• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Anyone else thing that BTB Infinity Slayer, should just be BTB Infinity?

Throw some objective game types in there with some ordinance drops, lets see how that shit works. Probably really fun.

MinkTANK

Banned
Pretty sure it's more than CoD. Considering all the games coming out right now. It will spike back up after Xmas I'd assume.
Yeah, I just don't play anything now. Cancelled my internet and bumped up my phone's data limit to unlimited.

S'all good, I'll get it back after the first TU.

Live Activity week of November 19

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Halo 4
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Assassin’s Creed III
NBA 2K13
Modern Warfare 2
Madden NFL 13
Battlefield 3
Borderlands 2
Skyrim
GTA IV
Halo: Reach
Gears of War 3
FIFA 12
Forza Motorsport 4
Hitman: Absolution
Forza Horizon

edit: almost called it :p

Booties

Banned
Think there is any value to an unopened halo:CEA disk? It has the avatar code intact too. I accidentally pre-ordered two because I forgot about the first one I did. It's just been sitting on my video game shelf for a while now.

Or a trade? I never played assassin's creed. At all. Any of them.

JB1981

LOL @ Gears 3 on there. Such a solid game, but it just couldn't carry itself as time went on.

Too bad since it's the best game of MP on the system.

KotH in Halo 4 can be really fun when you are matched up with a team that actually cares about controlling the hill. Definitely my favorite game type and I'm glad there is a dedicated playlist for it. 343 has done a good job of making dedicated playlists for Obj-based games.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Think there is any value to an unopened halo:CEA disk? It has the avatar code intact too. I accidentally pre-ordered two because I forgot about the first one I did. It's just been sitting on my video game shelf for a while now.

Go to Walmart and say, "oh I got this as a gift but I already have it can I just exchange it for another game? It's sealed but I don't have a receipt" I did that once when I won a copy of Gears of War lol

darthbob

Go to Walmart and say, "oh I got this as a gift but I already have it can I just exchange it for another game? It's sealed but I don't have a receipt" I did that once when I won a copy of Gears of War lol

Technically fraud; but they do have a policy that they can accept 3 no-receipt items back for in-store credit a year though, last time I checked.

51ifP.png

The best canon explanation from 343i ...oh wait.

Fuchsdh

Playing Reclaimer for the cheevos.

Before getting on mammoth, go exploring.

Return to Battlefield and Invisible Walls everywhere. Why?

Then I manage to get my wraith across the "toxic rivers"

And the game loads the next session and my wraith disappears from under me. WHY.
I got across the first river with my Wraith just fine--as long as I went after Lasky told everyone to pile in, otherwise I hit a soft kill zone that instakilled me.

zlatko

Banned
Lolno, that game turned into a giant ballsack after a few months. Judgement has a huge chance though, the only MP title I'm looking forward to right now.

They did updates, added maps, etc. What exactly made it turn so shitty? I stuck with it for a month or two and loved it, but for whatever reason I couldn't get addicted like I was to Gears 1 which I played everyday for 6 months+ straight. Hell even Gears 2 which I loathe I spent more time with than Gears 3 even though 3 had so much what I wanted. (dedi servers the biggest)

Judgement doesn't excite me at all and I question some of the MP choices. No mention of dedis, stopping power removed, and active bullets removed. Idk man...idk.

willow ve

Playing Reclaimer for the cheevos.

Before getting on mammoth, go exploring.

Return to Battlefield and Invisible Walls everywhere. Why?

Then I manage to get my wraith across the "toxic rivers"

And the game loads the next session and my wraith disappears from under me. WHY.

If you get a Wraith that is damaged... just get a checkpoint and then kill yourself while in the wraith. It will spawn you with a brand new wraith. Jump out, then melee the front two "wings" until they fall off. After they're off you can drive the wraith into the mammoth very easily.

If you glitch/trick/etc. to get over the insta-death streams without using the mammoth as a bridge you'll usually lose your wraith at checkpoints, etc., for some reason.

If you get a Wraith that is damaged... just get a checkpoint and then kill yourself while in the wraith. It will spawn you with a brand new wraith. Jump out, then melee the front two "wings" until they fall off. After they're off you can drive the wraith into the mammoth very easily.

If you glitch/trick/etc. to get over the insta-death streams without using the mammoth as a bridge you'll usually lose your wraith at checkpoints, etc., for some reason.

I loaded the Gauss hog into the Mammoth because it's basically the only way to destroy all the Ghosts and Wraith the level throws at you, but after a checkpoint the hog completely disappeared from the hull of the Mammoth :(

This game is so fucking glitchy. This is all on top of me losing ALL of my campaign progress last night. Guess I'm never getting that Lone Wolf achievement.

