• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Just made a symmetrical version of Solace in Forge. I got ride of the bases as initial spawn. Instead, I used the sides. At least those are symmetrical.

Heh, I've been playing around with the same thing. Built a giant wall between the two sniper roosts to block the middle/gravlift and force players out to the side.

Rev3rb

I was killed by a global ordinance today.

Halo 4.

1Hheq.gif

Buy new Halo game.

Tweaks until it becomes old Halo game.

Finally fun.

This.

Actually planning to go play Halo 3 right now anyway lol.

Thats not a knock on Halo 4, its a great game, just that I have more fun with the older ones.

Where can one get this?

Party leader had it which was pretty nice, I just threw it on my file share if you want it. Havent tested it much but I am loving the 4sk

Gray Man

Banned
I dont understand why people think thruster needs a buff.... it works great. I feel like people want it to be like evade... and we all know how that goes.

This.

Actually planning to go play Halo 3 right now anyway lol.

Thats not a knock on Halo 4, its a great game, just that I have more fun with the older ones.
It kinda makes me wish that Reach and 4 never came out, or at least didn't have multiplayer and instead kept adding maps for 3. I just want the highest pool of Halo players possible in one game. Then we can all communally bitch about bullet reg.

I dont understand why people think thruster needs a buff.... it works great. I feel like people want it to be like evade... and we all know how that goes.
It doesn't need to be evade's ability to use twice in one charge and roll across the entire map. It's just underwhelming when you have wall hacks, camo on demand, and quicker shield regeneration that thruster needs more creative uses to get the most out of its 3 foot movement with slow recovery.

Akai__

Where are you guys getting all theses codes from?

Ghaleon has actually only 2 codes, but didn't someone drop like more then 20 codes lately?

I think it was FyreWulff.

Edit:
I'm giving away most of the codes from my LE, and from the LE version of the Halo 4 guide. Which I forgot I had ordered. I'm giving the entire guide away closer to Christmas. :)

Ah, I see. Always wondering, why people are giving away so many codes.

GhaleonEB

Ghaleon has actually only 2 codes, but didn't someone drop like more then 20 codes lately?

I'm giving away most of the codes from my LE, and from the LE version of the Halo 4 guide. Which I forgot I had ordered. I'm giving the entire guide away closer to Christmas. :)

Edit:

Male and female avatar Spartan IV armor:

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
This Ghaleon fellow, He's really nice.

Much love,
some random dude who still doesn't know the residents of HaloGAF

FyreWulff

KVQTH-V7F4G-2VM7Q-P6YGJ-6XRVZ
YTKGR-RJ7CW-7JWP6-3Q77V-QWF6Z
RFWRY-DRFDW-WCCHH-H7JF6-HFHKZ
YDF4H-CRF9F-9DC4H-QWR66-K4M2Z
WQCQT-YF3TP-QQKM2-K6VCF-RXF4Z
JH63F-Q32CD-326KD-XPJMC-2KXGZ
RXV9K-DX69W-32C7C-VXWTD-377QZ
JHM3C-GC4FC-MHXMX-22THJ-7VWDZ
KHXVG-7YQ4G-6CVH4-VFV4Q-QYDGZ
KHPQX-3J7F7-T7YV4-FQV3P-VHH7Z
MXHQP-2Q4K9-4HXR4-9M346-D49HZ
4QGWW-JCGFP-JQF6X-CPFXP-P4GHZ

Rev3rb

KVQTH-V7F4G-2VM7Q-P6YGJ-6XRVZ
YTKGR-RJ7CW-7JWP6-3Q77V-QWF6Z
RFWRY-DRFDW-WCCHH-H7JF6-HFHKZ
YDF4H-CRF9F-9DC4H-QWR66-K4M2Z
WQCQT-YF3TP-QQKM2-K6VCF-RXF4Z
JH63F-Q32CD-326KD-XPJMC-2KXGZ
RXV9K-DX69W-32C7C-VXWTD-377QZ
JHM3C-GC4FC-MHXMX-22THJ-7VWDZ
KHXVG-7YQ4G-6CVH4-VFV4Q-QYDGZ
KHPQX-3J7F7-T7YV4-FQV3P-VHH7Z
MXHQP-2Q4K9-4HXR4-9M346-D49HZ
4QGWW-JCGFP-JQF6X-CPFXP-P4GHZ

Thanks, got the Haven Theme

I thought these Tactical Packages and Support Upgrades were going to be "subtle" tweaks to your gameplay? I'm perfectly fine with weapon loadouts and even the existence of AA's (except Camo), but I could really use more playlists that keep everything else the same.

They essentially made many aspects of Halo weaker so that we could choose these mods to bring our Spartan IV up to speed on past Halo games.

