• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

I play one or two games per day and that's it. I don't get much enjoyment out of it anymore. The campaign is still nice and all and I'm interested in seeing where the story goes but the mulitplayer doesn't grab me like it used to. Maybe it's the lack of friends playing like I used to have, I don't know.

Infinity BTB was the highest populated list today when I was on. Sigh.

I play one or two games per day and that's it. I don't get much enjoyment out of it anymore. The campaign is still nice and all and I'm interested in seeing where the story goes but the mulitplayer doesn't grab me like it used to. Maybe it's the lack of friends playing like I used to have, I don't know.

The extreme shortage of maps is also disheartening.
I can't confirm 100%, but I haven't noticed that going up when I splatter enemies. They do count for vehicle kills (as in, killing the vehicle), though.
Thanks

Ken

Maybe you're just tired of shootbang. Like me.

I was trying to decide if I should get FarCry 3 today because "Skyrim but on a tropical island" sounded pretty appealing to me. But then I saw shootbangs and got bored quick.

MrDaravon

I thought you quit Halo.

No, I said I was going to finish the monthly wins challenge and Episode 5 (for the three achievements tied to that), and after that I was probably going to sell it. Still undecided on that, mainly because I have two friends who are really into the game, but those two friends are the ones having far and away the worst network issues, which is kind of ironic. Anyway, I still need like 8 wins for the monthly.

Edit: Still don't have access to my loadout, which turns out mostly sucks because I can't start with a PP. Vehicles on Ragnarok are presenting much more of an issue without one :/

The extreme shortage of maps is also disheartening.

Thanks

yeah that probably has something to do with it as well

haven is a good map. but it's tiring playing it over and over and over and over and over

Maybe you're just tired of shootbang. Like me.

I was trying to decide if I should get FarCry 3 today because "Skyrim but on a tropical island" sounded pretty appealing to me. But then I saw shootbangs and got bored quick.

I can see why you'd think that but honestly, FPS games are the only kind I really play. My roommate got BLOPSII for the PS3 and I was playing that and having fun despite the handicap of being on a laggy TV with a dualshock.

I need to get more varied taste in games, I guess. I just don't have much time to play anything but FPS games. I used to spend a lot of time on Forza but Forza 4 didn't grab me for some reason.

I'm really looking forward to GTAV though. So there's always that. And now Destiny.

heckfu

Banned
No, I said I was going to finish the monthly wins challenge and Episode 5 (for the three achievements tied to that), and after that I was probably going to sell it. Still undecided on that, mainly because I have two friends who are really into the game, but those two friends are the ones having far and away the worst network issues, which is kind of ironic. Anyway, I still need like 8 wins for the monthly.
You should probably sell it.

Ken

I can see why you'd think that but honestly, FPS games are the only kind I really play. My roommate got BLOPSII for the PS3 and I was playing that and having fun despite the handicap of being on a laggy TV with a dualshock.

I need to get more varied taste in games, I guess. I just don't have much time to play anything but FPS games. I used to spend a lot of time on Forza but Forza 4 didn't grab me for some reason.

I'm really looking forward to GTAV though. So there's always that. And now Destiny.

I'm sorry.

Just got the RvB achievement and I didn't do anything. One guy finds it and everyone gets it?

yeah, that's how I got it. I saw the guy do it though and heard the easter egg, so i'm not sure of the actual parameters.

I'm sorry.

There's no need to be. I play what I get the most replay value out of, and that happens to be shooters. I hate spending 60 dollars on games I play once and don't touch again.

I dunno...like, what are the big games all the neogaf kids are playin these days that aren't shootbang?

Homeboyd

yeah, that's how I got it. I saw the guy do it though and heard the easter egg, so i'm not sure of the actual parameters.
There is apparently one on the Ragnarok SpOps missions too then. The past couple of times I've played it (can't remember which exact mission) I've heard that little RvB jingle at the start... and I wasn't doing anything.

Anyone know what it is? I've just seen the lava box one.

malfcn

There is apparently one on the Ragnarok SpOps missions too then. The past couple of times I've played it (can't remember which exact mission) I've heard that little RvB jingle at the start... and I wasn't doing anything.

Anyone know what it is? I've just seen the lava box one.

I think it is in the trees.

Homeboyd

I think it is in the trees.
Another box?

Edit: Nevermind. Saw them on YT. Didn't realize there was a new egg each week. Where's this week's?

In addition, what's the point? I mean I know they're just Easter eggs... But they're all boxes and the achievement pops after the first one.

rakka

Yeah that workaround to JIP might work but so far I've just gone through the process almost 10 times and can't seem to come across a non JIP game. lol

MrDaravon

I WAS JOKING

It's after midnight and I'm drinking, my sarcasm meter is totally broken :(

But for reals, not having access to your loadouts suuuuuucks. In typical BTB fashion we keep getting Ragnarok, and half of my deaths are by vehicle which I could have at least potentially avoided.

