• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

FyreWulff

Oh this is interesting...

78zkzl.jpg

Zgqh0l.jpg

zSu4Yl.jpg

In-case it isn't clear what this is, according to modders all of the old armor effects (Inclement weather, pestilence, flaming armor, etc) are in the H4 game files. I wonder if this is simply a case of old code or rather future DLC.

Leftover from being built off of Reach.

Although it brings a thought: it'd be cool if SKU bonuses from one Halo game carried over to the next, somehow. Like, the Reach Johnson voice is unlocked via having Johnson in ODST, if you bought the Reach LE stuff you get something in 4, if you bought 4's stuff you get something in future Halo titles..

The closest we've come to this is the Reach nameplates.

OMG. The Destiny stuff from Bungie. Can't Wait. That is all.

Also, finally was able to finish off Legendary solo in H4. Feels real good. My S-IV now bears the 4-plot we Grims always wear as well as the 117, in honor of he who saved us all.

Carry on...

Korosenai

We kept rushing the last base since there was only two on the enemy team when the game started. They were bunkered down with Incineration cannon and Boltshots.
#dominion.

And I'm just messing with ya. I joined the game when there was ten seconds left. I was going to keep playing but it wouldn't start up a second match because everyone quit.

vinnie13

Neo Member
LOVE this game.

Love spartan ops too. If I had one complaint it would be to maybe add a bit more to the objectives and let us play on legendary or with skulls in matchmaking,

Otherwise spartan ops is so awesome.

I've played every Spartan ops mission legendary with 3 others, apart from the odd encounter it just isn't difficult enough. Skulls would make a real difference to this, it might actually become a challenge to compete! Regardless of the difficulty I think the encounters are well constructed or just plain cool (four mantis' blowing hell out of covenant air support).

rakka

SAW lost to AR?

AR is pretty damn powerful at close range in halo 4. preferred reach strength AR so run and gunners wouldn't get kills so easily, especially after I've just come out of an encounter and have say half shields left. against halo 4 AR in this situation I'm fucked :)

GrizzNKev

Banned
AR is pretty damn powerful at close range in halo 4. preferred reach strength AR so run and gunners wouldn't get kills so easily, especially after I've just come out of an encounter and have say half shields left. against halo 4 AR in this situation I'm fucked :)

I feel like Reach did a better job of visually communicating how much it would take to pop someone's shields. I could pace myself that way. In 4 it kinda just feels like SHOOOOOT!!!

Grab a friend or 3.

Load up rally point alpha on Shutdown

Betray Marines

Fight Spartan IV's

Skulls affect them. I.E. Mythic makes them harder to kill. Not sure if Thunderstorm upgrades marines to Spartan IV's.

Twas a lot of fun.
holy crap. Thats going on the TODO list.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I shooped up some wallpapers using the Destiny logo as a base if anyone wants 'em. Only in 1080p for now.

http://i.minus.com/jgJ9lCZSMBLHh.bmp[IMG]

[URL="http://i.minus.com/igJ9lCZSMBLHh.bmp"]Download[/URL]

[IMG]http://i5.minus.com/jTCJzwqlMACDQ.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://i5.minus.com/iTCJzwqlMACDQ.bmp"]Download[/URL][/QUOTE]

Yoink!

Thanks

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I was like, oh no, farming the AR and Magnum commendation is going to take forever, and then I remembered: FFA Throwback. I'm cleaning up kills left and right.

The plasma pistol commendation is still going to take forever, though.

Edit : Uhh, I just got a triple kill with the third kill being after I respawned. :-O

Ken

Leftover from being built off of Reach.

Although it brings a thought: it'd be cool if SKU bonuses from one Halo game carried over to the next, somehow. Like, the Reach Johnson voice is unlocked via having Johnson in ODST, if you bought the Reach LE stuff you get something in 4, if you bought 4's stuff you get something in future Halo titles..

The closest we've come to this is the Reach nameplates.

It'd be cool if I could use these Spartan Points to buy the models of the guns from older games.

rakka

seriously, my armor never resets. why the fuck did my loadouts reset yet again! this game, god damn. so many frustrations.

Booshka

I was like, oh no, farming the AR and Magnum commendation is going to take forever, and then I remembered: FFA Throwback. I'm cleaning up kills left and right.

