• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

willow ve

So, someone can explain why the hell people that are away doesn't get kicked? I've had people away on multipla games in sequence, and the system just ignores them.

Happened to me too. If you go through 3 spawn cycles without moving you should be kicked.

I know I'm in the minority for this but I preferred it when sprint was an AA. it's annoying that a camo'd player holding a grav hammer or sword is then allowed to sprint at me on top of that. camo is bad enough as it is.

True cant believe there isnt more people not liking this. People hated when someone had one AA, but now in H4 they get two?

Tunavi

Banned
What do people think of Slayer Pro??

As in whats wrong with it etc?

The pop. of Infinity Slayer vs Slayer Pro really shows that alot of people are okay with the new changes for the most part.
The only thing wrong with it is that people are stupid and would rather play shitty halo rather than classic halo.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I revised my favorite maps:
Haven>>>>>Longbow>Solace>Adrift>Exile (not counting the vehicles, which really bring it down IMO)>Ragnarok>Meltdown>Abandon>Vortex>Complex

The only maps I really like are Haven and Longbow. Ragarok's grown on me, but I still feel it doesn't work very well with DMRs. The only maps I consider bad are Abandon, Vortex, and Complex.

Overall map selection for me:
Halo 2=Halo 3>4>CE>Reach

Seeing Spartan Ops as a secondary game mode in Firefight would have been kinda interesting. I still think having it be story driven the right choice, but it would have been cool. Here's to both being in the game come Halo 5.

Also: PLEASE, for the love of Halo, bring Big Team Objective and Doubles into the game! It's torture, those are the only two playlists I played, and they're both not in this game :(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So no word on other little tweaks aside from broken maps and map weightings. XP cap raised so now even though I've never hit it in the first place. I think the Doritos and Mountain Dew rush caused the issues.

Also, holy fucking Sparth Batman

Perfect.

slightly%20live.png

- Good that they upped the XP cap
- Bad that they reduced Haven weightings
- and how does a playlist go live on accident?

willow ve

I'm thinking more and more that Spartan Ops became an excuse to make all the multiplayer spaces part of the "canon" or "lore" .... And that's why some of the maps simply don't work for multiplayer (Complex), because they are mediocre spaces that attempt to serve two purposes.

It's like Reach but reverse.

Exactly.

mhi

WHy would they reduce Haven weights ? People like this map so let's give it to them less often ???

Also sucks that the DLC Maps are already in design because this is VERY true.

Halo 4's two most played maps by a country mile are Haven and Ragnorok. What does this tell us? That people like remakes of favourites, yes. It also reveals that players favour clean, sleek playing arenas which aren't encumbered by brown crates and unnecessary labyrinths. Visual clarity. Simple design.

Ken

I'm thinking more and more that Spartan Ops became an excuse to make all the multiplayer spaces part of the "canon" or "lore" .... And that's why some of the maps simply don't work for multiplayer (Complex), because they are mediocre spaces that serve two purposes.

It's like Reach but reverse.

So no word on other little tweaks aside from broken maps and map weightings. XP cap raised so now even though I've never hit it in the first place. I think the Doritos and Mountain Dew rush caused the issues.

Also, holy fucking Sparth Batman

Someone mentioned here or in the Halo 4 thread that we'll probably get a TU with the first map pack. I think that's likely, we'll probably hear more next week after the holiday week is over.

I'm thinking more and more that Spartan Ops became an excuse to make all the multiplayer spaces part of the "canon" or "lore" .... And that's why some of the maps simply don't work for multiplayer (Complex), because they are mediocre spaces that serve two purposes.

They were designed for war games, I doubt spartan ops was paramount to the design of them.

Natiko

Banned
WHy would they reduce Haven weights ? People like this map so let's give it to them less often ???

Also sucks that the DLC Maps are already in design because this is VERY true.

I thought the same thing. Such a terrible decision. The response to people preferring certain maps isn't to try and force them to play others.

Karl2177

"Uhhh…Spartan Ops is awesome!"-Chris Haluke [11/21/12 bulletin]

"If you somehow believe that what you're doing is the greatest thing ever, all the time, then it's absolute not going to be the greatest thing ever."-Jason Jones [citation]

When I read what Chris wrote, I was instantly reminded of Jason's quote. I know someone is going to call me out for criticizing a developer, but I feel like 343 needs to grasp onto this mentality. When I see quotes like the "Revolutionary versus Evolutionary" one in the Promethean ViDoc, it makes me feel like they are too confident in themselves.

"Uhhh…Spartan Ops is awesome!"-Chris Haluke [11/21/12 bulletin]

"If you somehow believe that what you're doing is the greatest thing ever, all the time, then it's absolute not going to be the greatest thing ever."-Jason Jones [citation]

When I read what Chris wrote, I was instantly reminded of Jason's quote. I know someone is going to call me out for criticizing a developer, but I feel like 343 needs to grasp onto this mentality. When I see quotes like the "Revolutionary versus Evolutionary" one in the Promethean ViDoc, it makes me feel like they are too confident in themselves.

"Armor Lock is INSANE! It's super powerful! I love it" - Luke Smith

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm open to suggestions.
Ammo if you pick up Ordnance weapons often.

Ordnance Priority if you play the Infinity gametypes.

Mobility should not be overlooked by any means at least on larger maps.

Explosives not only increase your grenade damage they also reduce the damage you receive from grenades by 33%*.

Also something to note about Shielding: It only increases the recharge rate it does not decrease the recharge delay*.

*http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/12yc1m/halo_4_perks_spreadsheet/

In general, refer to the above Spreadsheet because it offers some solid insight.

Just remembered to mention how underrated I considered the Pulse Grenades to be. Too bad we don't get two in our loadouts..

I could idle in Halo 2's menu for so long <3

OH right! Forgot to test the Explosives mod with it, thanks lol

Storm Rifle
Magnum
Pulse Grenade
Thruster Pack
Mobility
Dexterity

GG CQC. I'm loving the new melee system too, makes it feel more rewarding. Seems like you're able to duck/dodge melees with slick movement, but my opinion might be biased though because of 10 sensitivity.

Your seriously using sensitivity 10 to good effect? I'm on 6 and think that's a bit much. How is your sniping?

I miss the little icon that tells you how much 'sprint' you have left.

Same here. Seems like a lack a visual feedback as to how long you have left to sprint. As well as when you try sprinting immediately after you are "tired".

MrDaravon

I can't believe that this game is still having severe JIP/party split issues. All last night our group kept getting split in Oddball, then tonight we keep joining BTB games literally two seconds before then end. Then the next game it's 8v4 (on our team) and during the entire game it never put anymore people on team. How the fuck is this still happening?

Ammo if you pick up Ordnance weapons often.

Ordnance Priority if you play the Infinity gametypes.

Mobility should not be overlooked by any means at least on larger maps.

Explosives not only increase your grenade damage they also reduce the damage you receive from grenades by 33%*.

Also something to note about Shielding: It only increases the recharge rate it does not decrease the recharge delay*.

*http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/12yc1m/halo_4_perks_spreadsheet/

In general, refer to the above Spreadsheet because it offers some solid insight.

That's not the kind of help I need, it needs to be much more rudimentary than that lol. Thanks though.

Tunavi

Banned
hey. no kmart near me.

If anyone is going out to get a copy tomorrow, buy me a copy of Max Payne for 8.99 and I'll pay you for it

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That's not the kind of help I need, it's need to be much more rudimentary than that lol. Thanks though.
Look before you leap.

Pay more attention to your hit markers than your red reticle.

Radar range is limited, always proceed with caution.

Things like that?

Top Bottom