• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Anyone disappointed that destiny is going to be playable on the 360? Dated hardware is gonna hold the game back if so.
I think I'd do Everything goes in Warmup playlists, Everything in Ranked Slayer, Nothing but Sprint in Pro, Nothing but Sprint in Doubles. Is that even possible by options?

And playlist specific in Weeklys cause those are all weird.

Im okay with this.

rakka

bungie made reach, yes, had its issues but was still more of a halo game than 4. so fuck yeah, bring on destiny. cant wait for trailer.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Whelp, just ordered Blackops 2 and a battery pack (have had these recharge batteries since launch.

Didn't get BLOPS2 because of disliking Halo, just getting it in case some of you hoosiers decide to play it. Plus I have other friends who dick around in it.

rakka

People thinking this is going to be like "old halo" are going to have their hearts broken.

since the game won't have the halo name it can be very different, don't mind at all. I've simply had a more enjoyable experience especially in terms of online with every single bungie game than I'll ever have with halo 4. I'd be much less hyped say if 343 was making destiny.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
New wallpaper, woot.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=32235

thirdtimesthecharm.jpg

I played some infinity slayer earlier today. I was having massive issues with the dmr. I would get the jump on someone shooting them in the back, and then they'd still somehow turn around and drop my shields and kill me even though all of my shots were hitting from the moment I started shooting. It was really pissing me off and causing me to doubt my shots, which is a bad thing in halo to doubt your shots.

Oh, and vehicles everywhere whilst being pinged from every point on the map by the dmr. Some real fun that was... Dealing with multiple ghosts is stupid, not including tanks, warthogs and mantis crap. A single plasma grenade stick should be enough to put a ghost out of commission. At the very least, it should destroy the vehicle, but spit the drive out with a small amount of health. Then people in vehicles don't have to feel quite like moving time bombs, but if you're on foot you have a small chance of survival. This is going back to halo 3 days of annoyance with vehicles for me.

Instant respawns need to be wiped from Halo 4 all-around.

ElRenoRaven

Except this isn't a FPS.. it's an MMOFPS with a strong emphasis on social. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea (although if it's like Borderlands it could be interesting).

Actually as has been pointed out. They never said it was an MMOFPS. They have said it is massive multiplayer styled. It even says that in the contract that came out as a result of the Activision lawsuit.

-Destiny art looks sweet, can't wait to see the game in action. The Story/Setting premise sounds interesting.
-750K 360's sold on Black Friday? Holy fuck pants!
-Just found out you can assassinate a Watcher last night, pretty cool.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Those Destiny teasers have me soooooo excited. Please be good. Please don't let Sage touch the weapon sandbox.

Tawpgun

destiny pls be at pax east pls urk pls luke pls bungle

On a side note, I wanted to start studying for chem tonight, so I printed out my practice exam and thats good enough for me. Halo time.

TCKaos

Is there an anti-boosting measure in Spoops? I just drove a warthog around with a team-mate in it for the entire game (Chapter 2), and when we finished I only had four kills but had 30 wheelmans and wasn't granted the victory bonus, only the completion bonus. Doing the same thing with the AI gunner the game before gave me the kill for each of his kills, and gave me both the victory and completion bonus.

EDIT: Next game I played as the gunner in a player-driven hog and received both completion and victory bonuses. Huh.

Also it's impossible to finish Chapter 2 without dying if you're attempting to actually get the objectives. The teleporter is too low, so hopping in to the man cannon to get launched in to the teleporter results in you smashing your noggin in to the top of the teleporter, killing you while the screen whites out. This is then reflected as a death in the post game screen.

You complain about the cheating in a 1-50 system. Assuming that this is your service record, and not some random person's, you changed your gamertag when you bought a 360, sometime between 2006 and 2007. And I've found an anomaly on your Halo 3 service record.

