• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Mantis on Meltdown? Awful.

The Light Rifle is such a miss opportunity. It's so close to be fucking awesome.

Without hitscan I simply cannot bring myself to use this weapon, too inferior for an Aussie to use online. I love the LR in campaign or solo SPOPS though.

Can't be hit by your own rocket directly? Wow I didn't expect that to go straight through himself/yourself.

blamite

75 more splatters... I don't know if I can do this...

But I've come so far...

Those who have the green visor, any tips? I've been sticking to Dominion and... BTB and I've been getting at least three splatters a game.

You can get all the vehicle commendations in Spartan Ops.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Without hitscan I simply cannot bring myself to use this weapon, too inferior for an Aussie to use online. I love the LR in campaign or solo SPOPS though.

Can't be hit by your own rocket directly? Wow I didn't expect that to go straight through himself/yourself.

Yep, been that way since Halo 3, it was in a HMB back then too.

You can get all the vehicle commendations in Spartan Ops.

Are you serious.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

lol for real? well time to play some spartan ops right now.

Surely not the splatter one? Needs to be MP.

0GgdS.jpg

Enemy spartans...

blamite

Surely not the splatter one? Needs to be MP.

Enemy spartans...

All I know is that in-game, the vehicle category says you can get the commendations in SpOps. And I think I've seen my splatter progress go up after gettign Splatters in SpOps. Sorry if it turns out I'm wrong. >.>

dalVlatko

Fuck CTF on Adrift

5 guys in a party camp in the base with camo, jetpack, and PV and every time we managed to kill enough of them to break through and make a run at the flag they just spawn outside the base and grab ours.

Fuck CTF on Adrift

5 guys in a party camp in the base with camo, jetpack, and PV and every time we managed to kill enough of them to break through and make a run at the flag they just spawn outside the base and grab ours.

CTF and most objectives need higher respawns. They always misunderstand that deaths should play a large role in Objective. That way slaying actually becomes useful.

Someone should hire someone who understands that.

did this on launch day guess im an asshole too :p only did like 15 big bags...lol

Yeah that was a dick move. What? Cant handle playing the game without double exp but not willing to buy the product? What are you in high school? Assuming people bought those for the codes you just wasted at least 30 dollars of other peoples money. GG.. im not a huge fan of doritos but I bought a few bags because you get the most codes for the least cost. People can be so stupid sometimes...

Yeah that was a dick move. What? Cant handle playing the game without double exp but not willing to buy the product? What are you in high school? Assuming people bought those for the codes you just wasted at least 30 dollars of other peoples money. GG.. im not a huge fan of doritos but I bought a few bags because you get the most codes for the least cost. People can be so stupid sometimes...
Calm down lady, the codes can be used for two different accounts.

Tawpgun

If I didn't get free double XP from NYCC I wouldn't have gotten any.

If they're gonna do this shit again for Halo 5, pick better food items pls.

Turns out im on the backup servers. I can play in the fallback hoppers, with a couple other 1000 people. Stats dont count but i can still play.

Also cleared my system cache and rebooted. On Infinity slayer, on the right where it says the player count etc there was yellow text saying "DLC required : Yes" then it disappeared when the game loaded.

I really dont know how they will handle implementing the DLC, ill wait to see if its as bad as reach before i buy.

Korosenai

So halo 4 decided to act as if ive never played before. Lost all of my campaign status (i can only play the prologue unless i want to beat it again), lost all of my loadouts, and reset all of my armor and everything (though i can still use it, but apparently i have 199 new items).

First time this has happened to me, but hopefully it doesnt happen again.

nomis

So halo 4 decided to act as if ive never played before. Lost all of my campaign status (i can only play the prologue unless i want to beat it again), lost all of my loadouts, and reset all of my armor and everything (though i can still use it, but apparently i have 199 new items).

First time this has happened to me, but hopefully it doesnt happen again.

You're getting the same shit as the dude above you I think. Don't worry, you're not permanently reset, you just can't access the servers which includes spartan and career information.

Yeah same there. This game is in desperate need for more maps, but I'm not going to get burned on DLC again. Every other AAA game on the market has found ways to implement DLC well (and has done so for some time), yet somehow the solution has magically eluded the Halo series.

343 doesn't believe in marketing, we all know this.

