• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Fracas

#fuckonami
Forge feels better than Reach, at least from a very casual forger's perspective.

I have a neat idea for Impact, trying to build it now.

Didn't some people say they didn't want JIP because they liked the challenge of being down a man on their team or at times being 1v4? So some of the complaints seem weird to me. It is shitty that the game will just straight up match you unevenly and start you off like that, as opposed to people dropping out or anything. That definitely needs to be fixed.

willow ve

• Host switch Ordnance issue: I requested a Saw and the second after the host switched and the game was back up my Saw was gone.

It's fun when you get a ordnance, call it in, then host switches and you get a re-roll of the ordnance dice. In which you invariably get worse options...

Karl2177

It's fun when you get a ordnance, call it in, then host switches and you get a re-roll of the ordnance dice. In which you invariably get worse options...

Or when you call it in, pick it up as the host changes, and suddenly every ordnance spot on the map plus where you called in the ordnance shows what you called in and it stays there for the whole match. I already thought there was enough stuff on the screen...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
"That was close, that was fun"

-KyleJ's thoughts on Infinity Slayer

Season 3 is Spring right, as usual.

game-of-thrones-season-3-premeire-poster.jpg

Get Hype

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Forge feels better than Reach, at least from a very casual forger's perspective.

I have a neat idea for Impact, trying to build it now.
But only from a casual forger's perspective. It's a step back in a lot of other respects, and fails to break any new ground.

There was a big post making the rounds in these threads earlier, but Forge has stagnated and it's the biggest feature Bungie/343 have failed to capitalize on, for what could otherwise be amazing.

Dreaver

I am really liking Halo 4 so far. The game DOES have some issues but they are not huge. Armor abilities are actually fun and not dumb like in Reach. It's all pretty balanced. A few things I'd like to see change:

- SEARCH FILTER, I can not stress this enough(!). This is one of the few things that pisses me off. I get in a lot of laggy games (I have very high speed fiber, so it's not me) and 90% of the time I'm in games with people from the US who have host (I'm EU), which gives me a HUGE disadvantage and makes DMR battles way harder to win.
- Games starting with UNBALANCED teams, 4v1 is bullshit, I have no problem with JiP, but starting with uneven teams isn't.
- Make it possible to move while looking at the scoreboard.
- Nerf the rifles with long distance (it ruins BTB).
- Nerf Boltshot (less charged time, less range (melee range?)).
- Buff Concussion Rifle (it sucks right now)
- Buff Promethean nades, they suck hard right now.
- Buff vehicles, especially the Warthog.
- Slightly improve Overshield, it's hardly worth picking up.
- Thrusters Pack could use a little buff.
- More maps (add a FEW GOOD forge maps to the rotation).
- Add a 'X' when someone is dead (just like previous Halo's).
- I'd personally like more playlists (FFA, Team Doubles, Team Snipers, BTB Objectives and see Oddball/KOTH/CTF merging).
- Show deaths on scoreboard.
- I have no problem with camo, but camo + sniper combo is bullshit.
- KOTH on Ragnarok is boring, I'd like to see it disappear.

Apart from that I'm pretty happy with the game.

[edit] my opinion is based on 90% Infinity Slayer and about 10% KOTH/FFA thing.

Iv said it before but id love the Nifle to be in Halo 4.

BR-Carbine
DMR-Nifle

Id also like to see brute weapons make it back into the mix.

Brute Shot
Mauier
Spiker
Spike Nades

Akai__

speed boost is pretty good though

Does speedboost increase the thruster boost? 'Cause I saw a guy flying out of the map and I think he had speedboost.

---

RE Ordnance:

I had the same problem, like Plywood with a Railgun.

Global ordinance has also some problems, like not showing you, what the drop is, 'cause the icon is missing or it shows you Spartan Laser's everywhere. Weird stuff.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why are nades even in personal ordnance drops? Shit's like getting a toothbrush when you're a kid trick or treating.
Because without a specific perk you don't pick up grenades automatically now.

I still go for grenade pickups, and I actually like that change to Halo better.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Because without a specific perk you don't pick up grenades automatically now.

