• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

ElRenoRaven

Holy crap, looks great.

Is it an MMOFPS on consoles as well? And is Marty composing?

How will an MMOFPS work...

Also, Destiny Feels Like Halo™ more than Halo 4, haha.

Yup Marty is. He's however been doing some work with a famous musical icon. Not confirmed to be related to Destiny but I would assume so.

kylej

Banned
instead of master chief being frozen in that tube thing, I would've had him in a pepsi refrigerator filled with great pepsi products like Mountain Dew

Refrigerator_Pepsi_1.jpg6c11a80e-517e-45ae-9d4c-2e563f35c118Larger.jpg

upon waking up, chief busts open the door, turns around, cracks open a Dew, and based on how you move your controller to raise it to his mouth, that's the inverted/noninverted controls check. chief chugs it, grabs cortana, then while running out of the room he finds an old bag of doritos on the floor. he picks it up (holding the logo over the camera), then finds the first covenant enemy on board and punches him to death while holding the doritos bag.

nearing the level's end, cortana asks chief why he killed that covenant with a chip bag, which chief responds by saying, "just do it", except when subtitles are on you'll realize he said "just dew it".

end scene

ElRenoRaven

instead of master chief being frozen in that tube thing, I would've had him in a pepsi refrigerator filled with great pepsi products like Mountain Dew

http://preview.turbosquid.com/Preview/2010/12/03__18_10_00/Refrigerator_Pepsi_1.jpg6c11a80e-517e-45ae-9d4c-2e563f35c118Larger.jpg[IMG]

upon waking up, chief busts open the door, turns around, cracks open a Dew, and based on how you move your controller to raise it to his mouth, that's the inverted/noninverted controls check. chief chugs it, grabs cortana, then while running out of the room he finds an old bag of doritos on the floor. he picks it up (holding the logo over the camera), then finds the first covenant enemy on board and punches him to death while holding the doritos bag.

nearing the level's end, cortana asks chief why he killed that covenant with a chip bag, which chief responds by saying, "just do it", except when subtitles are on you'll realize he said "just dew it".

end scene[/QUOTE]

ROFLMAO. Damn it Kyle. I'm still at work. I can't be laughing like a mad man right now.

I am excited for Destiny, but cant forget that Bungie made Reach... I personally think a lot of what made Halo fun for me is exactly the stuff Bungie looked at and was disappointed by.

Im sure Destiny will be a good game, but I doubt it will give me the fix I need when it comes to Halo.

MrDaravon

*keeps saying "Remember Reach" to keep hype in check*

Yup. That leak sounds fucking amazing, but after so many disappointments in the last couple of years with games I want to see it in action before getting too excited. Bungie's concept artists are second to none though, Jesus Christ.

Yup. That leak sounds fucking amazing, but after so many disappointments in the last couple of years with games I want to see it in action before getting too excited. Bungie's concept artists are second to none though, Jesus Christ.

Yeah, they can still draw real good like.

Now let's see some of that Destiny gameplay

Karl2177

I am excited for Destiny, but cant forget that Bungie made Reach... I personally think a lot of what made Halo fun for me is exactly the stuff Bungie looked at and was disappointed by.

Im sure Destiny will be a good game, but I doubt it will give me the fix I need when it comes to Halo.

I can see where you're coming from and I understand it mostly. But also realize that this is what Jason has been working on since Halo 2-Halo 3 days. If those games and previous are anything to go by, then I'm sure there is something new and interesting while remaining true to a great core gameplay.

Why is everything a giant ball?

Didact in Destiny confirmed
Only joking, calm down

When you look at the concept art you can speculate a few things:

1. Player customisation, wide variety of helmets & armour
2. Teams/Factions (red vs. blue in one pic and also a red cape guy with emblem or leader ensignia)
3. FPS weapons, long range, handgun, assault style
4. Vehicles such as mammoth style, tank style, spaceship style
5. Shields on the space ship so technology is paramount suggesting Sci-Fi obviously
6. Play spaces scale and LOD mechanics
7. Player abilities e.g. blue bubble shield thing
8. Ships have emblems as well, most likely faction/team based.
9. Tank image has a Destiny logo on the shoulder...alien enemies???
10. Possible squad or orders based game mechanics, the solider finger pointing suggests these actions.

Anyone else spot something interesting?

Merguson

Banned
Didact in Destiny confirmed
Only joking, calm down

Destiny is the sequel to the Reclaimer Trilogy.

At the end of Halo 6, Master Chief fails to defeat the Didact and dies.

Over a long period of time, the Didact drives humanity to the brink of extinction. Allows the remnants of humans to live in one city. Watches over them in a giant ball.

Then.. humanity begins to rise back up and claim the mantle. Their... DESTINY.

maybe not

The MMO part worries me. Either it's gonna bomb when people think that it's a short-term endeavor and leave it all at once or it's going to be so successful it'll lead to a whole new breed of basement nerds and cause the earth to cave in on itself like a neutron star.

MrDaravon

Destiny is the sequel to the Reclaimer Trilogy.

At the end of Halo 6, Master Chief fails to defeat the Didact and dies.

Over a long period of time, the Didact drives humanity to the brink of extinction. Allows the remnants of humans to live in one city. Watches over them in a giant ball.

Then.. humanity begins to rise back up and claim the mantle. Their... DESTINY.

maybe not

3NzUG.gif

HOLD THE BALL TO EARN POINTS

FIRST TOUCH

MAGIC HANDS

You just made me do a spit-take, bravo sir.

I don't think it will be a traditional MMO. I'm expecting MMO elements in a story based game with some kind of PVP.

There was already a leak a couple of weeks ago and the source said it plays like Halo and they met up with another 3 man team to handle a task.

It read like it was co-op style and not war games style but there could be many ally or foe scenarios and mechanics.

Defect

You complain about the cheating in a 1-50 system. Assuming that this is your service record, and not some random person's, you changed your gamertag when you bought a 360, sometime between 2006 and 2007. And I've found an anomaly on your Halo 3 service record.

According to your Rank History( http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/rankhistory.aspx?player=oi mack io ), you achieved General rank on June 20th, 2009. I then went and checked your service record to see what game you got your General in, and it was this game in Living Dead.( http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=1193330309&player=oi mack io ) Note: You can tell he earned it in that game, because the next game shows the General logo. Now this means you earned the General via EXP, not the 50, since Living Dead isn't ranked. So that meant I needed to go back and find your most recent game of each ranked playlist. None of them contained a 50 in it. In any form of your defense: I only went back 16 pages before the General game, so it could still be there; And I'm not entirely sure on Halo 3's Rank system (whether it takes your highest achieved rank or your highest rank). I did go back to the very start and only found 2 questionable games(meaning your entire team DNF'd and the score is 0-0) until you reached 46 in Team Slayer.

The relevance: It backs your point better if you have your background to help you(although if the above is true, it might be hurting you).

My counter: You're making it seem like a bigger deal than what it actually was.

Living Dead was Ranked once or twice. Lol he's a Living Dead 50.

Karl2177

Marty's music is going to make it one heck of a premiere trailer.

Nostalgia time? Nostalgia time.
Halo 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXrYSEOg3Ro
ODST: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkwJuG4h63I
Reach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ez7iNjoVg

It's tough to say where the music is better. ODST's was damn brilliant, but the E Dorian gives me chills every time, and there's a definite sense of foreboding in the Reach trailer. Marty's work (and he's working with Paul McCartney) could make this more than awesome.

Top Bottom