• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

FyreWulff

What's the point of "Community Sessions" in the Roster menu? It's just a shortcut popup for what your Party is playing like in other games (aka the most useless menu in the history of Xbox Live additions. Of course I know what my party is playing, that's why we're in a party together)

HiredNoobs wanted a detailed analysis of why Regicide is bad, so I'm going to give it a shot.

The biggest problem is something that people have repeatedly posted evidence of in this thread: the fact that it is possible to completely dominate a match, and still lose to a player you destroyed because he got a bunch of point-laden Regicides, something that is impossible for you to do because you've been the king for the entire match. Someone posted a picture of a prime example of this about ten pages or so back, where they lost to a guy that went -13. Any gametype where it is possible for someone to have a performance that bad and still win is fundamentally broken. This is simply not disputable.

HiredNoobs also seems to have a fundamental misconception of what FFA is supposed to be. It is NOT, and never has been, a gametype based on teamwork and alliances. Neither is one supposed to have any special incentive to pursue the leader above other players, nor to stay alive if one is already the leader. (Seriously, why would one need any extra incentive to stay alive?) It is simply a test of who is the better individual player.
In old FFA, if the leader was a clearly better player than you, you came up with strategies to stay away from him while still working toward 25 kills in a different area of the map. Now, you have to keep throwing yourself at him in the hope of that Regicide bonanza, which when you finally get it will probably be because his shields are worn down by the avalanche of scrubs swarming towards the waypoint over his head.

Much of the game is about leveling the playing field by fucking people over through either randomness or this kind of thing. I'm not really enthused about playing this game much anymore. You can ask people last night how bitter I sound about shit.

What is it with Halo games having shitty netcode? I can't think of any other FPS where you'll get simultaneous headshot deaths. It's such a joke.

Oh, and 343, if you're going to put killcams in this game, make sure they aren't janky pieces of shit. Though I suppose it fits the quality of the rest of the game.

DeadNames

Banned
Though I suppose it fits the quality of the rest of the game.

Was this really necessary?

Now I understand some of us are disappointed with the game (myself included), we can tell that 343 actually cares about it and put their heart in soul into it.

I just hope they're willing to make changes.

HappyCOCOANUTS

Neo Member
Is there anyone here that can help me get my mute ban taken off, or point me in the right direction to get it removed? I got it from playing the MLG playlist in Reach because each team would mute the other team before the game, and I got muted enough to warrant a ban. Thanks.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
What is it with Halo games having shitty netcode? I can't think of any other FPS where you'll get simultaneous headshot deaths. It's such a joke.

Oh, and 343, if you're going to put killcams in this game, make sure they aren't janky pieces of shit. Though I suppose it fits the quality of the rest of the game.

Netcode has been pretty great for me. Simultaneous gun kills have gone done dramatically since Halo Reach in my experience.

I'll agree with the death cams. However, even if they worked flawlessly, I would rather the old system where I can look around my dead body. But that's a whole other issue.

I say they make a social-ranked split but maintain minimal playlists. Social can have rotating gametypes to compensate for lower playlist counts (So for example FFA would have Regicide, King of the Hill, etc.) while Ranked would stick to single gametype (so FFA Infinity Slayer, Slayer Pro, and so on).

Computron

HOLY SHIT.

• German 'Stietzer sounds sick, how do I get him to narrate my game?

• Playing Halo 4 with a mouse+keyboard and getting +25s for snapshots left and right seems like a vicious ordnance-inducing feedback loop. Just imagine how much ammo you could get to sustain your sniper spree. I would feel sorry for anyone playing with controllers, that is, if I could hear them over my "+25 SCHNAPPSCHUSS".

• I wonder what forge would be like with MS+KBD

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i just had a match where a guy charged at me, then did some strange super saiyan animation (autosentry without the sentry?) and i died instantly. wtf. i suppose i should mention it was an insanely lag filled match, so maybe my death had little to no bearing to what i was seeing on screen, but it was strange none-the-less.

Netcode has been pretty great for me. Simultaneous gun kills have gone done dramatically since Halo Reach in my experience.

I'll agree with the death cams. However, even if they worked flawlessly, I would rather the old system where I can look around my dead body. But that's a whole other issue.
I feel like its increased.

FyreWulff

OMG.

• German Jeff Stietzer sounds sick, how do I get him to narrate my game?

• Playing Halo 4 with a mouse+keyboard and getting +25s for snapshots left and right is a vicious ordnance-inducing feedback loop.
    Imagine how much ammo you could get to sustain your sniper spree. I would feel sorry for anyone playing with controllers, that is, if I could hear them over my "+25 SCHNAPPSCHUSS".

Forget every TU suggestion I've made before.

They need to replace Snapshot with SCHNAPPSCHUSS in every region.

edit: ABSCHUSSMASSAKER is one hell of a word

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I feel like its increased.

me too. most of my matches are fine, but over the past day or two i've definitely had some really really bad games. not just "so bad i wont bother trying to snipe" bad, but "so bad i'm pumping my full clip of dmr ammo in this guy running into a wall i hope he's dead and i'm not when the internet catches up" bad.