I still go for grenade pickups, and I actually like that change to Halo better.

Personal ordnance, not global. I pick up nades on globals too. But who in their right mind would select one for a personal drop?

Sordid

Had a crap night on this tonight, when things go wrong the issues are glaring. I know Frankie said it'll take a while for host data to build up but surely it doesn't take long to figure out that matching me, in Scotland, against people in Mexico, South Africa and Japan isn't a good idea? Instead of getting better my games have gotten laggier as time has gone on.

Starting a game with less players than the other team and your team never gets filled? That sucks too.

As does spawning into a Ragnarok game against a party of 8 who already have both banshees and mantes surrounding your base :(

On a positive note I've started using the light rifle and it feels awesome, can't wait to get the flinch perk thing though 'cos it seems quite jumpy.

GhaleonEB

Okay - you're right, in Reach Commendations didn't unlock items in the armory.

However, I guess I was making two separate comments - one, that I don't know what unlocks what, and two, that Commendation progress is really opaque. In Reach, I knew at a glance where I was on my way to the next level, and what the next level was.

The way information is organized on Waypoint is incredibly convoluted. With Reach, information I wanted was typically about two clicks away. I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate Waypoint. You'll get to a page, and then have to open something from the right, then scroll to a sub section and drill in....
  • Host switch Ordnance issue: I requested a Saw and the second after the host switched and the game was back up my Saw was gone.

I called down ordnance in a game today, and then after I picked it up, the "Incoming...." waypoint directed me to that same spot, until I was killed a while later. Was kind of obnoxious.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Wow, Halo 4 is so much better with a team.
I called down ordnance in a game today, and then after I picked it up, the "Incoming...." waypoint directed me to that same spot, until I was killed a while later. Was kind of obnoxious.
Another issue I have is that just about no matter where I call it down to it always seems to spawn where it pleases.

Tawpgun

Ordnance is really laggy and I think host dependant.

Sometimes ill see that yellow circle around where its supposed to hit. Sometimes not.
Sometimes I won't see an indicator on the HUD.
A LOT of the times it will drop someplace I wasn't aiming at all.

However, I guess I was making two separate comments - one, that I don't know what unlocks what, and two, that Commendation progress is really opaque. In Reach, I knew at a glance where I was on my way to the next level, and what the next level was.
Sorry, i've been doing some actual work, at work, lol, and I've not been paying attention to Gaf. I haven't seen many good pages with that information to be honest.

IGN's guide has been somewhat helpful, though:
http://www.ign.com/wikis/halo-4/Armor_Customization

The commendation levels are as follows, but not every commendation progression has 7 levels (some are less as far as I know):

Levels

1. Novice
2. Proficent
3. Adept
4. Qualified
5. Expert
6. Distinguished
7. Master

In Halowaypoint, under commendations, you'll find a lot of the relevant stuff if you expand the "+ View All Player" commendations tab. Also, I was wrong about my assists. I'm not even close to master yet lol. Derp!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Has anyone else had inconsistencies with the needler?

The whole string of games we just played the needles wouldn't track for shit for me.

We're not teammates

And wtf my stream turned on while we were playing there. lol weird.

Wow, Halo 4 is so much better with a team.

Another issue I have is that just about no matter where I call it down to it always seems to spawn where it pleases.

Sorry about the raging, I'm not used to getting shit on that badly.

Enfinit

I made this point earlier in this |OT|. I'm glad that commendations now mean something, whether that means unlocking in-game armor and emblems or simply being a goal that's now achievable (compared to some of Reach's commendations). However, there needs to be a collective place (on Waypoint or other), that details every commendation, the levels or each, how many values in each level, and what each commendation unlocks.

The Prima strategy guide details what's unlocked from commendations (in the case of armor and emblems), however it would still be nice to know the complete values of each level (and perhaps the way to earn each commendation).

Fracas

#fuckonami
Has anyone else had inconsistencies with the needler?

The whole string of games we just played the needles wouldn't track for shit for me.

Sorry about the raging, I'm not used to getting shit on that badly.

A couple times. Although I think it was because I was using it from too far away.

Top Bottom