• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Tips for the green visor:

Use the ghost and know where they spawn on each map.

Don't vote for Ragnarok.

Don't engage other vehicles, just infantry.

DeadNames

Banned
Can't you get that by doing it in Custom Games? lol

Are you serious?

Tips for the green visor:

Use the ghost and know where they spawn on each map.

Don't vote for Ragnarok.

Don't engage other vehicles, just infantry.

Since splattering is totally random in this game I occasionally just charge heads on if there's another ghost lol. What playlist should I play? BTB? Dominion?

Also I've learned to use the warthog. People can't hijack as easily. And I have a newfound hate for stickies and the PP.

XP system promotes boosters.

Just like skill based ranks, right?

Really though, boosting in this game is beyond easy.

malfcn

This one guy spawned me and everyone else in a rock in spops and we couldn't get out...

His tag is TrendyTopic. Stupid spops spawns.

That happened to me the other day.

Also, that SR128 guy can't get Xp for customs, right?

Lastly, is the Halo 4 IQ quiz wrong?
"Which Covenant Weapon is this?"
Light Rifle
Storm Rifle
Suppressor
Boltshot
Incineration Cannon

LOL.

Enfinit

Until season 2, then find a new show to watch.

StnEq.gif

wat

Lastly, is the Halo 4 IQ quiz wrong?
"Which Covenant Weapon is this?"
Light Rifle
Storm Rifle
Suppressor
Boltshot
Incineration Cannon

LOL.
Yeah it is haha.

Cannot stop watching this GIF lol.

Also, pretty absurd statement Ryaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I have my complaints about season 2, but it is still excellent TV and an improvement on season 1 in plenty of areas.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Also, pretty absurd statement Ryaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I have my complaints about season 2, but it is still excellent TV and an improvement on season 1 in plenty of areas.

loooooool. Oh boy.

Season 1 was fucking magical. Season 2 had me thinking "Well maybe next episode will be better" ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE FINALE. Poor season. Not terrible TV, but certainly way worse than season 1.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
loooooool. Oh boy.

Season 1 was fucking magical. Season 2 had me thinking "Well maybe next episode will be better" ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE FINALE. Poor season. Not terrible TV, but certainly way worse than season 1.
Blackwater says you crazy.

loooooool. Oh boy.

In every single technical/filming aspect, season 2 was on a different planet than season 1.

Part of the reason it won more Emmys than any other show.

They're awful in my opinion. There is no contrast between them in both design and colors, when you glance at them in-game, you can't tell which is which or what they are for.

These are actually two different medals in this game:
70px-H4_-_Generic_Kill.png
70px-H4_-_Headshot.png

Also, as long as I'm ranting about medals, why did they take out weapon specific sprees?

The medals in this game are appalling and a disservice to the series. Original one's were beautifully iconic. Double is yellow with two stars, triple, green with three yellow stars etc. You don't mess with that shit when you're entrusted with the Halo franchise.

Oh yeah! I would prefer weapon spree medals to single kill medals.

RIP Sharpshooter

That's cool, but I'm not touching the DLC for this game with a ten foot pole until someone tells me if I'll actually be able to use it or not.

Need details in the upcoming bulletin. Better do better than 'DLC algorithms'.

---------------------------------------------------

GOT season 1 is untouchable. Season 2 is merely very good.

Ryaaan14

Banned
In every single technical/filming aspect, season 2 was on a different planet than season 1.

Part of the reason it won more Emmys than any other show.

I will agree with that. My gripes come from the pacing I think. I didn't get any payoff from season 2, and it left me pretty damn frustrated.

I'm about 14,000 XP away from SR-70. Is there anyway I can unlock the specializations before the 30th? :[

Wait, they're releasing the rest of the specializations on the 30th? So I can hit 50 then?

Id be happy with the old Halo 2 method of eventually making the maps free, and then mandatory so all the playlists start using them.

I know it wont happen but it was a better time back then...

Map sizes were in blocks...

malfcn

Poo, my Xbox decided to think NAT is moderate even though I have it set to DMZ on the router. Spartans are showing as SR1 on the roster.

senador

Banned
They're awful in my opinion. There is no contrast between them in both design and colors, when you glance at them in-game, you can't tell which is which or what they are for.

