• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Pop

Please upload to fileshare.

I'm conflicted on the tactical package, don't know what I should use. Right now I'm rolling with Grenadier but can't seem to stick to one. Got any suggestions?

being shot at by a ghost in mp I've noticed is almost silent. god damn, 343. changed so many of the sounds just for the sake of change and even didn't do it properly

I love all the UNSC and Promethean sounds but dislike what they did with the Covie sounds. All Covie weapons now sound like UNSC ones, strange.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
From my experience, the game isn't kind to mixed parties of skill levels. Nothing the game can really do about it, but it seems like I'm regularly matched up against a full team of try hards, when I only have 1-2 try hards on my team. :(

When I was in Tashi's lobby with Ply in there and Kyle in there I was basically bait.

I may as well have been drenched in chum and thrown into a shark pool.

Redford

aka Cabbie
So we get a rotational FFA playlist with two gametypes that will be horrible with instant respawn and 8 players.

^ lol, yes.

--------

Here are some 1080p pics of my Halo 2 Foundation remake fresh from the theater mode.

The maps is called Groundwork and I would like some help setting up spawns/weapons/gametypes.
(I haven't bothered to brush off the old manual)
I still need to flesh out the corner rooms too.

If your interested, catch me anytime I am online on my GamerTag: Vlad356

Incredible!

Abandon is honestly a candidate for one of the worst maps in the entire series.

Not even close.

Complex is going to be up there with Isolation, Prisoner and Swordbase.

I'd say half of the maps in this game are just no fun to play on, whether that be the fault of the sandbox or them just being poorly designed.

Rev3rb

So we get a rotational FFA playlist with two gametypes that will be horrible with instant respawn and 8 players.

jnx2d.gif

Zoolader

Nice remake computron, it was fun running through a halo 2 map. Let me know when you get spawns figured out and maybe you can help me out with my map.

Computron

Thanks for the small playtest we just had, GAF, map seems to work allright for just the geo it is right now. Any issues you guys had? Suggestions?

Please upload to fileshare.

I'm conflicted on the tactical package, don't know what I should use. Right now I'm rolling with Grenadier but can't seem to stick to one. Got any suggestions?

Are you talking about my Foundation Remake? Its currently in my Fileshare, but its only got 6 spawns and its pretty alpha at the moment. (I will have a properly name and 1st pass spawn version up in half an hour.)

We just tested it and apparently all the pieces get rotated by like 1 degree around their pivots when you try to load it with multiple people in forge mode.

War games loads it fine, but if I cant get multiplier forge mode to work, the spawns and gametypes might take a while.

Tunavi

Banned
^ lol, yes.

--------

Here are some 1080p pics of my Halo 2 Foundation remake fresh from the theater mode.

The maps is called Groundwork and I would like some help setting up spawns/weapons/gametypes.
(I haven't bothered to brush off the old manual)
I still need to flesh out the corner rooms too.

If your interested, catch me anytime I am online on my GamerTag: Vlad356
wow. looks good.

Can you upload some 1080 pics of the other stock MP maps and skyboxes pls? These are premium quality

Computron

Chances of seeing a container-blocked building 07 Complex variant in MM?

VERY small, and not just because 343 probably has their own, better tools for MM map geo updates than crates.

(Remember how they were able to block off portions of Halo 3's Guardian with invisible, non-forgable blocking geo in MM map updates? I assume they have the ability to add visible stuff as well.)

RdN

fuck this. seems like nearly every match prioritizes skill rather than good connection. don't mind a skill based match but holy shit, nearly every swat game I play, my headshot kill comes almost a second after I shoot them, therefore no matter how insanely accurate and quick i am i unusually end up being killed during that brief window where i shoot and the headshot registers. had a LOT less laggy games with reach and i have a decent connection by Australian standards. on top of that in general halo 4s hit detection seems pretty shit anyway.

Same here.

I'm not even playing Swat, which was my favorite game type from Reach because of the lag.

I've said it before..I find it unacceptable how this game has a worst netcode than Reach. Takes away most of my will to play.

Redford

aka Cabbie
VERY small, and not just because 343 probably has their own, better tools for MM map geo updates than crates.

(Remember how they were able to block off portions of Halo 3's Guardian with invisible, non-forgable blocking geo in MM map updates? I assume they have the ability to add visible stuff as well.)

That's cool.

But is the small chance because they don't care or something technical? Wasn't clear on that from your post. I honestly can't go two years playing it this way, especially since it's the first map I see when I jump into MM because people are quitting out of it en masse. =/

What building is that on Complex? I have not had any problems with Complex, but I haven't played it that often.

I doubt they would cut off a major section of the map.

The expansive building top towards the cliff side of the map, it has the #7 on it. It's a major section to an asshole player I guess, haha..

It would be easier to forgive if the rest of the map wasn't thoughtlessly-designed mess of buildings.

Computron

That's cool.

But is the small chance because they don't care or something technical? I honestly can't go two years playing it this way, especially since it's the first map I see when I jump into MM because people are quitting out of it en masse. =/

What building is that on Complex? I have not had any problems with Complex, but I haven't played it that often.

