• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Responses are bolded.

So basically you say you don't want the old games but when you make any comment or response it always highlights and aligns with the old games exactly.
Oxymorons are fun.
In all seriousness though I hope enough playlist/setting updates can provide for you (and that community segment of players who want the same) to keep you playing halo 4 and future franchise titles. I do disagree that the whole Halo 4 game should be that way though.

Halo 4's two most played maps by a country mile are Haven and Ragnorok. What does this tell us? That people like remakes of favourites, yes. It also reveals that players favour clean, sleek playing arenas which aren't encumbered by brown crates and unnecessary labyrinths. Visual clarity. Simple design.

images

Abandon is honestly a candidate for one of the worst maps in the entire series.

images

Abandon is really underrated IMO. Plays great without radar..

DeadNames

Banned
Abandon is pretty bad lol.

But then we remember gems like Sword Base, Epitaph, Isolation, etc.

Also, Adrift is a beautiful map.

Ehh, I don't hate Abandon with a burning passion... I just don't like it as much as the others... It can be a clusterfuck of camo camping top mid and overall poop. Sightlines on it suck too.

Complex on the other hand...

TCKaos

If you just got the SE you get a code emailed to you by Microsoft by the 30th to unlock all specializations, if you got the LE and already entered the code for all the specializations I believe people who didn't get them showing up just simply redownloaded the file and relaunched the game to fix it.

Well I'm completely fucked then. The email originally tied to my Gamertag (despite having been changed) is an email I no longer have access to. Even though the email I log in with has been changed I still can't receive any emails from Microsoft because they all get sent to the initial email and not the one I've changed it to.

Looks like I'll never get passed SR70 without shelling out a gorillion dollars on ebay.

Happy times.

Omni

I dislike the idea of grinding in a shooter. :(

That too. Granted, still 1000x better than Reach. I gave up after reaching Mythic... so disheartening to see your progress bar to move a single pixel after a game or two.

Am I the only one that loves Abandon?
Eh, terrible. I don't know why people always vote for CTF on it. It's so unbalanced... Just not fun to play.

That too. Granted, still 1000x better than Reach. I gave up after reaching Mythic... so disheartening to see your progress bar to move a single pixel after a game or two.
It didn't matter in Reach cause it was tied to BS cosmetics. It sucks to grind for player modifications like reduced flinch and vehicle EMP resistance.

Am I the only one that loves Abandon?
I just can't understand all the map geometry that you can get snagged on, it's just not smooth. The most notable example is the tree-arch near the bottom of the map, I can't walk up it because of all the unnecessary aesthetic vines and outgrowths. This has never been such a problem in Halo, it was always a criticism of mine of CoD games though.

My friend just reached level 102, hopefully they will tell me what we get at level 130.

You get the Phoenix emblem. Not the UNSC one, part of it's visible from the get-go on... one of the Start Menu options. It's on the far left but I'm not sure of the category, it might be Challenges or something. You get a full version of that as an emblem at SR-130, nothing else.

Omni

I never got spawn killed. It was always my mission to take out the other team's tank with the laser though lol.

I don't think anyone knew that gun existed on that map.

It's okay when you're on it with randoms who don't really know what they're doing, but the moment a team that knew what they were doing (9 times out of 10 a party) got on it, it just gets bad fast.

Dat banshee.

DeadNames

Banned
It's okay when you're on it with randoms who don't really know what they're doing, but the moment a team that knew what they were doing (9 times out of 10 a party) got on it, it just gets bad fast.

Dat banshee.

I think I'll be the only one to say this but...

I miss Reach BTB :/

H4's is too much of a clusterfuck.

Omni

I think I'll be the only one to say this but...

I miss Reach BTB :/

H4's is too much of a clusterfuck.

I've said this before too, haha. They need to limit power weapons/personal ordnance a bit better and maybe even throw in some objective gametypes into the playlist.

Plus REMOVE THE MANTIS 343i.

Every other vehicle is useless while the Mantis is still around.

Well I'm completely fucked then. The email originally tied to my Gamertag (despite having been changed) is an email I no longer have access to. Even though the email I log in with has been changed I still can't receive any emails from Microsoft because they all get sent to the initial email and not the one I've changed it to.

Looks like I'll never get passed SR70 without shelling out a gorillion dollars on ebay.

Happy times.

Think my friend has a couple spare gamestop codes. Texted him there, if i get one its yours.

Happy times.
Think my friend has a couple spare gamestop codes. Texted him there, if i get one its yours.

If nothing springs up I'll just give you my code if they send one my way.

Spawnling

Up to SR-48. I really dislike grinding for new ranks, but once I get to 50 I should be happy. Played so much that I'm starting to get a bit burnt out

I'm already burnt out. I grinded for Inheritor in Reach, I just want a Halo game that I can play with friends but not grind for ranks, just win matches. Winning games needs to play a bigger role.

TCKaos

If nothing springs up I'll just give you my code if they send one my way.

5feRA.gif

Omigodthankyousomuch. But I think I figured it out. I changed my ID (I don't even know what it's called. It's the email address you use to sign in with), but not my actual email address, which was apparently something different all together. That's been changed, so hopefully I can start receiving emails from Microsoft now.

RdN

So, someone can explain why the hell people that are away doesn't get kicked? I've had people away on multipla games in sequence, and the system just ignores them.

Just remembered to mention how underrated I considered the Pulse Grenades to be. Too bad we don't get two in our loadouts..

I could idle in Halo 2's menu for so long <3

One of the perks adds one. My loadout with Pulse Grenades has the explosives upgrade and the grenade count increase. Kills anyone with low shields damn near instantly.

OH right! Forgot to test the Explosives mod with it, thanks lol

Storm Rifle
Magnum
Pulse Grenade
Thruster Pack
Mobility
Dexterity

GG CQC. I'm loving the new melee system too, makes it feel more rewarding. Seems like you're able to duck/dodge melees with slick movement, but my opinion might be biased though because of 10 sensitivity.

TCKaos

Just remembered to mention how underrated I considered the Pulse Grenades to be. Too bad we don't get two in our loadouts..

One of the perks adds one. My loadout with Pulse Grenades has the explosives upgrade and the grenade count increase. Kills anyone with low shields damn near instantly.

rakka

I know I'm in the minority for this but I preferred it when sprint was an AA. it's annoying that a camo'd player holding a grav hammer or sword is then allowed to sprint at me on top of that. camo is bad enough as it is.

Omni

I know I'm in the minority for this but I preferred it when sprint was an AA. it's annoying that a camo'd player holding a grav hammer or sword is then allowed to sprint at me on top of that. camo is bad enough as it is.

I miss the little icon that tells you how much 'sprint' you have left.

Top Bottom