB? The best way to get more ammo has always been from dead enemies.

Yeah it's too easy to compare to halo 3 or Reach and that's the problem playing the game. But in reach I felt like I could run sprint and get around safely in BTB to do whatever. At least in iSlayer, on big maps at least, it's like running around hotspots in a military shooter. Snipers everywhere and people just waiting on you.

Yeah it's too easy to compare to halo 3 or Reach and that's the problem playing the game. But in reach I felt like I could run sprint and get around safely in BTB to do whatever. At least in iSlayer, on big maps at least, it's like running around hotspots in a military shooter. Snipers everywhere and people just waiting on you.

No. Let's not start this.

Well, that's the problem.
I'm not sure I understand the problem here.

People are running out of ammo for their primaries so they want static map pickups of primary weapons to replenish ammo like in older Halo games. Now you're saying that's the problem?

What do you want? Magic ammo crates falling from the sky to replenish all your ammo no matter what primary rifle you chose?

I couldn't disagree more. There's a reason why people consider Hemorrhage a terrible map for infantry (or just terrible in general). The entire middle of the map is basically No Mans Land, you'll get pinged by Snipers and DMRs if you even attempt to venture out anywhere beyond the edges of the map.

def sim

I've been using this dumb KOTH app to get the Locus helm since someone posted a thread about it over at the gaming side. With the least possible amount of effort, >30 sec a day, I'm only now getting that armor piece.

#dothedew

Now that I am playing with friends from my area the game is a lot more fun. Netcode needs improving but I think when the netcodes solid the game is pretty decent.

Why does Waypoint have to open a new page to show me my Halo 4 stats? Completely unnecessary and pretty annoying. I know it's a petty thing but it still sucks.

I've been using this dumb KOTH app to get the Locus helm since someone posted a thread about it over at the gaming side. With the least possible amount of effort, >30 sec a day, I'm only now getting that armor piece.

#dothedew

beIG0.png

Saatvl.jpg

Havok

Why does the ball take a full fifteen+ seconds to reset if it is thrown off the rear of the sunny Solace base?

0ivXN.jpg

(sorry about the quality)

Also, I guess there's no way to keep the HUD in freecam in Halo 4 Theater? I had to find an enemy player near this shot, stick to him, and then luckily he died so it removed all of his HUD but the ball icon. He insta-respawned before the ball actually reset, so it was down there a little longer than the picture shows.

The sooner screenshots go to Waypoint, the better.

GhaleonEB

Alright, let's try a game of CTF.

Game skips voting round. Bad sign.

I hear "The enemy has your flag!" the second the game starts.

The scoreboard has the other team at something like 300-40 in terms of points scored.

I spawn and see they have both Mantis on the hill.

I do not enjoy this.

Ken

Alright, let's try a game of CTF.

Game skips voting round. Bad sign.

I hear "The enemy has your flag!" the second the game starts.

The scoreboard has the other team at something like 300-40 in terms of points scored.

I spawn and see they have both Mantis on the hill.

I do not enjoy this.

Sounds like JiP working.

Top Bottom