• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Ryaaan14

Banned
Karl, your avatar has a really obvious fix so I thought I'd do it for you.

HtEKw.png

2xFOs.png

chdJ9.png

Hello There, Racist!

Why dont they just bring back FUCKING FFA.

Noone EVER said "FFA is broken"

Sure weapons didnt need to spawn in the beginning cause it gave to much of an advantage to a player spawning near a power weapon but besides that theres nothing inherently wrong with FFA.

Change for the sake of change. Stupid.

Sure weapons didnt need to spawn in the beginning cause it gave to much of an advantage to a player spawning near a power weapon but besides that theres nothing inherently wrong with FFA.

yea its strange that ffa was not in.got to wonder if they had no time or something. cod has it and they seem to like that game.

Pop

So I've been playing Domination lately and spawns have been horribly bad. People spawning directly behind me. UAV's constantly in the air, air crafts raining down bombs 24/7. It's hard capturing points sometimes.

Tawpgun

Its just not a playlist. It should still be available from team settings right? Is it possible to disable teams?

Not really, since you can still score (and win) by killing the non-king players. with Juggernaut you could only score by killing the Juggernaut. I actually prefer Regicide since I just spend the whole game picking off players distracted by the King icon.

Oh right, it's been a long time since I played juggernaut the last time (Halo 3 era).
I like your idea better than juggernaut.

Edit: Got a mail from Amazon, asking me if I would like to purchase the Halo 4 Hornet figurine. Yeah, that's right. Halo 4. Hornet.
Another point on the '343's unforgivable sins' list.
Oh Hornet. I'll never forget the fun we had together on Avalanche. :'-(
Even though it was the gimped version without missiles, there was simply no stopping me in that thing.

We totally need a playlist for each number vs number. From 1 through 8.

1v1 - Lone Wolves
1v1v1v1v1v1 - Regicide
2v2 - Team Doubles
3v3v3v3 - Multi Team
4v4 - Infinity Slayer / Slayer Pro / Team SWAT / Team Snipers
5v5 - Team Objective
6v6 - Dominion
7v7 - Big Team Infinity Slayer
8v8 - Big Team CTF

IHaveIce

Banned
We totally need a playlist for each number vs number. From 1 through 8.

1v1 - Lone Wolves
1v1v1v1v1v1 - Regicide
2v2 - Team Doubles
3v3v3v3 - Multi Team
4v4 - Infinity Slayer / Slayer Pro / Team SWAT / Team Snipers
5v5 - Team Objective
6v6 - Dominion
7v7 - Big Team Infinity Slayer
8v8 - Big Team CTF

no :( I want Multi Team back to 2 persons per team :(

DeadNames

Banned
So I've been playing Domination lately and spawns have been horribly bad. People spawning directly behind me. UAV's constantly in the air, air crafts raining down bombs 24/7. It hard capturing points sometimes.

BlOps 2 talk now eh?

I really can't stand lag compensation. Stupidest thing ever. And some of the maps (ie Plaza) are just so bad. SO BAD. Zombies also feels a bit lackluster. TranZit is not worth it.

True, but everyone pretty much said whoever hangs back and mops up is the winner. Great design there, right?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
How can someone not like nintendo.

N64, Gamecube, Wii.

All hot garbage.

N64 soured me with the drought inbetween games.

Zelda was the last saving grace for me, then windwaker came out, the worst Zelda in the series. Fishing for the triforce with minimal dungeon crawling is NOT "Zelda."

The bossfight was good though.

Nintendo definitely lost its way after the Super nintendo.

Hopefully a month after they make the game better. So people who like bad games cant get a million xp ahead of me.

I already feel behind as hell. Everyone is fucking 50+ now.

N64, Gamecube, Wii.

All hot garbage.

N64 soured me with the drought inbetween games.

Zelda was the last saving grace for me, then windwaker came out, the worst Zelda in the series. Fishing for the triforce with minimal dungeon crawling is NOT "Zelda."

