• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'm bummed that so much story stuff is apparently hidden in the books or waypoint/external web links.

If your game doesn't explain enough to make me interested I'm definitely not going to external sources to fill in the backstory.

That said I love the halo gameplay so much that the campain could have been literal pictures of poo between levels instead of cutscenes and I would have been fine.

stktt

Banned
Spartan systems have become so advanced to the point where they can detect when a grenade damages an unseen enemy, but can't leave a little Post-It-Note for where an ally's last known location was before flatlining.

Spartans never die.

TheOddOne

BttC2.png

Well this is creepy.
My stats now:

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I went through Devo's nightmare scenario today lol. I joined a CTF match a few minutes in, my team was down 2-0...on Complex. First 2 spawns I was dead in like 5 seconds. I said, "ok, they have map control and I'm being spawn killed, I'm used to this" I fought my way back and they scored 2 more flags with a mongoose run. We came back and won 5-4. I had 4 flag caps. Awww yeaaa.

feel

Almost done with the campaign, it has been a really fantastic experience and I don't want it to end. :(

Looking forward to playing more multiplayer after I'm done, the 3 or 4 BTB games I played earlier today were a blast.

orznge

Banned
Core gameplay is all I ever hear only problem is you NEVER GET TO PLAY IT.

You play the entire game folks...not just what you think can be good. Were stuck with all this crazy ordnance, overabundance of one shot weapons, not knowing what AA trick the enemy has...

Oh and yea while I'm at it the core gameplay isn't that great. Can I get what you guys think is the CORE GAMEPLAY?

Cause to me... Gunplay and feedback is weak as hell, I never know how many shots down I am...AA's need a click sound when they are back up...kills need a dinger. Shield/hit feedback is all but gone compared to Reach's system, which is extremely sad considering we were supposed to get great hitmarkers but I only seem to notice them on far nade tosses which makes no sense how your spartan would know if you hit the opponent with a nade toss unless it could be visually seen...

Shield health is almost no seperation..An AR or SAW up close drains someone shields and health, with no distinguishable features, headshot's feel less important.

Instant Respawn and low respawn timers completely change how the gameplay is. I've literally finished off BR battles I've lost on Haven...before the enemy got their shield back... Its friggen ridiculous especially in objective gametypes. Literally wipes out map control especially on maps with tunnels and objectives. (complex)

Some gametypes have team damage on some dont.

Whats with no weapons on map? Thats pretty core to be able to RELOAD your guns. Why am I trying to find dead bodies when I am out of ammo only to find their ammo has already despawned? These are spartans in a VR world going into battle why would they only take a certain amount of ammo with them? Maybe power weapons should despawn quicker there are already a shitload of them but do you have to despawn basic weapons, I want my killing frenzy to keep going but I get screwed over running out of ammo!

Without sprint the game would play slow because movement speed/strafe isn't all that great.

glad someone finally mentioned this since I asked like five times and no one ever answered I guess since there's way more interesting things to talk about like Not Gameplay

TheOddOne

I went through Devo's nightmare scenario today lol. I joined a CTF match a few minutes in, my team was down 2-0...on Complex. First 2 spawns I was dead in like 5 seconds. I said, "ok, they have map control and I'm being spawn killed, I'm used to this" I fought my way back and they scored 2 more flags with a mongoose run. We came back and won 5-4. I had 4 flag caps. Awww yeaaa.

nononoi.gif

I just don't like being late to the party.

orznge

Banned
it's remarkable to me that there seems to be even less incentive to win in this game than in Reach, barring unlocking player choice

orznge

Banned
What about...winning the match?

let me reiterate before you blast me with another platitude: it would be good, if in a future Halo game, there wasn't "drop-in" multiplayer, and there was some tangible gain aside from the satisfaction of winning the game (personally I like winning the game) that could deter The Pub Player from not playing with the explicit purpose of winning the match, so as to make the Pub Matchmaking Experience better for literally anyone who wants to ever play a single game without a party

Honestly they should give credits to people who stick along in games they get pounded in. Loads. Gives people incentive to stay in the game.

I should just get into gaming design fuck.

Ramirez

PV, smh.

Literally the only thing that makes me rage in this game, how something so stupid could make it into the game is just baffling...

orznge

Banned
I haven't done the math but can someone just kill kings and basically win Regicide that way?

no idea

earlier today though I was thinking about CSR or whatever the acronym was for Halo 4 Ranking Algorithm and it occurred to me that a factor in it's being shoved into a corner on Waypoint is likely personal performance being a metric and that the rank being visible in-game would lead to a large number of people eventually playing "against" their own "team" in order to rank up, if math permitted

a repeat of launch Arena would be so funny

no idea

earlier today though I was thinking about CSR or whatever the acronym was for Halo 4 Ranking Algorithm and it occurred to me that a factor in it's being shoved into a corner on Waypoint is likely personal performance being a metric and that the rank being visible in-game would lead to a large number of people eventually playing "against" their own "team" in order to rank up, if math permitted

a repeat of launch Arena would be so funny

That was done before, boosting.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Honestly they should give credits to people who stick along in games they get pounded in. Loads. Gives people incentive to stay in the game.

I should just get into gaming design fuck.

Should be an hour ban for quitting. No exceptions. Shitty connection? You're shitty connection makes the game worse for others gtfo. Emergency? Go deal with the emergency.

Ken

Should be an hour ban for quitting. No exceptions. Shitty connection? You're shitty connection makes the game worse for others gtfo. Emergency? Go deal with the emergency.

This doesn't work when JiP throws players into stupid games with no hope of winning.

orznge

Banned
Hello NeoGAF, I've come here to talk about the new Halo game. Before I did not like the Halo games, and now, because of (bizarre design decision with zero apparent thought put behind it) I enjoy the Halo game. In fact, I think (aforementioned change that is lauded as revolutionary by the very people that implemented it) it does (thing it doesn't do by any conceivable stretch of logic).

daedalius

Can't come up with good enough system for quitters? JiP.

4v5 the whole time was great... really.

Also I'd really like to know if I'm playing against a full team. Playing against full teams when you aren't on a full team is also terrible.

Omni

Played a game of Reach. Dear god...

It's so easy to hate on Halo 4's negatives and forget how much of an improvement it is over that monstrosity.

zap

All website developers should have a class "what not to do" - and then just set them loose on the Waypoint stats page.

Top Bottom