MinkTANK

Banned
They did updates, added maps, etc. What exactly made it turn so shitty? I stuck with it for a month or two and loved it, but for whatever reason I couldn't get addicted like I was to Gears 1 which I played everyday for 6 months+ straight. Hell even Gears 2 which I loathe I spent more time with than Gears 3 even though 3 had so much what I wanted. (dedi servers the biggest)

Judgement doesn't excite me at all and I question some of the MP choices. No mention of dedis, stopping power removed, and active bullets removed. Idk man...idk.

Eh, I have good feelings about Judgement. I disagree with the complete removal of active boosts, but it might change the game in a nice way, maybe a bit faster movement-wise due to less chance of dying quickly... Might is the keyword here.

Stopping power was the main offender. When playing against stacked teams it just turns into a stopping power stalemate a lot of the time. Booby trap campers and modded controller + hammerburst also mek meh sadt.

zlatko

Banned
So when do you unlock more weapon skins? Are those mainly in the specializations? I have yet to see the DMR skin or the Carbine skin.

I have a Carbine skin I think I got from leveling Rogue specialization. It's orange in color...makes me want to use the carbine just for sex appeal. :p

As much as I love Forge, the possibilities it invites and the tens of hours I've spent with it, I kind of wish all the development time on those three Forge maps would have just been put toward developing 3 more solid multiplayer maps. At this point, they're just wasted effort.

Why 2013 to stick at least one iteration of each Forge map into Matchmaking? If framerate is an issue, just make a very "light" Forge map using mostly existing environments. Fuck, I went from really happy about the map selection to cursing its slim quality.

I just want to play CTF without having to worry about avoiding Abandon and Complex. Asymmetric maps don't work in CTF. And certainly don't patch in 1-Flag; CTF's already annoying enough when a team gets up one flag and starts camping.

MinkTANK

Banned
So when do you unlock more weapon skins? Are those mainly in the specializations? I have yet to see the DMR skin or the Carbine skin.

You get the Carbine skin from Rogue. I'm guessing that by the time most people have got to 50, they've realised it's almost pointless to use the Carbine over a DMR/BR/DMR or DMR

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone wanna play some Halo 3 or Reach? For old times sake? With your ol' buddy kittens?

JB1981

Lolno, that game turned into a giant ballsack after a few months. Judgement has a huge chance though, the only MP title I'm looking forward to right now.

The game was amazing. The only problem with the game was the OP sawed-off. The matchmaking was fast, the dedicated servers were very solid and the game modes were all fun as hell and all the maps were good. I think it's right up there with the best the genre has to offer.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I have a Carbine skin I think I got from leveling Rogue specialization. It's orange in color...makes me want to use the carbine just for sex appeal. :p

Ah, gotcha. Wonder about the DMR skin. Any other skins in the game? I got one for the Promethean pistol.

You get the Carbine skin from Rogue. I'm guessing that by the time most people have got to 50, they've realised it's almost pointless to use the Carbine over a DMR/BR/DMR or DMR

Boo, Carbine is solid. Shoot way faster than the DMR.

L-O fucking L at the guy calling for Frank's banning in that thread.

Yeah, that is stupid as hell. Frank didn't have to do anything for that OP.

Striker

Carbine was more useful in Halo 2 and Halo 3, as was the Reach Needle Rifle. It's not just because of the power of the DMR making it so useless. It's disappointing they nerfed it.

TheOddOne

Carbine was more useful in Halo 2 and Halo 3, as was the Reach Needle Rifle. It's not just because of the power of the DMR making it so useless. It's disappointing they nerfed it.
I still get blinded by it though on close range, but yeah miss the Reach Needle Rifle.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I switch out between all rifles a lot. I love the Light Rifle, and it's fun to spam the Carbine at times. DMR is my main, but I do jump around.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Props to IGN for not sugar coating their reviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8BRbM52gpc

Spartan ops really is a waste of space. Should have just done traditional firefight or given us an actual secondary campaign, not this in-between crap. It does neither thing "well" at all. The only redeeming factor is the CG cut-scenes every week.

Sorry Ellis, it's not a "slight" at you, but Spartan ops really is a waste of space.

Also, you shouldn't be attributing people "tuning in" each week to "play" as a success, a lot of people are "completionists" like that and will suffer through crap content to finish out the game. I know I'm one of those people.

Ah, gotcha. Wonder about the DMR skin. Any other skins in the game? I got one for the Promethean pistol.
DMR skin comes with the Wetworks specialization.

Carbine is great in Campaign and SpOps. Sucks that the DMR is so vastly superior to any other weapon in matchmaking, and the 3x scope is only part of the problem.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Eh, to each their own. Spartan Ops is a lot of fun to me playing co-op. It's not all it should or could be, but I still have fun playing through each one. If they can beef it up as it goes on into Season 2 it'll be great.

Throw us book missions, or new maps every week. This one seems to be the test season as they had to finish it all before launch it was also probably rushed a bit.

Top Bottom