The bossfight was good though.

Nintendo definitely lost its way after the Super nintendo.

I agree in terms of snes being their best butg N64 had some great classics even if it wasnt in bunches. PD,goldeneye,OOT,conker,banjo all high quality. gamecube was decent too with resident evil and metroid prime. wii on the other hand is where things got iffy.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I agree in terms of snes being their best butg N64 had some great classics even if it wasnt in bunches. PD,goldeneye,OOT,conker,banjo all high quality. gamecube was decent too with resident evil and metroid prime. wii on the other hand is where things got iffy.

N64 is a problem when you tell people it sucked because these days most people are young who you have this discussion with.

Anyone who lived through N64 from launch to end knows that game had the WORST droughts in terms of good games. It's easy to look back and say "it had GREAT games", yeah, it did, but the wait for them was fucking brutal.

FyreWulff

Assuming that they can script the flag drop, yes. I wonder if the pistol is also attached to the flag object or if they can create a flag object without one.

Flags were previously done as weapons in the Halo engine, so technically what they did (oversimplifying it) was removed the normal flag object, then made another Magnum and added a Flag to the left hand. If that makes any sense.

They more than likely cannot allow flag dropping via the megalooz because that's how the flag weap is set up now. Classic flag would more than likely return by them patching the classic Flag object into the game. If they do it it's going to be less an option and more than likely a new base gametype.

True, but everyone pretty much said whoever hangs back and mops up is the winner. Great design there, right?

Yea unfortunately they didnt design FFA. So yea...FFA has been a gametype in almost every FPS. Can't even really think of one where it isn't in...

And yea that strategy works so well Hydra. I assume you must just win all your FFA games you've ever played with such a leet strategy, please. Sitting back loses FFA's you fall so behind in kills that way.

Watch some pro FFA and you see how to play, you do your best every single kill and if you're skilled and sharp enough you eventually pull ahead with a lead. Its fast paced and fierce and you don't get to "sit back", because thats pretty much a surefire way to get shit on.

Tawpgun

Yea unfortunately they didnt design FFA. So yea...FFA has been a gametype in almost every FPS. Can't even really think of one where it isn't in...

And yea that strategy works so well Hydra. I assume you must just win all your FFA games you've ever played with such a leet strategy, please. Sitting back loses FFA's you fall so behind in kills that way.

Watch some pro FFA and you see how to play, you do your best every single kill and if you're skilled and sharp enough you eventually pull ahead with a lead. Its fast paced and fierce and you don't get to "sit back", because thats pretty much a surefire way to get shit on.
Preach!

GhaleonEB

The flag talk reminded me of a funny moment I had on CTF Ragnarok the other day, which I just remembered. We were pulling our flag back to base and had it just outside, near the cave. The carrier wasn't paying attention and starts to get assassinated. I run up and melee the dude doing the assassinating...and kill him, scoring a flag kill. Bwah?

My team mate and I look at each other for moment, both confused. Then I start lugging the flag back to base. Apparently when you start to get assassinated, you drop the flag, and I picked it up when I went to rescue him. So there's at least one way to drop the flag and live. Would have done a picture post on it, but alas. Waypoint's not yet up to speed (I think?).

Pop

BlOps 2 talk now eh?

I really can't stand lag compensation. Stupidest thing ever. And some of the maps (ie Plaza) are just so bad. SO BAD. Zombies also feels a bit lackluster. TranZit is not worth it.

BTB talk

Let's just say I first bought an xbox just for Halo 2 after playing at a friends house. I have now been playing COD more over Halo. That could easily change if 343i tweaked H4 to more of a classic style gameplay.

I'm having a blast with Zombies and MP, especially League play.

Flags were previously done as weapons in the Halo engine, so technically what they did (oversimplifying it) was removed the normal flag object, then made another Magnum and added a Flag to the left hand. If that makes any sense.

They more than likely cannot allow flag dropping via the megalooz because that's how the flag weap is set up now. Classic flag would more than likely return by them patching the classic Flag object into the game. If they do it it's going to be less an option and more than likely a new base gametype.