The plasma pistol commendation is still going to take forever, though.

Edit : Uhh, I just got a triple kill with the third kill being after I respawned. :-O

Halo is weird now.

rakka

I feel like Reach did a better job of visually communicating how much it would take to pop someone's shields. I could pace myself that way. In 4 it kinda just feels like SHOOOOOT!!!

yeah for all the hate reach gets, imo it got a lot of things right, moreso than 4.

and yeah 4 caters a lot more to the rush in guns ablazing style players. strategy, pacing, map control etc take a backseat

Tunavi

Banned
I had more fun playing Super Mario Bros 1 on my 3ds in between games more than actually playing Halo 4 tonight.

The game is 27 years old

So I joined a game in progress yesterday where stiezer said game over the moment I joined - he then continued to say "hold the ball to earn points" while the game over screen was displayed.

I can't wait to try out what Cyren posted, any chance we can get a text based guide on what to do? Can't access YouTube right now.

TheOddOne

It looks the same as Reach? Three/four shots with DMR, the shield pops offs and you can pretty much finish the person. Nothing has really changed.

malfcn

Game is random tonight. I hit a kid with a grenade, 3 DMR shots and he just waltzed around. And then a kill cam from someone that killed me was them just running around not actually doing anything.

GrizzNKev

Banned
It looks the same as Reach? Three/four shots with DMR, the shield pops offs and you can pretty much finish the person. Nothing has really changed.

I mean the way the shields would grow brighter and animate like crazy as they got closer to popping. I haven't noticed if it's exactly the same in 4 but it was very noticeable in Reach.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Game is random tonight. I hit a kid with a grenade, 3 DMR shots and he just waltzed around. And then a kill cam from someone that killed me was them just running around not actually doing anything.
I was watching my friend play last week, and he died twice in one of the caves on Longbow, with absolutely no one shooting him. There was no one in the cave, and no visible sight lines to shoot him through. He just slowly got pinged and killed, like someone was cross mapping him with the DMR or something.

I'd love to see more enemies that carry two weapons in the future. The Elites that pull out the sword in rage mode are great. I want to see higher ranking enemies try to noob combo me, and other things of that nature.

Spartan Ops.

Ramirez

Really need to get a Sanctuary & Lockout in there ASAP, so simple to do. I guess they're gonna let the map pack maps have their time first though, which is probably the right thing to do.

malfcn

Nothing like getting in a firefight and losing, to see the kill cam show your team mate swinging melee 5 times and missing. Shoot muthafucka!

Reach unquestionably did a better job at not only shield feedback, but just about every form of feedback. Not an area that Halo 4 excels in.

And then Halo 4 died.

-------------------------------

Don't think Jaime is much of a fan of H4 lol
JaimeH4.png

zap

Reach unquestionably did a better job at not only shield feedback, but just about every form of feedback. Not an area that Halo 4 excels in.

And then Halo 4 died.

-------------------------------

JaimeH4.png

When playing through with my brother (who has played all Halo games, but doesn't read the books) was completely lost as to what was going on. Really terrible storytelling :/

zap

JaimeH4.png

SnWI4.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44269438&postcount=2771

Also, anyone notice Elites and Grunts can jump really freaking high in Spartan Ops? I saw an Elite jump up almost the entire structure on the snow level and grunts jumped up a structure on their own in lavaplace.

Yup, when starting one of the missions (the first one?) the elites were superjumping all the time, it was nuts.

J10

Banned
When playing through with my brother (who has played all Halo games, but doesn't read the books) was completely lost as to what was going on. Really terrible storytelling :/

I'm wondering if they thought Halo 4's narrative would be so captivating that it'd make people want to go out and buy the books. As much as I like the idea of the games having stronger ties to the extended fiction, I think Bungie's method of keeping the games somewhat isolated from it worked better - at least so far. Either that or there's gotta be a way to keep players informed about what's going on without requiring extended reading/watching Waypoint videos. On one hand, the game wants to focus on the personal relationship between Chief and Cortana, which it does fairly well I think, but then the bigger picture stuff with the Covenant and Forerunners gets muddled and confusing to non-readers. The latter area needs a stronger focus next time.

Top Bottom