• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Starry Night is still the greatest ad or trailer of all time for any videogame. Yes that includes *that* Smash 64 commercial.

Karl2177

I got my 50 long before i became a general. I did lose the 50 because i kept playing Team Slayer, whereas most people stop to "Keep" their rank.

Im not sure exactly what your implying? I got a 50 in Living Dead lol?

Either way i still dont see the relevance. Unless your saying im a cheater, which from the stats you can see im not.

Either way id rather not see 1-50 return.

Here's my most recent post of skill systems. I've been mulling over an idea in my head about a "team cohesion factor", based on how close the skill is on each team. Then an overall system where a visible skill rank is affected based on the quality of the match, the team cohesion, and expected outcome.

And the point I was making with that was having your stats to back you up is a good thing. I was just curious on the strangeness of your General.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I think I've figured out Dominion scoring.

You get points every time you get an ammo drop at the base, so if bases keep "flipping" those bases never give the team points. So it's important to keep at least 1 base the entire time. I've just won the last 3 or 4 games of dominion straight and I think it had everything to do with my holding one base the entire time (defending it) while people fought over the other two bases.

I'm gonna get dat commando armor if it kills me, but I think it's gonna take a long time.

senador

Banned
What the hell is up with Complex? Gets voted for so much. I started just quitting out of it. I hate fighting over that stupid building.

You get points every time you get an ammo drop at the base, so if bases keep "flipping" those bases never give the team points. So it's important to keep at least 1 base the entire time. I've just won the last 3 or 4 games of dominion straight and I think it had everything to do with my holding one base the entire time (defending it) while people fought over the other two bases.

I'm gonna get dat commando armor if it kills me, but I think it's gonna take a long time.

Yeah that's right. Every time a base resupplies, the holding team scores.

FyreWulff

It's why I go for the harass and start a takeover even if I know those 4 enemies are going to obliterate me when they realize what's going on, because it restarts the timer.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah kittens, H4 BTB sucks more than Reach. Stay away.
I have the same feeling I had with Reach most of the time. I can't take it seriously, so I just play dumb playlists hoping to get some of that zany random type of fun. I usually just get depressed instead.

I have the same feeling I had with Reach most of the time. I can't take it seriously, so I just play dumb playlists hoping to get some of that zany random type of fun. I usually just get depressed instead.

Yeah, I lasted longer than you, but that's where I'm at with the game as well.

I'd love to play some CTF games with people, but I'm at work at the moment. Maybe tomorrow night?

Noricart

Can someone tell me why Regicide and Flood are permanent playlists, yet FFA Throwback, SWAT, and Snipers are seasonal? And why Team Doubles doesn't exist? Or Objective BTB? And Extraction? Hell, I could go on forever.
It feels like this game could have used a lot more time for development.

Hope we get some beefy patches amending most of the other crap.

Also praying I can see CSR in-game, or at least in another way that isn't shitty Waypoint web-app.

MrDaravon

So I decide to play some KotH while waiting for some people, since I still need 9 wins for the monthly (why I care, I don't know). My team consists of 4 other individual randoms (no one was in a group as far as I could tell), our SR for what it's worth ranged from 41 to 51, except one guy who was a 68.

All five of the people on the other team were in a group consisting of a 68, 3 70s, and a 118 who all have insane fucking K/D and games played. The game starts, and my loadout names are still there, but they were all replaced with AR/pistols, and the game decides to not give me access to the playlist default loadouts. So while I'm running around with an AR, these guys were fucking legit and proceed to dong on us harder than I think I've ever seen yet in Halo 4, and I can't do jack fucking shit because I don't even have access to my shit (and to be fair I don't know how much better it would have gone if I had). I go 15 and 31, which is one of my worst performances ever.

I back out for five minutes and go back into KotH, puts me in a game almost done against the same fucking team, and my team again consists of 4 disparate randoms of even lower levels. My loadouts are gone again. I legitimately hate this fucking game.

Can someone tell me why Regicide and Flood are permanent playlists, yet FFA Throwback, SWAT, and Snipers are seasonal? And why Team Doubles doesn't exist? Or Objective BTB? Hell, I could go on forever.

Because they decided to tie Commendations to specific modes, so they can't remove them.

Here's my most recent post of skill systems. I've been mulling over an idea in my head about a "team cohesion factor", based on how close the skill is on each team. Then an overall system where a visible skill rank is affected based on the quality of the match, the team cohesion, and expected outcome.

And the point I was making with that was having your stats to back you up is a good thing. I was just curious on the strangeness of your General.

Thats a pretty good post. At least you addressed my points instead of just commenting on my grammar.

Bottom line, Id love a ranking system. I just dont think 1-50 is the way forward.

Your idea of combining Trueskill and the new CSR or whatever its called seems promising.

People thinking this is going to be like "old halo" are going to have their hearts broken.

Honestly, I'm glad it's not Halo. Bungie is going to be able to try something new without having people complaining because it's not what they expected.

And I want something new at this point. I think I might be done with Halo.

heckfu

Banned
So I decide to play some KotH while waiting for some people, since I still need 9 wins for the monthly (why I care, I don't know). My team consists of 4 other individual randoms (no one was in a group as far as I could tell), our SR for what it's worth ranged from 41 to 51, except one guy who was a 68.

All five of the people on the other team were in a group consisting of a 68, 3 70s, and a 118 who all have insane fucking K/D and games played. The game starts, and my loadout names are still there, but they were all replaced with AR/pistols, and the game decides to not give me access to the playlist default loadouts. So while I'm running around with an AR, these guys were fucking legit and proceed to dong on us harder than I think I've ever seen yet in Halo 4, and I can't do jack fucking shit because I don't even have access to my shit (and to be fair I don't know how much better it would have gone if I had). I go 15 and 31, which is one of my worst performances ever.

I back out for five minutes and go back into KotH, puts me in a game almost done against the same fucking team, and my team again consists of 4 disparate randoms of even lower levels. My loadouts are gone again. I legitimately hate this fucking game.

Because they decided to tie Commendations to specific modes, so they can't remove them.
I thought you quit Halo.

Gray Man

Banned

What they need to have is a toggle option. Join in progress is fine, but if you want to start a game with a fully lobby, you should have the right to do so. This is what I imagine.

In a matchmaking options area, just select "Disable Join in Progress". This way all the matches you join will be match made from the start. You may have slightly slower matchmaking times, but that is a small price to pay.

Is it just me, or does this seem like something that would be easy to implement?

neoism

When mine got wiped during the Reach era (happened 3 times) I never got it back. How would you rate your experience so far with the Halo 4 beta?

got that shit like 6th times... glad I soloed Legendary before I got it once... halo 4 coop legendary was a mess for me.. the 7th level fucked up three times.. the last was at the last cut-scene had to do it again so we just did it on system link and it say I've only beat 5 levels now lol...good thing I dont care anymore..
Please, just try it.

haven't played in a few days...next time I play i will use this.

Redford

aka Cabbie

You know you could have edited your loadouts in-game in like 2 seconds, right?

Top Bottom