• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

More questions.

How physical is Cortana?
How can she steal the index (or did she download the codes) and things like that?
And how does she seem to be able to interact with everything?
As physical as a realdoll by the end
Looking back at the Two Betrayals opening cutscene I don't even know where it physically goes once Chief inserts it into the panel
Because story contrivance

Regarding the AR, I have been able to dominate with it but haven't been killed by it too often. For now I would say to leave it as is.

More questions.

How physical is Cortana?
How can she steal the index (or did she download the codes) and things like that?
And how does she seem to be able to interact with everything?

No clue
Cut/Paste
Interacts with the datastream, then based on her databases would translate it from x to human.

So Master Chief is Netto and Cortana is Rockman.exe.

I await the spinoff Halo Battle Network for 3DS.
Yessss

Tawpgun

This is a very minor annoyance but... Prometheans can teleport everywhere... Yet they always attack you head on. Must be that halo honor I guess

I'm never playing regicide again. 27 kills an I lost by 5 points to some dude with 17. The game punishes you for winning.

Dumbest gametype ever.

Cant believe that stuff.

Also were playing Meltdown and I say "one shot on the rocks"

THE WHOLE FUCKING MAP IS ROCKS. WHO MADE THIS GARBAGE?

DesertFox

My goodness the global ordnance system drops WAY too many power weapons. I swear at one point on a Dominion match, EVERYONE had a power weapon! I've died from Rockets more times in 2 days than I did in a month in Reach.

The rate at which global ordnance drops in Dominion needs to be scaled back drastically.

This is a very minor annoyance but... Prometheans can teleport everywhere... Yet they always attack you head on. Must be that halo honor I guess

I've had the Scattershot wielding ones teleport behind me on Legendary and one shot me.

Havok

sltPoison: I think I'm right there with you, though I think I enjoy the game more than you do. Halo 4 is gorgeous as long as you're looking in the right places, but it really made me appreciate how Bungie refused to budge on that really esoteric stuff even when it wasn't going to blow peoples' minds, though Reach's framerate didn't care for their decisions too much. It gave their games a sense of real, obviously not faked scale that I think is largely absent (except for mission 6, where the backgrounds are 3D) in Halo 4. What gets me even more than the jpeg backgrounds is how aggressive the LOD system is. On mission 8 you can be shooting enemies that you can see but are actually behind geometry that just hasn't drawn in yet. It's unacceptable.
Battlewagons will teleport behind you if they get the chance. It's a total pain in the ass.

haha holy shit. Like, it is honestly a joke if you think 343 created better skyboxes than Bungie. Let's use Halo 2, that is right, TWO as an example. In Halo 2, that environment way out there, yeah, that is REAL geometry. Let me try that same thing in Halo 4, oh that's right, I can't climb up a pixelated image that is a sad excuse for a mountain.
Yeah. Halo 4 still looks like shit game on a 7 year old hardware. Resources had to be saved somewhere else. And 90% of the Halo community does not try to run on the skybox geometry. But I can imagine that we will see geometry back in Halo 5...

Ken

Replace blade with second Binary Rifle.
Teleport far away.
Fun.

It would have been neat if Promethean weapons could transform on the fly into different weapons, kind of like the gun in Vanquish. Seems like a waste to work on the Promethean weapon assembling animation only to have it show up once a playthrough.

willow ve

Had a fun moment in campaign. A Prom Knight teleported and I couldn't find him. Then I notice there's an enemy above me according to radar. Look up and there's a Prom Knight pretending he's an ODST dropping in from orbit. I had to zoom in with a DMR to see him at first.

A) Where was his fall damage?
B) I would show the clip to everyone.... but....

Dumbest gametype ever.

Cant believe that stuff.

Also were playing Meltdown and I say "one shot on the rocks"

THE WHOLE FUCKING MAP IS ROCKS. WHO MADE THIS GARBAGE?
It really is. I'm glad I tried regicide so at least I know to never play it again. And dominion is heavies. I had an incineration cannon and walked over to two more to pick up more ammo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, 343. What's the deal with the AR?

main-qimg-5d1adfb82f416c908d1da4b9bd36eea3.jpeg
Can't let the most iconic weapon in the series shine for once huh?

Computron

I have horrendously bad framerate slow down when I'm playing Dominion. Not sure what's causing it because it doesn't happen all the time. Maybe a bad connection?

Same, as well as in BTB.

I am currently trying to get Ragnarok again at 480p, just in case something is wrong with my new xbox's HDMI.

Pretty sure everyone is. Some people just are framerate ignorant.

Yea we tried Dominion but it kept ending in like 1 minute after donging so hard.

I have no framerate issues at all. The game runs buttery smooth for me. I have many issues with H4, but lag is not one of them.

Not doubting those who do have lag issues, but I haven't had any.

I have framerate problems every now and then. But for the most part it's been surprisingly stable.

But lag can get pretty bad sometimes.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, another problem. I got a LAN starting in two minutes but two of the consoles won't connect. The consoles are connected, all have Disc 2 installed, all have the day 1 update. I can see the other consoles on the active roster, but the players have a padlock next to their name. Only two of the four consoles are having this issue...

Also, not everything's unlocked in custom games. Loadout options and stuff.

What about the Iron Skull?

I have not used that. Without checkpoints, wouldn't that just reset the entire mission? There's a line between encounter to encounter challenge and punishment, and resetting the entire mission on death would make me play so cautiously none of the experimentation I throw into combat would come into play.

Heh, you guys are crazy.

Now tell me where I can buy a Game Genie that will let me activate skulls in Spartan Ops, because right now there doesn't seem to be that option in the menu.

Okay, another problem. I got a LAN starting in two minutes but two of the consoles won't connect. The consoles are connected, all have Disc 2 installed, all have the day 1 update. I can see the other consoles on the active roster, but the players have a padlock next to their name. Only two of the four consoles are having this issue...

Also, not everything's unlocked in custom games. Loadout options and stuff.

Are the 360s both updated themselves?

Computron

I am very sensitive to framerate misses, but I never had anythign like this in any other halo...
It is pretty consistently sub 30 (Not by a lot, some times up to ~5fps i'd say.) throughout BTB on ragnorock when looking toward the majority of players.

Even the menu UI misses the 30fps target.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Heh, you guys are crazy.

Now tell me where I can buy a Game Genie that will let me activate skulls in Spartan Ops, because right now there doesn't seem to be that option in the menu.

Wait, what? There are no skulls in Spops?

Ugh, chuck that in the big list of things they should probably include in their first patch.

Also I wanted to start calling stuff out but oh YEA theres NO WEAPONS ON THE MAP

At least put some basic weapons or ammo refills somewhere!

Computron

WTF, I just had a glitch where the reverb from an explosion continued on for the duration of the match, effecting all sounds, even UI clicks.
Now that I am in the menu, its stopped, but from what I have seen so far, Halo 4 seems rather glitchy...

Top Bottom