How do other FPSes handle Map DLC? I honestly can't recall any that do it well. Then again I don't really play other Console FPSes too much.

75 more splatters... I don't know if I can do this...

But I've come so far...

Those who have the green visor, any tips? I've been sticking to Dominion and... BTB and I've been getting at least three splatters a game.

Playing BTB for the visor has made me loathe the game.

All I know is that in-game, the vehicle category says you can get the commendations in SpOps. And I think I've seen my splatter progress go up after gettign Splatters in SpOps. Sorry if it turns out I'm wrong. >.>

I'm going to try this later. If it's true I'm going to be kicking myself.

Snapple double XP with neat halo facts on the caps.

Double XP codes on Snyder's pretzels.

What about daily style challenges linked to unique codes so you have:

1. Buy the product
2. Enter unique code to receive a specific in game challenge
3. Complete said quick mini daily challenge
4. Unlock double XP for your next game

MrDaravon

Oh so very close to the breaking point on this game. Every single goddamn fucking match of BTB turns into 12 people voting for Ragnarok (what the fuck?), everyone hanging back until one team loses their Mantis, then the team with the momentum takes the hill and has 5 guys hang out on the hill and on top of the Pelican and dongs on the other team for the whole match. Then the 5% of the time you're not playing on Ragnarok you're on Exile, where after nearly 3 weeks the Scorpion and Gauss Hog still exist, defying all reason. So in a similar fashion, one team will get one (or both) of those and just run a goddamn train on the other team.

Then if I play any of the smaller playlists it's nothing but people camo crouching and 1-shotting you with Boltshots. I'm actually way better at this game then previous Halos, so it's not like I'm upset because I'm getting donged on, it's just all so incredibly fucking stupid. They seemingly just took what they wanted from other games and made changes, but didn't actually balance anything around how Halo and it's existing weapons and maps worked. Even when I'm with a full group of friends and wrecking people, it's just not that fun. And that's when you can actually play and you're not getting split into separate teams (or even put into other games, which is a frequent issue two of my friend keep specifically having), joining games literally 2 seconds before they end (which they said wouldn't happen), matchmaking doesn't get aborted, and you haven't lost all of your loadouts and/or Spartan Points.

We're basically playing now to fill bars, which makes me realize that it's more or less any other shooter now; there's nothing "special" about Halo anymore :/

Computron

Oh so very close to the breaking point on this game. Every single goddamn fucking match of BTB turns into 12 people voting for Ragnarok (what the fuck?), everyone hanging back until one team loses their Mantis, then the team with the momentum takes the hill and has 5 guys hang out on the hill and on top of the Pelican and dongs on the other team for the whole match. Then the 5% of the time you're not playing on Ragnarok you're on Exile, where after nearly 3 weeks the Scorpion and Gauss Hog still exist, defying all reason. So in a similar fashion, one team will get one (or both) of those and just run a goddamn train on the other team.

Then if I play any of the smaller playlists it's nothing but people camo crouching and 1-shotting you with Boltshots. I'm actually way better at this game then previous Halos, so it's not like I'm upset because I'm getting donged on, it's just all so incredibly fucking stupid. They seemingly just took what they wanted from other games and made changes, but didn't actually balance anything around how Halo and it's existing weapons and maps worked. Even when I'm with a full group of friends and wrecking people, it's just not that fun. And that's when you can actually play and you're not getting split into separate teams (or even put into other games, which is a frequent issue two of my friend keep specifically having), joining games literally 2 seconds before they end (which they said wouldn't happen), matchmaking doesn't get aborted, and you haven't lost all of your loadouts and/or Spartan Points.

We're basically playing now to fill bars, which makes me realize that it's basically any other shooter now; there's nothing "special" about Halo anymore :/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.

Please kill me now. I think I may be past that point due to those same reasons.

Anyone up for some Halo 3?

Just got a road trip medal for a mongoose splatter with a passenger. First time I that happened so I was a bit surprised. Announcement was hilarious.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oh so very close to the breaking point on this game. Every single goddamn fucking match of BTB turns into 12 people voting for Ragnarok (what the fuck?), everyone hanging back until one team loses their Mantis, then the team with the momentum takes the hill and has 5 guys hang out on the hill and on top of the Pelican and dongs on the other team for the whole match.

Kind of sounds like a certain Halo 3 map... I think it's name began with a V... /scratches head

Top Bottom