I wonder if its an xbox live thing, people are complaining about serious netcode issues on Blops 2 right now too.

Blops 2 is pretty meh, Treyarch could have absolutely capitalised on things this year, but its almost like they where in competition with 343 to see just how much they can mess up.

I think both Halo and Blops are pretty even when it comes to difficult to use UI's.

darthbob

HOLY SHIT.

• Playing Halo 4 with a mouse+keyboard and getting +25s for snapshots left and right seems like a vicious ordnance-inducing feedback loop. Just imagine how much ammo you could get to sustain your sniper spree. I would feel sorry for anyone playing with controllers, that is, if I could hear them over my "+25 SCHNAPPSCHUSS".

If it's anything like previous Halos, change your console language and MP will be in that language. Campaign will still be in Englische.

Dreaver

Any Halo-GAF I can add? (Or they can add me, GT: Heroic Killa. I don't have enough people playing Halo in my friend list. :(

I'm up for almost everything (especially customs)... I do have to say that I have a lone wolf playstyle but it's still more fun to play together / call outs.

IHaveIce

Banned
HOLY SHIT.

lolol I would trade our German announcer in the blink of a second for the english one.

Much of the game is about leveling the playing field by fucking people over through either randomness or this kind of thing. I'm not really enthused about playing this game much anymore. You can ask people last night how bitter I sound about shit.

Its not just you, I think they really are hitting a point where people are fed up with the shit they are pulling.

Population will probably show it eventually.

Stop fucking making this HelloKittylandRPGFps.

I'm sorry that's completely fair, just ask Hirednoobs

Ughh I was going to post that. Please don't steal my posts.

Dreaver

I've played the game more than Reach already... I don't know if that is a good or bad thing lol...

I'm really loving the game, the more I play the better it gets.

I need people to play with. Im hesitant to invite people cuz I dont want people to be offended by my raging. But I dont handle playing solo very well.

I might be interested in a Xim wish I could test it out somewhere.

H4's aiming feels awful a lot of times my crosshair seems frozen and it wont budge. Like it wont accept my non-huge movements. No finesse or something, hard to explain. The feeling is off.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
HOLY SHIT.

Mouse + Prom Vision, smh.

GhaleonEB

Dilemma:

I think I would have more success using Camo, since I play mostly big team and use the DMR and ping tiny dudes from long range. So being in camo to reposition and firing when using it would mean I'd probably fare even better than I do now. My beloved auto sentry gets relatively little use in BTB.

However.

As the past few pages have covered, camo is a bad thing. People that use it are bad people. So do I make the experience for everyone else worse just to improve my outcomes, and do something I hate that other people do?

And then part of me thinks, Infinity Slayer BTB is such a clusterfuck, what's one more dude with camo?

I bought the Camo ability a few days ago. I have yet to equip it. I'm leaning toward never doing so. But the dark side tempts.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dilemma:

I think I would have more success using Camo, since I play mostly big team and use the DMR and ping tiny dudes from long range. So being in camo to reposition and firing when using it would mean I'd probably fare even better than I do now. My beloved auto sentry gets relatively little use in BTB.

However.

As the past few pages have covered, camo is a bad thing. People that use it are bad people. So do I make the experience for everyone else worse just to improve my outcomes, and do something I hate that other people do?

And then part of me thinks, Infinity Slayer BTB is such a clusterfuck, what's one more dude with camo?

I bought the Camo ability a few days ago. I have yet to equip it. I'm leaning toward never doing so. But the dark side tempts.

Meh, just do it. You'll stop feeling bad after you rack up a few sneaky kills and get your hands on a sniper rifle. Sure, you'll be "that guy" but at least you'll be having some kind of fun. :D

My only problem with camo is base camping assassins. They annoy the enemy and don't even help their own team. They're playing their own separate game in their head where only they have a good time.

Even this I may not mind once I play around with a PV loadout.

Dilemma:

However.

I use invis in btb. Not proud or anything but you have to combat others using it.

GhaleonEB

My only problem with camo is base camping assassins. They annoy the enemy and don't even help their own team. They're playing their own separate game in their head where only they have a good time.

Even this I may not mind once I play around with a PV loadout.

They're the invisible equivalent of those guys on the Mongoose riding around honking at everyone and going for splatters.
Meh, just do it. You'll stop feeling bad after you rack up a few sneaky kills and get your hands on a sniper rifle. Sure, you'll be "that guy" but at least you'll be having some kind of fun. :D

Dunno. Whenever I do something douchey, I actually feel like a douche. And Halo 4 enables that kind of behavior like nothing else I've played. (Well, except Skyrim but those NPC's had it coming.)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dilemma:

However.

No one is worried about you when they play against you Ghaleon. And, it's in the game so it's not cheating. I say go for it

I think less of you now lol :p

Honestly, idk who's worse.. People who use Camo or the people who resisted to make Camo a Powerup again despite it's obvious flaws as an AA.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ocarina of time runs starting right now with the wizard http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright

Now THIS interests me!

Dilemma:

However.

I have the same issue. It's way powerful and I dominate when I use it, but I don't wanna be that guy.

I saw Ply using it the other day and I almost went back to using it, lol.

Top Bottom