• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

neoism

That's pretty much where I am. Only, I think the break starts pretty soon.

Also: the Halo 4 OT2 is up for grabs, when the time comes. I think my time with starting and owning Halo threads is coming to a close. I put the time into them because I was passionate about the game. I'm not passionate about this game. And the passions I do have are not positive.

ibuWrq3Sg2gbyy.gif

I love Halo 3's campaign, it was my introduction to Halo and the Xbox in general (don't judge me).
Have you tried using the Brute Shot for the Ranged Forms? I actually find Marines are better with a Fuel Rod Gun, it's more forgiving of their terrible accuracy.
Yup, used brute shot when possible, but alas sometimes I had to go without. Outside of Cortana though the flood have some brief but refreshing encounters. You're always given or within the range of a shotgun from the start-- which reminds me, the shotgun in 3 has a reserve of 30, while 4's is a mere 18. :C

Having finished 3 again though I think I'll have to put it underneath ODST and CE now for high up there, instead of just above 2 for last. Just popped in 2 for a quick controls reference and yeah, the acceleration in 3 is just jank. I always assumed that 2 had acceleration too but it was just more reasonable, but it doesn't seem to have any at all. Shame a feature like that wasn't patched into 3 because just the basic aiming and FOV feel wacky.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
we can't even play traditional Halo settings in customs can we?

also juices this is a good post

I think you can get it pretty close, the only difference is that the weapons still shoot down from a drop pod, but you can make it classic from what I saw.

I don't think you can turn off sprint but what can you do.

Oh wait, you cant remove instant respawns...

lol thanks guys. That's game breaking.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So, some guy JIPs into a flood game and he was his FFA colors instead of Yellow. I betrayed him thinking he was some kind of glitched zombie. :[

CyReN

I'm noticing the flinch mechanic more and more. As it's my single most hated mechanic in FPS, and the one that has kept me from playing scores of other shooters, it's disappointing and frustrating that Halo 4 added it in.

I spent a long time with Reach trying very hard to like the game, because it was Halo. I don't think I'm going to give Halo 4 as long of a shot.

Just noticed this post, damn.

TCKaos

So, some guy JIPs into a flood game and he was his FFA colors instead of Yellow. I betrayed him thinking he was some kind of glitched zombie. :[

This happened to me earlier. The guy showed up in his FFA colors, had no FoF tag over his head and the reticle appeared red when it locked on him. I killed him, but then it showed up as a betrayal.

we can't even play traditional Halo settings in customs can we?

also juices this is a good post

I was able to get rid of weapon drops and replace them with fixed weapon spawns. Sprint, flinch, a killcams seem to be unchangeable. I'm trying to figure how to implement fixed spawn times.

EDIT: It seems you can set spawns times.

FyreWulff

I don't know if this happens 100% reliably, but if you spawn a Mantis in Forge and then adjust it's respawn time, it'll make the Mantis model spaz out and start separating, and then if you hold the stick to the right or left so it goes super fast through the numbers, the mantis will sink through the ground

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I was able to get rid of weapon drops and replace them with fixed weapon spawns. Sprint, flinch, a killcams seem to be unchangeable. I'm trying to figure how to implement fixed spawn times.

EDIT: It seems you can set spawns times.

Everything im seeing shows you cant turn off instant respawn. I hope it's a bug that gets fixed, but if this is intentional im sending it back.

I don't know if this happens 100% reliably, but if you spawn a Mantis in Forge and then adjust it's respawn time, it'll make the Mantis model spaz out and start separating, and then if you hold the stick to the right or left so it goes super fast through the numbers, the mantis will sink through the ground

Can we make a whack a mole map where people pop out of the ground in Mantises?

Everything im seeing shows you cant turn off instant respawn. I hope it's a bug that gets fixed, but if this is intentional im sending it back.

No chance this is a bug. 343 is committed to the dynamic instant respawn experience, and they really want to push it throughout Halo 4 gameplay!

Catching up on the thread. Really bummed to see Ghaleon so upset. I respect and somewhat agree with his opinion. I hope you stick around for the community if nothing else.

DeadNames

Banned
This game has it. Slayer Pro proves that. I think what 343 ought to do is make H4 a barebones version of what it is. Only Primaries, secondaries and grenades allowed for loadouts. This would keep the loadout system, which I actually like. Get rid of personal/global ordnance. Make snipers get unscoped when shot. Set weapon spawns.

This would make H4 a lot better.

I'm at 444.

#SWAG #BASED #RARE #ILYDEADNAMES

Team Slayer on Haven:
-Fixed weapons/grenade spawns
-No killcam
-Radar
-Ammo placement for BR/DMR
-2 grenade start

Weapons on Map:
-Needler (above red spawn)
-Stick Detonator (normal spawn)
-Carbine (stop left and right)
-UNSC Shotgun (bottom mid a little closer to red since the have further to run)
-Railgun (opposite stick detonator)
-Beam Rifle (top mid)

All done in Forge, though it needs to be tested and weapons may need adjusting/changing. Can't do anything about flinch or sprint.

I don't get the hate towards flinch.
It basically just gives you the choice to back out of zoom if you want (probably a better idea in most situations) without annoying the shit out of players unfamiliar with the system.
It adds to the skill gap IMO.

So far
I just got to the Halo ring
and closed it for the night. So far I'll say that while the interaction between the characters is excellent, I don't feel like much story is being...progressed here. Doesn't seem like much substance has happened.

And I was expecting way more emotion and intimacy between Chief and Cortana. There is 10x more in this game alone so far than past Halos, but I'm expecting more. Though there's still, what, 2 missions left?

We'll see.

Comparing my weapon stats from Halo Reach to Halo 4. Weapon with most kills in Reach: dmr is nearly 4000 kills. Frag grenades is almost 2000. Halo 4, 500 kills with the dmr, under 50 with frags. I miss when grenades were good; I'd take overpowered Reach grenades over underpowered Halo 4. They're useless in open areas, and are merely decent at getting you assists in tighter areas.

Ken

Spartan systems have become so advanced to the point where they can detect when a grenade damages an unseen enemy, but can't leave a little Post-It-Note for where an ally's last known location was before flatlining.

Fun fact! You can look straight up while holding Hardlight Shield. Can't wait for the minigames that involve requiring a team with unlimited AA usage to look straight up to block incoming projectiles/ordnance pods, ferry a slow spartan above across a bridge, etc.

Top Bottom