These are actually two different medals in this game:
70px-H4_-_Generic_Kill.png
70px-H4_-_Headshot.png

Also, as long as I'm ranting about medals, why did they take out weapon specific sprees?

I like them visually and I think they look great as a theme set, in menus, on Waypoint, and standalone, but in game they blend in and are too hard to see and distinguish between each of them. I think size has a lot to do with that too.

Omni

Poo, my Xbox decided to think NAT is moderate even though I have it set to DMZ on the router. Spartans are showing as SR1 on the roster.

For some reason I have a strict NAT (I bridge my wireless Internet with the Xbox). If I just use Internet Connection Sharing it's open, so I think it's got to do with the 'bridge' or something.

Haven't been able to fix it, but matchmaking is still pretty fast

I will agree with that. My gripes come from the pacing I think. I didn't get any payoff from season 2, and it left me pretty damn frustrated.
A valid complaint. As someone that has read the whole series, season 2 contains a whole hell of a lot of new characters and character development that didn't necessarily receive a huge payoff in this season, but will over the course of the series.
She's dead to me.

Fuck Seth.

MrDaravon

Even dedicated servers aside, the sheer amount of crazy network and matchmaking issues this game continues to constantly have are totally baffling. We just wound up going back to MW2 of all things (which is why I asked about player counts earlier, was curious was the contrast between the two was) because half of my friends had all of their loadouts gone AND they had no Spartan Points (so they couldn't re-buy equipment), and then matchmaking aborted multiple times before we could get into a match, and then we got split. This is fucking ridiculous.

Caja 117

1. You put a lot of faith in scrubs, to not only find out and remember each power weapon spawn on each rotating map on each playlist, but to track their respawn timers as well. Thats dedication right there, and investment, and time, put in from day one, and not to be rewarded quickly or easily. Its an e-sport mentality - not something you can expect from most players at all. So what you eventually end up with are hardcore players in groups, consolidating and sharing information, and running over everybody else. New players get discouraged and don't keep playing, nor do they learn the ins and outs of the game fans hold to be so sacred. Populations dwindle as players move to other games with more accessible objectives.

Also, what are the chances that new players will get enough quality time with the power weapons to learn to use them effectively? We're talking from scratch here, and no, campaign doesnt count one iota, as the covenant AI doesn't hold a candle to other players. So, a new player who wants to learn and get some hands on time with rockets or the sniper has to rush one of the power weapons and deal not only with beating the enemy to the weapon, but other hardcore players on their own team who would betray them to grab them, or talk shit to them when they did acquire them, or just try to grief them afterwards because "they called it" and "K/D ratios" and all the other bullshit that surrounds these games. Play to win, right?

One of the best things to happen to Halo in terms of introducing new players, and allowing interested players to hone their skills is personal ordnance. Now everybody that plays Halo 4 is going to get some quality time with the power weapons without interfering with the rest of the team or subjecting themselves to grief, and without having to keep track of map properties and respawn timers. This is a good thing. It leads to better teamwork overall, since the skill floor is being raised.

2. Dynamism or clusterfuck, depending upon your perspective. If you want to see a clusterfuck, play MAG on PS3 - Halo 4 is far from it. Halo 4 rewards teams that take the best advantage of circumstances as they present themselves, in terms of global ordnance, personal ordnance, and loadout matchups. Soome that see only chaos aren't seeing or appreciating the different dynamic aeat work here - just painting it as broken and bad, and that's a purelyy subjective viewpoint.

1-what difference does it make if its is global ordnance for a player to betray you for that weapon or yell at you because you took it? It can still happen. And i dont know where are you getting that a random power weapon placing helps teamwork, it only make a team work more as individuals and less as a team, because thats the onnly thing randomness promotes.

Also, people are moving on to other games regardless, so puting a static weapon spawn at fault is moot and is challenged by the fact that a lot of people didnt moved on in previous halo titles..

2-halo 4 only rewards chance: if you by chance got a sniper drop in front of you without moving, you didnt had to fight for it you just stumble upon it.

with almost a 3 kd you could stop being so good at the game.. lol :p

It's actually not fun playing with Ply because he's so good that his cursor magnetically attaches itself to the heads of all opposing players on the other team at the same time and there are no kills left for anyone else.

Edit: Damn, codes raining down on Ply, SR-71

So I was looking through some H4 concept art and found these:

That's one of the Forge environments. Ravine I think?

Top Bottom