Booshka

There's no need to be. I play what I get the most replay value out of, and that happens to be shooters. I hate spending 60 dollars on games I play once and don't touch again.

I dunno...like, what are the big games all the neogaf kids are playin these days that aren't shootbang?

Dark Souls, commit yourself to that game like you have with Halo, and you won't regret it. You can sink your teeth into that game, after it eats you alive though. Seriously though, PvP, co op and just general PvE and playthroughs is very satisfying. You don't just beat it in 7 hours then move on, you play it for at least 70 hours or 700 hours. I have pretty varied tastes, but I usually spend most of my gaming time shooting shit, not really anymore, I play some shooters and other games, then a shit ton of Dark Souls.

senador

Banned
Just played an entire round where the audio was messed up as if I was in a regen field, but I wasn't. Continued after death even.

mobas

fighting

rts

:x

I have a bunch of roommates that play LoL but I always told myself I was gonna wait for DoTA2. I guess I could give LoL a shot.

as for fighting I used to play a ton of DBZ budokai. I spent so much time doing the convoluted quest to unlock broly and had so much fun doing it. People are too good at fighting games though. It turns way too serious so it's not like I could ever play online.

I also play a TON of Binding of Isaac. I'm trying to get Cheat Engine to work for it on my mac though and I'd definitely get back into it if I could.

Tawpgun

Grab a friend or 3.

Load up rally point alpha on Shutdown

Betray Marines

Fight Spartan IV's

Skulls affect them. I.E. Mythic makes them harder to kill. Not sure if Thunderstorm upgrades marines to Spartan IV's.

Twas a lot of fun.

Dark Souls, commit yourself to that game like you have with Halo, and you won't regret it. You can sink your teeth into that game, after it eats you alive though. Seriously though, PvP, co op and just general PvE and playthroughs is very satisfying. You don't just beat it in 7 hours then move on, you play it for at least 70 hours or 700 hours. I have pretty varied tastes, but I usually spend most of my gaming time shooting shit, not really anymore, I play some shooters and other games, then a shit ton of Dark Souls.

I'll give it a shot but I worry that it's something I'm waaaayyy too casual for. I'd probably only do it over the summer too, I don't really have time while at school.

wwm0nkey

Saw this on the TeamCoco site and on reddit.

halo-509d6c36cfe34-50aace936e4b6.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just played an entire round where the audio was messed up as if I was in a regen field, but I wasn't. Continued after death even.

Same shit happen to Kyle the other day. I would seriously shut off my Xbox if that happened to me lol

Karl2177

Hey, Tashi, if you end up doing a podcast on ranking systems, let me know. I'm interested in being a guest on that(assuming you aren't doing it tonight).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hey, Tashi, if you end up doing a podcast on ranking systems, let me know. I'm interested in being a guest on that(assuming you aren't doing it tonight).

We are not doing it tonight. I can't promise you anything, I've already got guests booked :x

Grab a friend or 3.

Load up rally point alpha on Shutdown

Betray Marines

Fight Spartan IV's

Skulls affect them. I.E. Mythic makes them harder to kill. Not sure if Thunderstorm upgrades marines to Spartan IV's.

Twas a lot of fun.

Been doing this myself, it's beautiful. Easiest way to do it from my experience is stockpile shit in the audio log room to the far right where the railguns/SAWs spawn. Soooo rewarding once you finally manage to kill them all.

Having Spartans as AI allies (that is, teammates with rechargable shields, but that can also die unlike Reach) is pretty amazing too. Makes me actually want to protect them. It's too bad they can't hold Energy Swords though. :(

So can somebody explain to me why that one large hill on Complex was a bad thing and needed to be changed? Thought it was cool like that considering how wide open that area is.. Now it's just a little circle in the middle of an open field ;[

Omni

I guess Bungie's almost ready to show us what they're working on then. Concept art is interesting I guess.

Trees aren't loading in Halo 2 Vista. Anyone know why this might be?

Oh this is interesting...

78zkzl.jpg

Zgqh0l.jpg

zSu4Yl.jpg

In-case it isn't clear what this is, according to modders all of the old armor effects (Inclement weather, pestilence, flaming armor, etc) are in the H4 game files. I wonder if this is simply a case of old code or rather future DLC.

Omni

Oh this is interesting...

In-case it isn't clear what this is, according to modders all of the old armor effects (Inclement weather, pestilence, flaming armor, etc) are in the H4 game files. I wonder if this is simply a case of old code or rather future DLC.

I want mah flames again

Top Bottom