I doubt they would cut off a major section of the map.

Omni

You know... Off topic to current conversation but I'm really shocked with Halo 4's ending. Aside from the obvious which I won't talk about just in case someone hasn't finished yet, but it really doesn't scream "First instalment in a new trilogy", rather it's just a standalone game. Right now story wise, I don't care for the next game... whereas in comparison, Halo 3 was hyped to hell because of Halo 2's cliff hanger ending. Granted SpOps may have something interesting for us, but right now it feels like the next game could go off in any direction. (Just conjecture based on books)
I hope the Precursors play a part in the trilogy to test Humanity's worthiness to uphold the mantle, but IMO they should've been hinted at or something during Halo 4

I think it's something 343i need to explore a little more with the next game. We've had a game focused on Cortana and Master Chief, now give us one about Humanity; it's time to focus on the bigger picture like the original trilogy mainly did.

I've had lag in some Big Team games, from one or two guys, but that's about it. All the games I've played I've had...maybe 10 matches, out of almost 500 that were laggy. Weird.

Computron

^Thanks bro

----------------------------------

The Halo 2 Foundation remake I am making is now set up with preliminary spawns/weapons/gametype-objects.
The corner bases still need to be made pretty, but that will come later.

It is now playable.

• It's located in my Fileshare (GamerTag: Vlad356)
  • It's name is Groundwork (Foundation) V.01
  • Test it out
  • Report bugs/issues/hangups/framerate
  • Make suggestions
  • Have fun

To access without Waypoint (Which is currently down), search for my gamertag in the file browser search in your start menu.

Click and hold image to expand up to 1080p:

irCPvTYiTdbRc.jpg
ixnqRsRiCB7Ds.jpg

ibg0O9N7JmYy4x.jpg
ibehK118aTclJt.jpg

Computron

Speaking of lighting and the orientation it helps with,

I used some tricks I mentioned earlier in one of my forge lighting write-ups to cover half the map with shadow with a far off coliseum wall. (Look for it way off in the distance outside the map) It does not have that large of an effect on this map (trying to stay true to the original) but this technique of using a distant (keyword!) shadow caster can be used to give the shadowed regions more gradient-ed/smooth (lol, kinda more like splotchy with Halo 4's Forge) ambient light, resulting in better depth cues and separation.

When I make my own maps I will post screenshots of why/how this works with examples that show it off better.

^Thanks bro

^Thanks bro

The Halo 2 Foundation remake I am making is now set up with preliminary spawns/weapons/gametype-objects.

It is now playable.

• Test it out
  • Make suggestions
  • Have fun

To access without Waypoint (Which is currently down), search for my gamertag in the file browser search in your start menu.
The map looks incredible! I hope I have the chance to try it out.

Pop

^Thanks bro

It is now playable.

• Test it out
  • Make suggestions
  • Have fun

Top lifts on Blue and Green are bouncy.

Other than that it's solid. Good job

PNut

Banned
Why would they add snipers then remove it a week later? Am I missing something? There was like 15,000 people playing it earlier tonight.

IHaveIce

Banned
EDIT: ^^^thanks Fracas, got AC3 because of this.
^Thanks bro

It is now playable.

• Test it out
  • Make suggestions
  • Have fun

this looks really amazing, I will download it and compare it to nilla's foundation(which is really awesome)

-----------------------------------------------

Just read the Bulletin:

- Happy FFA throwback is .. back, it was fun what I played so far.
- Snipers gone. NO :( My only playlist that I can stand to play :(
-Complex is fixed since monday? lol not the Complex in Spartan Ops.
-Reduced weighting for Haven in SWAT ? What? Reduce the weighting for Complex and Abandon since the spawns are atrocious on these maps for SWAT, damn nearly every map has bad spawns, Haven was the only one that didn't make me laugh about them.

Also why wasn't sltpoison's pic featured ? :( it was the best one

Kibbles

Just got done with some Halo 4 System Link sessions, really good. I was nervous about how well it was going to play, but it was a lot of fun. We played MLG settings, which I didn't even know they had, fun.

Also, that Foundation remake looks excellent, pleasing to the eye.

Your seriously using sensitivity 10 to good effect? I'm on 6 and think that's a bit much. How is your sniping?

Confidence and persistence go a long way with 10 sensitivity, and patience if you're having an off day. If you can control it then every part of your game levels exponentially, so to answer your question 10 sensitivity with sniping is very useful, and my personal aiming with the sniper on 10 is pretty good (humbly stating). Ironically enough, I'd say it's more difficult to control 10 sensitivity up close than it is the further they are, so sniping isn't too bad (surely due to the fact that less people will be shooting you if you're using a Sniper from a safe place*).

You would think FFA's first showing would be Slayer lol - Seriously.. what the shit? I remember some people dismissing a post I made a couple months ago about 343 deliberately giving us a crappier/more limited experience (for a lack of a better term) for the sake of winning over a new crowd since the hearts of disappointed Halo fans will always be easier to win back. I mean.. if the shoe fits ;\ <3

In a dark corner with Camo and AA Efficiency.

Top Bottom