• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

mhi

Reset glitch sucks and someone said the game is based of off Reach ? Explains why sometimes sprint gets disabled.

willow ve

Has anyone else tried to get the backstabber commendation in Sparty Ops? It is impossible to get assassinations if you play solo. Even the grunts always turn to face you dead on. There is no fooling them.

I just find the hitboxes on prometheans weird. I feel like I hit the crawlers in the head and they don't die.

And I still don't get the knight hitbox. Shields pop, I dong them in the face, nothing happens.

I have the same issue. I don't know if the hitboxes are buggy or just really poorly defined.

Could it be that the knights are invulnerable for a few frames during their "rage / shields popped" animation?

I just find the hitboxes on prometheans weird. I feel like I hit the crawlers in the head and they don't die.

And I still don't get the knight hitbox. Shields pop, I dong them in the face, nothing happens.

I have the same issue. I don't know if the hitboxes are buggy or just really poorly defined.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yes, because no one bitched at 343 for months about hating Forge maps in Reach. No one ever said "Keep Forge maps out of Halo 4 playlists." /sarcasm

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.
It's all about moderation. When I checked the amount of Forge maps a few months ago I found out that of the ~320 maps (This includes duplicates across playlists) ~130 were Forge maps (either Bungie or community made). But for people who don't have any of the DLC maps (which accounts for ~110 maps) this meant that over half the maps that could be voted for were Forge maps. The weighting on each map of course influences the amount of times certain maps will show up in the voting screen but it still gives you a fairly good idea of the ridiculous amount of Forge maps in Reach matchmaking.

For Halo 4 they really should not have more than 1 Forge maps on each environment in a playlist. So that's 3 Forge maps per playlist. That way 343 can add Forge maps to allow for more variety while not having every goddamn map look the same.

Booties

Banned
I dunno, if you say you're plan is to use forged maps in multiplayer then do so in a reasonable amount of time. 343 may be forced to wait so DLC will sell better though. But still, don't say it if you can't follow through. 3-4 months later? Maaaaybe? Come on!

TCKaos

51ifP.png

zlatko

Banned
Repost from H4 thread:

Anyone want to trade me a code for either the Best Buy pre order DLC armor or the Locus Helm, for my Nuketown DLC code for Black Ops 2? (Prefer the Locus helm)

willow ve

I really like having a dedicated CTF playlist.

Flag defense is actually fun on some of these maps. Which, in previous Halo games, could not be said. I would definitely change the flag reset time. As it stands a person can grab the flag, move it, respawn and sprint back to that flag area a total of 3 times (usually) before the flag reset timer runs out. I shouldn't have to kill a max of 18 people to defend my flag during one reset timer.

Either make the timer 15 seconds (allowing a person one death, spawn, sprint to flag) or make it a reduced timer if you're standing near the flag (risk + reward).

For example, yesterday on Ragnarok I went 40-10-4. I had 17 flag carrier kills in a single game... and the game still ended 4 to 4. At some point, when killing the entire opposing team, you should be able to reset your flag.

Sure, sucks is the map quality in it.

Why complex is in this game in any way shape or form boils down to "it performs really well during Sparty Ops"

willow ve

Major Nelson will be posting the "most played" list today (according to his Twitter).
Anyone care to predict the results? Will Halo 4 even make the top 3?

Has Stinkles given up on HaloGAF? I haven't seen him post in this thread or the gaming side one in awhile...

Most played or weekly UU?

Most likely UU - I don't think they've ever done a list of "most hours played" - sorry for the confusing wording.

TCKaos

Has Stinkles given up on HaloGAF? I haven't seen him post in this thread or the gaming side one in awhile...

He's posted in PoliGAF some, but I don't blame him for not coming here. We've so completely salted the fields that it's not like anything could grow here anyway. Ellis is a brave man to try.

orznge

Banned
lol yeah been reading it that is just sad and 343 and Mircosoft should be ashamed, but they don't give afuck... sad thing is the guy bought another xbox just to play halo 4...Don't think he realizes what he has done...Destiny will be the last game I get for this console... so glad the second one is on PC.

I have my doubts that the second game, or any game in that series will be released on the PC. I hope they are though.

willow ve

lol yeah been reading it that is just sad and 343 and Mircosoft should be ashamed, but they don't give afuck... sad thing is the guy bought another xbox just to play halo 4...Don't think he realizes what he has done...Destiny will be the last game I get for this console... so glad the second one is on PC.

I have my doubts that the second game, or any game in that series will be released on the PC. I hope they are though.

I thought the leaked contract stipulated that the 2nd and 3rd game would only be released on mutliple platforms if the first game sold X number of copies. Might be mistaken in my remembrance. Either way I'm not really looking forward to an MMORPG with "strong emphasis on social" ... If it has a decent multiplayer vs mode I might be swayed, but there's only so much Borderlands I can take.

Shadders

Yeah I think the ban was fair.

Didn't he get a friend in the shop to give it him under the proviso that he would pay later? Why the hell should he be unbanned? :lol

I doubt he will be unbanned. For one, the transaction was not legitimate. He has no proof of purchase. Two, he did play an unreleased game early, (without PoP).

Also, looking at that thread, expecting Frankie to do CSR work. :lol

Kind of screams entitlement. I hate to imagine how many PMs O'Connor and Ellis receive here.

Not that I don't feel bad for the banned dude, but this console is 6 years old, this shit has happened many times before...why go online before release date? It's just asking for trouble.

TCKaos

I mean, I understand where Microsoft is coming from, I feel the same as polyh3dron:

How is MS ever supposed to know that anyone is playing with a stolen copy? It shouldn't fucking matter. If you are playing with a genuine Xbox disc, they shouldn't be banning you. Point blank. The burden isn't on the OP to produce a receipt, the only burden there should be on the OP is to show that it was a genuine game disc and he has done so.

Tawpgun

Playing Reclaimer for the cheevos.

Before getting on mammoth, go exploring.

Return to Battlefield and Invisible Walls everywhere. Why?

Then I manage to get my wraith across the "toxic rivers"

And the game loads the next session and my wraith disappears from under me. WHY.

darthbob

I... banning people for anything but piracy is no good in my book.
Punish the store, not the player.

If the OP from that topic provided the establishment to Frank, I'm sure a reprimand will occur in the future for that business. However the OP made it sound like he wasn't willing to expose the store, so... >_>

rakka

reach seems to find games even quicker than when halo 4 first came out if that means anything. I've come across quite a few players while reach matchmaking that also have 4 but prefer to still play reach online. oh and cod just released too

I still play heaps of halo 4 mp though, but I feel im just doing it for the xp. :-/

whenever the gf wants to play splitscreen we fire up reach though since most halo 4 maps run like dogshit when we play. especially complex. I'd say 343 didn't care much for splitscreen players, some of you claim that's it's simply due to the visual upgrade but it's not just the performance issues, it's things like the killfeed and scoreboard becoming almost unreadable due to the horrible font and all caps, reticle not being scaled down , its huge, so unless you scope it's not as easy to be accurate, etc. not to mention she also hates ordnance and general lack of pacing, strategy, predictability...

we try to enjoy swat but trueskill gives us games laggy as fuck whereas reach swat was a better experience connection wise, bloom and all considered

Top Bottom