They could just call it CTF Pro or Classic CTF. Hell, make new CTF turn into Infinity CTF and the classic can just be CTF. Then there's the whole issue with fragmenting the playerbases, though.

Offensive Karl or Karl Bias?

Former.

Tawpgun

The flag talk reminded me of a funny moment I had on CTF Ragnarok the other day, which I just remembered. We were pulling our flag back to base and had it just outside, near the cave. The carrier wasn't paying attention and starts to get assassinated. I run up and melee the dude doing the assassinating...and kill him, scoring a flag kill. Bwah?

My team mate and I look at each other for moment, both confused. Then I start lugging the flag back to base. Apparently when you start to get assassinated, you drop the flag, and I picked it up when I went to rescue him. So there's at least one way to drop the flag and live. Would have done a picture post on it, but alas. Waypoint's not yet up to speed (I think?).

There's a way to drop the flag and survive? That's horribly broken. This is the top priority fix for 343 now.

DeadNames

Banned
BTB talk

Let's just say I first bought an xbox just for Halo 2 after playing at a friends house. I have now been playing COD more over Halo. That could easily change if 343i tweaked H4 to more of a classic style gameplay.

I'm having a blast with Zombies and MP, especially League play.

I'm kind of inclined to agree. H4 just feels... stale, for lack of a better word. BlOps 2 feels fresh and new.

kylej

Banned
will HBO finally pull their heads out of their asses and allow people to pay for a streaming GoT season pass? find out March 31st by visiting ThePirateBay.se!

Tawpgun

In 2008, Doritos were promoted by an "out-of-this-world" advertising campaign, literally beaming a 30 second advertisement for Doritos brand tortilla chips into a planetary system 42 light years away. The project was in collaboration with EISCAT Space Center in Svalbard, Norway. The "You Make It, We'll Play It" contest chose the winning advertisement that was transmitted on June 12, 2008. The ad was beamed towards a distant star within the Ursa Major constellation that is orbited by planets which may harbor life.[29]

An ancient evil is going to awaken in 38 years. He's gonna want double XP.

kylej

Banned
jebus I loaded up some h4 to play legendary campaign and it's just plywould and 3 other people playing it. total ghost town. weird.

No im going to be so left ouuuut.

How many seasons are there thus far + how many episodes per season + how long is an episode + I'm not reading the books
2 seasons have aired.
10 episodes per season.
Episodes are an hour.

Easily doable to catch up.
will HBO finally pull their heads out of their asses and allow people to pay for a streaming GoT season pass? find out March 31st by visiting ThePirateBay.se!
Too in bed with nasty binding contracts with cable companies to offer the obvious Netflix subscription model for HBO GO.

Tawpgun

2 seasons have aired.
10 episodes per season.
Episodes are an hour.

Easily doable to catch up.

Too in bed with nasty binding contracts with cable companies to offer the obvious Netflix subscription model for HBO GO.

I'll try. See if I can get into it. Need something to tide me over until Breaking Bad comes back.

GhaleonEB

You're in for a treat with book 3.

I didn't think I'd ever see the day where the BTB playlist has a higher population than standard slayer.

The other day I saw CTF higher than Flood. Nearly fell out of my chair beanbag.

I'm not a fan of the new CTF, but I'm glad to see it's getting played.

Slayer Pro is least populated playlist.

The casuals have been protected. H4 saved the day! Its the best Halo EVAR!

I figured it will be the least populated. I think most halo fans are spreaded. Some are gone and probably arent even gaming anymore,some are on reach,some on halo 3. i don't see the usual regulars here that much anymore either. kind of weird.

Are the Complex/Haven/other glitches getting fixed tomorrow?

Haven glitch?

And no, Stinkles is going to post a paragraph saying how it's not a bug - in player testing, Complex without that glitch room was actually too distracting and provided too much information to the player, and that it's very much intentional.

Top Bottom