According to your Rank History( http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/rankhistory.aspx?player=oi mack io ), you achieved General rank on June 20th, 2009. I then went and checked your service record to see what game you got your General in, and it was this game in Living Dead.( http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=1193330309&player=oi mack io ) Note: You can tell he earned it in that game, because the next game shows the General logo. Now this means you earned the General via EXP, not the 50, since Living Dead isn't ranked. So that meant I needed to go back and find your most recent game of each ranked playlist. None of them contained a 50 in it. In any form of your defense: I only went back 16 pages before the General game, so it could still be there; And I'm not entirely sure on Halo 3's Rank system (whether it takes your highest achieved rank or your highest rank). I did go back to the very start and only found 2 questionable games(meaning your entire team DNF'd and the score is 0-0) until you reached 46 in Team Slayer.

The relevance: It backs your point better if you have your background to help you(although if the above is true, it might be hurting you).

My counter: You're making it seem like a bigger deal than what it actually was.

I got my 50 long before i became a general. I did lose the 50 because i kept playing Team Slayer, whereas most people stop to "Keep" their rank.

Im not sure exactly what your implying? I got a 50 in Living Dead lol?

Either way i still dont see the relevance. Unless your saying im a cheater, which from the stats you can see im not.

Either way id rather not see 1-50 return.

heckfu

Banned
I got my 50 long before i became a general. I did lose the 50 because i kept playing Team Slayer, whereas most people stop to "Keep" their rank.

Im not sure exactly what your implying? I got a 50 in Living Dead lol?

Either way i still dont see the relevance. Unless your saying im a cheater, which from the stats you can see im not.

Either way id rather not see 1-50 return.
Completely ignoring the miserable grammar of this post it still doesn't make any sense.

I think most players (and the CLEAR majority here) would like to see 1-50 return.

sp3000

Nostalgia time? Nostalgia time.
Halo 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXrYSEOg3Ro
ODST: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkwJuG4h63I
Reach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ez7iNjoVg

It's tough to say where the music is better. ODST's was damn brilliant, but the E Dorian gives me chills every time, and there's a definite sense of foreboding in the Reach trailer. Marty's work (and he's working with Paul McCartney) could make this more than awesome.

Nobody does trailers better than Bungie.

Except maybe DICE Multiplayer trailers

Trey

I have to say, I never quite liked how headshot capable weapons and the plasma pistol were so dominant in the campaign. You can destroy 80 percent of the enemies by just wheeling and dealing with the noob combo.

Try to jump into a game of Big Team Slayer. Game takes literally a few minutes to find a full match. Search restarts. Takes additional time to find a match, but for some reason places me in a game by myself.

Good job on the quick and responsible matchmaking, 343.

EDIT: responsive, not responsible. I hate typing on this damn iPad.

I love the sound of Destiny... except for the MMO part. I don't do those.
Destiny is the sequel to the Reclaimer Trilogy.

At the end of Halo 6, Master Chief fails to defeat the Didact and dies.

Over a long period of time, the Didact drives humanity to the brink of extinction. Allows the remnants of humans to live in one city. Watches over them in a giant ball.

Then.. humanity begins to rise back up and claim the mantle. Their... DESTINY.

maybe not

Best scenario for both franchises.

Karl2177

Not better than any of the Bungie Halo ones, but we can analyze that trailer pretty quickly. It's vague at the beginning to question what the new trilogy of games for the Xbox will be. Then it opens up to MC popping out of his cryo-tube, indicating that it's gonna be another Halo trilogy. Cue some action featuring a couple new ideas from 343(Thruster and Sticky Det) and lastly the FuD falling into the planet hinted at the end of Halo 3. The best part about the trailer though, is the transition of the music into the foreboding monk chant(that is subsequently absent from the game). That music still gives me chills and I'm moderately disappointed watching that and then playing the final game.

rakka

dear 343. it'd be much easier to play well in splitscreen if the reticule was scaled down like it was in reach. it's fucking huge and Im having a hard time with headshots when Im not scoped with the dmr or BR.

and a million other things. cheers.

Top Bottom