• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

They're the invisible equivalent of those guys on the Mongoose riding around honking at everyone and going for splatters.
The ones that grab gunner-less warthogs for their joyrides are the worst. There they are driving in circles and getting stuck on rocks when NULL and VOID could be out there tearing things up.

and getting stuck on rocks ourselves.

Karl2177

Oh I know. I just don't think you should feel guilty for using the whole sandbox.

I'm different though.
I feel bad when using something that puts me at an unfair advantage over my opponents. It would be different if I earned that advantage like fighting for it on the map or something.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I feel bad when using something that puts me at an unfair advantage over my opponents. It would be different if I earned that advantage like fighting for it on the map or something.

I don't feel bad but I usually don't use things that I think are cheap or will be changed/tweaked in the future. But right now I'm just using everything to see what's good and what's not.

Also, controller vibrates when Thrust has recharged. Does that happen with all AA's? Pretty cool.

Randomly disconnected from Xbox Live, and now I can't connect anymore. Went through all the MS troubleshooting, and Xbox 360 on-screen troubleshooting aaaaand nothing.

What the hell? :(

I bought the Camo ability a few days ago. I have yet to equip it. I'm leaning toward never doing so. But the dark side tempts.

Holy Jesus! What is that? What the fuck is that? WHAT IS THAT, PRIVATE GHALEON?
Sir, active camo, sir!
Active camo?
Sir, yes, sir!
How did it get here?
Sir, I bought with my Spartan Points, sir!
Is active camo allowed in HaloGAF, Private Ghaleon?
Sir, no, sir!
Are you allowed to camp with snipers, Private Ghaleon?
Sir, no, sir!
And why not, Private Ghaleon?
Sir, because I'm too good for that, sir!
Because you aren't a disgusting BK, Private Ghaleon!
Sir, yes, sir!
Then why did you try to sneak active camo into your loadout, Private Ghaleon?
Sir, because I was frustrated, sir!
Because you were frustrated...
-------

Private Ghaleon has dishonored himself and dishonored HaloGAF. I have tried to help him. But I have failed. I have failed because YOU have not helped me. YOU people have not given Private Ghaleon the proper motivation! So, from now on, whenever Private Ghaleon fucks up, I will not punish him! I will punish all of YOU! And the way I see it ladies, you owe me for TWO SPARTAN POINTS! NOW GET ON YOUR FACES!

Open your loadout!

They're payin' for it; YOU play with it!

T9BQh.gif

HOLY SHIT.

• German 'Stietzer sounds sick, how do I get him to narrate my game?

• Playing Halo 4 with a mouse+keyboard and getting +25s for snapshots left and right seems like a vicious ordnance-inducing feedback loop. Just imagine how much ammo you could get to sustain your sniper spree. I would feel sorry for anyone playing with controllers, that is, if I could hear them over my "+25 SCHNAPPSCHUSS".

• I wonder what forge would be like with MS+KBD
That is some grade-A bullshit. Ugh.

Kujo

Why did they beef up camo from Reach? Having it disrupt the entire radar for both teams while using it was a good balance for it. But now someone can just turn on camo and still know exactly where the enemy is. It should at least disrupt the camo user's radar. Also light blue dots are not as noticeable as a lot of red and yellow dots

Havok

Why did they beef up camo from Reach? Having it disrupt the entire radar for both teams while using it was a good balance for it. But now someone can just turn on camo and still know exactly where the enemy is. It should at least disrupt the camo user's radar. Also light blue dots are not as noticeable as a lot of red and yellow dots
Not that I disagree with the point of your post, but camo in Reach was never meant to disrupt friendly radars, just your own and the enemy team's. It was a bug that Bungie had claimed was fixed after the beta but that still exists today.

XBOX LIVE Service is currently unavailable.
Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

A subset of Time/Warner RoadRunner ISP users will have intermittent issues connecting to Xbox LIVE.

Affecting the following LIVE Platforms:

Xbox 360 Console

11/20/2012 6:00:20 PM PST:

You might be having problems connecting to Xbox LIVE if Time Warner or Road Runner is your internet provider. We are in contact with our partner as we work to fix this problem. As always, we will be posting updates on this issue every half hour.

Been troubleshooting Live connection, and flipping out thinking my new 360 is dead for the last hour and a half. Would've been nice to get this update sooner. Damn it, Microsoft.

Sai-kun

Banned
I've sort of come to the realization that this game just isn't that fun for me, and the only reason I'm playing is because my friends are, and so I can level up and shit.

Damn. Ugh.

I've sort of come to the realization that this game just isn't that fun for me, and the only reason I'm playing is because my friends are, and so I can level up and shit.

Damn. Ugh.
I actually Craigslist'd my copy last weekend because I wasn't interesting in getting my hopes up again. I had to wait too long for Reach, and I wasn't feeling like starting that again despite 4 having much more potential. I just want classic at this point, anything else and I just don't care. So I bailed.

Damn. Ugh.
I actually had a lot of fun last night with the crew. Objective modes without personal ordnance are definitely a lot more fun than Infinity Slayer.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Damn. Ugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Rf0fckK2A&feature=plcp
I actually Craigslist'd my copy last weekend because I wasn't interesting in getting my hopes up again. I had to wait too long for Reach, and I wasn't feeling like starting that again despite 4 having much more potential. I just want classic at this point, anything else and I just don't care. So I bailed.
I actually had a lot of fun last night with the crew. Objective modes without personal ordnance are definitely a lot more fun than Infinity Slayer.

Kujo

Anyone else bored everytime they play Vagnarok? One team gets to the top of the hill and ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping with DMRs for 10 minutes. I mean a lot of the maps end up in this, but I feel this one is the worst for it. People just hiding behind rocks and stuff all game and I just tire of it

daedalius

Played several games with the DMR tonight, and I am sad to say I think it is just a functionally superior weapon to the BR at this point (and most assuredly to the lightrifle, the hip fire on that gun is just awful).

This makes me really sad, because I really like the BR better :(

It simply seems to fire faster, and I guess I just feel more comfortable using it.

Also Regicide is fun :p

zap

Played several games with the DMR tonight, and I am sad to say I think it is just a functionally superior weapon to the BR at this point (and most assuredly to the lightrifle, the hip fire on that gun is just awful).

This makes me really sad, because I really like the BR better :(

It simply seems to fire faster, and I guess I just feel more comfortable using it.

Also Regicide is fun :p

I think the BR is more fun to fire, but the DMR is clearly superior :(

Top Bottom