*Key - <3 CP = Would like as default feature for Classic Playlists

Tactical Packages:

• Ammo - Should not affect Ordnance Drops (Personal/Global). <3 CP
  • Awareness
  • Dexterity - <3 CP
  • Drop Recon - Would like as default feature for ALL Playlists, especially if Ordnance Drops are to remain random.
  • Explosives - <3 CP (Maybe)
  • Gunner - <3 CP
  • Nemesis
  • Ordnance Priority
  • Sensor
  • Stability - Would like as default feature only on Snipers as it would help with the DMR.
  • Stealth - <3 CP
Support Upgrades:

• Mobility - <3 CP (Maybe, only because I'm of the belief that H1 could've benefitted from sprint due to fast kill times, coupled with the slow-down mechanic)
  • Shielding - <3 CP (Maybe)
  • Resupply - <3 CP
  • AA Efficiency - Makes AA's like they belong Reach.
  • Grenadier
  • Firepower - <3 CP
  • Fast Track
  • Requisition
  • Wheelman - <3 CP

When I put <3 CP, I'm saying these things should all be base traits in a Classic Playlist. This would make Halo 4 more reminiscent of a faster Halo and eliminate some random elements that many don't find sexy in a Halo multiplayer.

Halo 3 compared to Halo 4 just from a mechanical point of view is pretty interesting, shields feel like they recharge a lot faster, strafing comes into play a lot more and BR battles feel more interesting. How one dimensional DMR/ BR battles feel in Halo 4 is probably partly why I am getting bored of it so quickly. The individual encounters just dont exist to the same degree they did before.

I dont know the figures on shield recharge times on the different games, but I think its the thing that makes the biggest difference for me. Halo 4 has faster base movement (it feels like), but a slower shield recharge speed, which is a weird combination.

Tunavi

Banned
why would someone lurk halogaf right now, frankie isn't here anymore and we're all pretty boring people

edit: guy below me is a moron

Halo 3 compared to Halo 4 just from a mechanical point of view is pretty interesting, shields feel like they recharge a lot faster, strafing comes into play a lot more and BR battles feel more interesting. How one dimensional DMR/ BR battles feel in Halo 4 is probably partly why I am getting bored of it so quickly. The individual encounters just dont exist to the same degree they did before.

I dont know the figures on shield recharge times on the different games, but I think its the thing that makes the biggest difference for me. Halo 4 has faster base movement (it feels like), but a slower shield recharge speed, which is a weird combination.
That is one thing that I forgot to add to my earlier list of things I'd like to see changed.

Tawpgun

It needs a buff.

It doesn't need to be evade's ability to use twice in one charge and roll across the entire map. It's just underwhelming when you have wall hacks, camo on demand, and quicker shield regeneration that thruster needs more creative uses to get the most out of its 3 foot movement with slow recovery.
Basically my thoughts. Thrust actually felt really good in campaign, but for whatever reason it sucks in MP. I guess Spartan IV's are fat. Literally, its ONLY purpose is to stop momentum and change directions midair.

I think I'd rather have the ability to go invisible, look through walls, have the extra mobility and map breaking ability of the jetpack, have a save me shield, deploy a hologram etc etc etc etc.

The thing is useless when used on ground. It goes at walking speed. I think you FEEL like you can dodge grenades easier when in reality just strafing away would accomplish more or less the same thing.

Also ban/nerf boltshot please and ty.

kingkitty

Just got the game yesterday, lol didn't realize Halo multiplayer was 8 gigs, had to clear out so much space :(

anywho me and my friends played the first spartan ops episode, I really didn't find those Prometheans enjoyable to fight at all, it was a real slog. Especially those dudes with the swords and the flying robot thing, on heroic setting we got murdered left and right.

Anyone else frustrated that the needler supercombine now works even when you're still shielded? It's not much of a problem in MP, but I raged quite a bit in campaign. The first time it happened I almost threw my controller against the TV. This is goddamn bullshit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anyone else frustrated that the needler supercombine now works even when you're still shielded? It's not much of a problem in MP, but I raged quite a bit in campaign. The first time it happened I almost threw my controller against the TV. This is goddamn bullshit.

Seek anger management.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Your momentum should influence the Thruster Pack. That would give it the necessary buff it deserves without breaking it.
This is the issue with it, it carries its own momentum. If you try and use it to make a jump you normally couldn't it will carry you down. If you try to go faster up a lift with it, it will carry you down and kill the lift's momentum.
Just use the needlers against them, works on everything very well.

Abdozer

At least you didn't punch a hole in a wall like I did because of pre-TU Reach bloom.

Seek anger management.

I obviously exaggerated for comic effect. I did not actually have to restrain myself from throwing my controller.

Just use the needlers against them, works on everything very well.
Yeah, but the ammo burns through so fast that I rarely get more than 3 kills out of it.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but this is my least favorite needler yet, even though it is the most powerful.

And return it to glorious first person.

YES. I want to love thruster, I really do. But apart from the hunter fight in the campaign, it's useless.
While we're at it: after the end of the thrust, you slow down to a crawl. How about being able to continue walking at full speed instead of this awkward pause.

Top Bottom