• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Not really happy with the way this one came out. Posting it anyway. Requests?

ibhgzbb7qRfuPk.png

mhi

Still won't touch Flood and Regicide.

I would like to request more maps like Haven. I like line of sights.

Just got the game yesterday, lol didn't realize Halo multiplayer was 8 gigs, had to clear out so much space :(

anywho me and my friends played the first spartan ops episode, I really didn't find those Prometheans enjoyable to fight at all, it was a real slog. Especially those dudes with the swords and the flying robot thing, on heroic setting we got murdered left and right.
Spartan Ops episode 1 did not go over well with most of halogaf, and is really not a good gauge of the Promethean enemies in campagin in my opinion. Having said that, a lot of people thought they were in fact underwhelming in campaign as well, but I enjoyed them quite a bit.

Camo is the worst. THE WORST!

I agree, promethean vision is a strong second place though. Promethean vision literally turns every wall In the game into a shield door. It slows the game down and makes it pretty boring.

Jetpack and sprint have ruined the map design.

Right now I actually don't mind Hardlight shield, but it should only be strong enough to really stop one attack, it shouldn't be a complete barrier. I mean like it should get worn down a lot quicker by gunfire

Thrust, regen and sentry havent bothered me yet.

Fixed.

Seriously, I think AA's have hurt rather than helped game, especially the map design. Can't think of a verticle map and I imagine that's down to the Jetpack more than anything.
Bobs just hit another home run with this assessment. Think about how much map design has suffered simply because devs have been trying to shove AA's into the game. I can't imagine what a pain it is trying to design maps with all these crazy whack AA's. So many unnecessary changes to the game imo. You have the blueprint to make the most incredible game ever and you trip over AA's instead.

EDIT:
I agree, promethean vision is a strong second place though. Promethean vision literally turns every wall In the game into a shield door. It slows the game down and makes it pretty boring.

Right now I actually don't mind Hardlight shield, but it should only be strong enough to really stop one attack, it shouldn't be a complete barrier. I mean like it should get worn down a lot quicker by gunfire

Bobs batting for the cycle tonight!

Say what you want about the AAs, but sprint is fucking fantastic. I never want to play a shooter without sprint anymore.
I remember trying to reach the other base on valhalla or sandtrap by foot... *shudders*

It may not seem like much for flat-out competitive maps but all these new Forge options are overwhelming. I know we may not have some of the basic stuff that would have been preferable such as multiple palettes per map but the Dominion structures, team-specific trait zones, etc. as well as having multiple labels per each individual item makes me think that in the long run 4's going to have some ridiculous possibilities similar to the jumps Halo 3 Forge made during its lifetime.

Tawpgun

It may not seem like much for flat-out competitive maps but all these new Forge options are overwhelming. I know we may not have some of the basic stuff that would have been preferable such as multiple palettes per map but the Dominion structures, team-specific trait zones, etc. as well as having multiple labels per each individual item makes me think that in the long run 4's going to have some ridiculous possibilities similar to the jumps Halo 3 Forge made during its lifetime.

RIP infection variants

How can someone not like nintendo.

Not so much not like, more like don't really care. I loved my N64, only played smash with my friends gamecube, wii sucks, and drunk mario party is fun.

By nerfing them.

Jetpacks should be double jump, that would be awesome.

Yup or

Super+mario+sunshine+mario+fludd+rocket.jpg

Stuff like PV or camo can't be properly nerfed, it will always be OP.

They should actually make both of those into Powerups. Camo should return to its former glory and PV should turn into a permanent PV that lasts the same time as the other Powerups or until you die.

^Would seriously love for those two things to happen. PV as a Powerup actually makes a lot of sense.

Karl2177

So technically they can allow flag dropping/revert to classic settings? I'm not exactly sure how megalo works...

Welcome back 1-Sided objective?

Assuming that they can script the flag drop, yes. I wonder if the pistol is also attached to the flag object or if they can create a flag object without one.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Stuff like PV or camo can't be properly nerfed, it will always be OP.
And the thrusters are seriously shit tier, I'd rather have no AA than thrusters as it is now.

This makes no sense at all. haha

There are many ways both can properly be nerfed, PV has to do with the allowed distance it shows enemies and camo can easily be the player popping out of camo when firing off rounds or fully popping out when a single shot hits them.

All of which could be done in code.

This makes no sense at all. haha

There are many ways both can properly be nerfed, PV has to do with the allowed distance it shows enemies and camo can easily be the player popping out of camo when firing off rounds or fully popping out when a single shot hits them.

All of which could be done in code.

I'm not sure that there is a distance at which PV is balanced. Unless it stops three feet in front of your face, seeing through walls is always going to be OP, as it allows you to aim exactly where the other guy is going to emerge.

As for camo, if a single shot hits you, it's over anyway. I have never let an enemy with camo survive once my first shot made contact, unless he killed me first.
Sure, you could nerf it to the point where it's useless (see: Halo 3 Beta Camo), but there is really no sweet spot for it as an AA.

GhaleonEB

I can imagine. There's really no incentive for a player to be the huge fucking target.

I get what they were going for. Pro: get a big bucket of points. Con: giant target on your back.

I think I'd like it better if who was king rotated - whoever got the king kill is the new king, rather than the point leader. It sucks dying, spawning, and realizing I still have a giant target on my back. It's punishment for being ahead.

Operator is the coolest looking one though
It makes me a bit sad cuz i like the armor, but have no use for the specialization. Will probably go wetworks to help negate PV and the accidental assassination animations that happen about 50% of the time when I try to just melee someone quickly in the back.

I get what they were going for. Pro: get a big bucket of points. Con: giant target on your back.

I think I'd like it better if who was king rotated - whoever got the king kill is the new king, rather than the point leader. It sucks dying, spawning, and realizing I still have a giant target on my back. It's punishment for being ahead.

Isn't what you are suggesting basically juggernaut?
+1 for bringing that back

GhaleonEB

Isn't what you are suggesting basically juggernaut?
+1 for bringing that back

Not really, since you can still score (and win) by killing the non-king players. with Juggernaut you could only score by killing the Juggernaut. I actually prefer Regicide since I just spend the whole game picking off players distracted by the King icon.

Top Bottom